Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Max Payne 3 Release Date Is March 2012
    Rockstar Games have confirmed that Max Payne 3 will be coming in March 2012.

“Max Payne 3 gave us an amazing creative opportunity to evolve one of our most iconic characters” said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. “Max Payne has always had a rich narrative and deep story intwined into the game, and with the help of the current hardware, we can expect this to be a beautiful rendering of Max’s world.”

The game will incorporate “the latest advances in Natural Motion physics” and a brand new iteration of Rockstar’s own ‘Rockstar Advanced Game Engine’

“We’re excited to show fans a modern version of Max that pulls them back into his dark and twisted story.” says Houser. “[Expect] highly-refined gameplay, with an extensive range of realistic weaponry, an intelligent cover system and sophisticated Bullet-Time mechanics.”

Max Payne 3 will pick up where the previous titles left off. The game starts with showing Payne working in a private security sector in Sa Paulo, Brazil for a wealthy industrialist and his family.

Max Payne 3 will feature a multiplayer mode with load-out options and a leveling up system
    Source

Rockstar's Max Payne 3 Could Cost $105 Million to Develop, Require 4 Million Sold to Break Even

Yey

Last edited by Nuvian; 09-08-2011 at 21:40.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi

That is seriously ugly.The aesthetic of this game does not appeal me. However the gameplay might be the best one yet. The Natural Motion physics should be even better in a linear game.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    i hope thats not the box art? yay!!! more 3rd person shooters, we need more of those dammit!

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post

That is seriously ugly.The aesthetic of this game does not appeal me. However the gameplay might be the best one yet. The Natural Motion physics should be even better in a linear game.
    They will probably change it pre release (hopefully)

Once more into the fray.

Super Elite
    can't wait, hopefully it will be as good as the first 2.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Helm_of_Darkness
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post

Well, I like it. Something different. (At least I think).
    At least I like it better than GTA's box art.
    Are you just saying box art doesn't appeal to you? Because judging by the screenshots, it doesn't look like that in the game.
    EDIT: Which one is the official box art?!?! Some places on Rockstar's site, it has the picture above. Then on some, it has:

I like this one better than the above one that you posted. (Even though I like both)
    Go here: http://www.rockstargames.com/games#/?game=40
    If you're internet is slow enough, the text before the picture loads over it will say "Official Box Art", then it disappears when the picture loads.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    Fully destructible environment? Yeah right. Companies use terms like that way too much without delivering on the promise.
    I am more likely to believe that the environment will be almost as destructible as Battlefield(I would be incredibly surprised if they can get close to Red Faction Guerilla level of destruction).
    What game engine does this game use?
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

El Presidente
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator 101 View Post
    Fully destructible environment? Yeah right. Companies use terms like that way too much without delivering on the promise.
    I am more likely to believe that the environment will be almost as destructible as Battlefield(I would be incredibly surprised if they can get close to Red Faction Guerilla level of destruction).
    I would love for every single game to have RFG destructibility. But I see a problem. Mass Effect 3 comes out on march too D:

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Helm_of_Darkness
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator 101 View Post
    It uses a new iteration of R.A.G.E (Rockstar Advanced Game Engine) and Euphoria, I think that is for physics and stuff.
    (Btw, I hate Euphoria. It tries to do realistic movement when you walk, but it just doesn't feel right to me.)
    It's used in GTA IV, but in MP3, it's using a new version of it, hopefully improved.

Master Sage

I'm excited about the trailer
    Last edited by Nuvian; 09-13-2011 at 18:45.

Once more into the fray.

Master Guru
    Loved the first two, so I'm pretty interested in this. Can't wait to see the trailer.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Quote Originally Posted by TreKKiker View Post
    Well, I like it. Something different. (At least I think).
    At least I like it better than GTA's box art.
    Are you just saying box art doesn't appeal to you? Because judging by the screenshots, it doesn't look like that in the game.
    EDIT: Which one is the official box art?!?! Some places on Rockstar's site, it has the picture above. Then on some, it has:

I like this one better than the above one that you posted. (Even though I like both)
    Go here: http://www.rockstargames.com/games#/?game=40
    If you're internet is slow enough, the text before the picture loads over it will say "Official Box Art", then it disappears when the picture loads.
    It looks generic, a box art is supposed to capture the feel of the game and if that's it, i won't like it. The first 2 had much better ones.

I don't get it, you posted the same picture as me.

I hope to god the trailer is good.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    N.F.G

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    HitMan00
    I tell yuh rockstar really knows how to make good games. i'm on board, nice trailer.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I'm definitely buying this game. Rather it's day one or not depends on the length of the game.
    N.F.G

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Can't say that i'm disappointed. I guess the Max Payne 2 music set the mood right. I want to see proper gameplay though.

Forum Guru
    he looks like sam fisher. devs, please stop shaving everyones head..talk about de-evolution
    Quote Originally Posted by Fake_PSN
    The Playstation Blog guys are jerks. I just asked them what they were doing for lunch and they replied "We have no updates concerning lunch"

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    barit
    "Pain to the Payne!"

Love the new look of Max. Make me want to get the game even more cause something new and special seems to coming up. This will rock hard. And the soundtrack, oh my god when i hear this the good old memories coming back. I trust in R* that they make one hell of a game.

TWISTED METAL
    finally ive waited ages for this announcement cant wait !

"The real rulers in Washington are invisible, and exercise power from behind the scenes."

It's Rockstar! Where the hell are those LA Noire-style faces??

Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    I would love for every single game to have RFG destructibility. But I see a problem. Mass Effect 3 comes out on march too D:
    my thoughts exactly

Master Sage
    Thought id add some stuff to this thread, not exactly breaking news but...

Brand new details of the upcoming game "Max Payne 3" have been released.

In a video interview with GameSpot, Art Director Rob Nelson said:

"“We added that and we’ve added a cover mechanic, but those are ancillary additions to the core of the game, which is still very much the run and gun.”

"The setting in South America is a different setting than people would expect"

"Dark rainy and dark snowy nights" are in the Max Payne 3. Left trigger over the shoulder aiming has been introduced.

"We put alot of effort in the different aspects of Max"

"We are doing physics and animation when Max is dodging bullets"
    Watch the video for more details.

Painkillers allow you to go into bullet time (aka Last Man Standing) mode and allows you to shoot the enemy that almost killed you. "Bullet time is pretty much the same"

You can see a kill cam where you can see the enemy upclose when you kill them.

The game is out on March 2012, and will be available for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC
    Source

MAX PAYNE 3 "Design and Technology" Part 1

That video got me really hyped.

Once more into the fray.

Master Sage
    A new video is out

Once more into the fray.

Master Guru
    Items Bullet For My ValentineAvenged SevenfoldLed ZeppelinHIMRolling StonesSex PistolsPink FloydRed Hot Chili PeppersMetallicaLinkin ParkNirvanaSlipknot
    Oh didn't notice there was an official thread here! So psyched for this one!

Learn to do signatures here

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by spyrde View Post
    Oh didn't notice there was an official thread here! So psyched for this one!
    Same here, the old ones are 2 of the best 3rd person action games made in my opinion, shame remedy ain't making this one but the gameplay mechanics are there, hopefully rockstar can get the story right.

Max Payne 3: Gang Wars

What happens when narrative and multiplayer converge

Multiplayer might, at first, not seem like a natural fit for Max Payne. As its title suggests, the series has always featured an intensely personal story, the harrowing portrait of a man pushed to his absolute limit and how he copes with that torment.

To achieve this, narrative has always been paramount, and rightly so. It's what established Max as such an absorbing protagonist.

In stark contrast, the best multiplayer – from GoldenEye to Call of Duty – has always been about forging your own narrative. Players are cast as faceless, voiceless characters, whom over the course of several rounds spin a rudimentary narrative, defined by the outcome and the emergent rivalries of a single game.

Charlie Bewsher, the lead designer on Max's multiplayer, is well aware of these innate differences. "The narrative element of Max Payne 1 and 2, and what we're doing with 3, is obviously very strong. So when you starting thinking about the multiplayer version of Payne I think you've got to address that part of the game. But there's also a narrative unique to any multiplayer game, though – you sort of get this drama that unfolds."

Max Payne 3's attempts to give more definition to the spontaneous type of narrative you get in a round of multiplayer. To do this it's created a new mode called Gang Wars, the centrepiece of Payne's multiplayer suite. A typical match, for instance, might kick-off during the calamity of a drug deal gone horribly wrong. You must collect duffle bags gorged with cash and ferry them back to safe points. It's a standard multiplayer objective but the difference comes in the next round; instead of tasking you with the same objective, the mission changes and draws upon the events of the preceding round not only to give context but motivation for the new task.

The reasoning behind the mode is not force a new story upon players but to "highlight the dramas that happen," according to Bewsher. So in round two, for instance, a bounty might be placed on the head of the previous round's most lethal player. Or you might have to grab land from the dominant team. Say you successfully won the most new territory, in the next round you might have to frantically run around defusing bombs set on your new turf.

The objectives are connected through a voice-over by Max himself and the use of motion comics, ensuring the look and feel of Max Payne 3's single-player carries over into the multiplayer experience. And the variety of mission types available means the permutations for Gang Wars are virtually limitless.

The variety of objectives prevents one team from dominating – some reward ruthless individualism, while others encourage co-operation. It also means that rounds of Gang Wars unfold with the rhythm of the most absorbing sports game, emphasising organic drama of multiplayer – things like comebacks or last-minute wins feel more meaningful.

The multiplayer experience is augmented by the presence of Bursts – special abilities that you unlock as you accumulate XP. The perks are inspired by the individual characteristics of the factions open to players in multiplayer. In addition to Bullet Time, Max's signature skill, the most original Bursts are those that alter players' perception of reality.

Paranoia is particularly crafty enhancement that makes the opposition see their teammates as enemies. Each Burst is graded into three levels. Wait to use it, and it becomes all the more devastating, enabling friendly fire for the opposing team.

Other Burst destabilise proceedings in equally interesting and chaotic ways. Sneaky makes your gamertag appear as friendly to the enemy team, allowing you to infiltrate their base, for instance, before spectacularly betraying them. Intuition is a powerful ability that, at level 3, allows you to see a silhouette of every enemy.

Bullet Time appears in multiplayer in the form of a Burst. But it isn't based on a proximity bubble, it's all based on line of sight. If you're caught in the gaze of a player who has activated Bullet Time, reality will slow down for you, too. Bursts aren't simply about providing an advantage; they change the tempo of the gameplay – occasionally conferring an advantage, sometimes cancelling each other out.

Fortunately, many of the distinctive gameplay features that the Max Payne series innovated – Shootdodge, Bullet Time – sit more than comfortably within the confines of multiplayer. The ability to fling yourself through the air is a fantastic addition to multiplayer – especially when you see teammates bursting through windows and taking down opponents. It's incredibly useful as it can be deployed both offensively and defensively. Find yourself about close to death, and shootdodge can be used to break the line of sight with your attacker, giving you just enough time to regain consciousness. It also looks really, really cool.

The Gang Wars exist concurrent to Max Payne's central timeline, elaborating what happened to various gangs before and after they cross paths with Payne. So a match of Gang Wars might tell the story of the power struggle after Max deposed a dominant faction. It's an interesting idea, but we'll have to wait until we've played through the single-player campaign to see how the two narratives intertwine and support each other.

Initially, the idea of contouring multiplayer with a narrative might seem intrusive, forced and contrary to the ethos of multiplayer. But here it works brilliantly, since it constructs its story unobtrusively from the dramatic elements that emerge naturally in a game of multiplayer. For those who feel anonymous in a match of Call of Duty, Max Payne's multiplayer makes you feel integral to what's going on.
    Source

Once more into the fray.

Thread Information