Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Elite Guru
    Get your face in Max Payne 3's multiplayer
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...s-multiplayer/

What an honour it would be to be shot in the face a billion times. That honour could be yours if you get picked to have your face put into Max Payne 3.

Rockstar is running a casting competition through Twitter from now until January 13 in which eight fans will be picked to have their noggins imported into the game's multiplayer mode as a gang member.

All you have to do to enter is follow @RockstarGames on Twitter, then talk about the game using the #MaxPayne3 hashtag.

The developer will be choosing people at random for photos and eight winners in total will be picked. "Keep an eye on your twitter replies and direct messages for us to contact you through January 13th, 2012. All fans that we contact will only have 48 hours to respond," warns Rockstar

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The MP will probably just end up being average, for games like this they should focus on co-op instead of competitive MP in my opinion, i have so many games that MP was fun for 1 hour and then its never tried again.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.

3. Likes Two4DaMoney wishes they had posted this first.
    Super Elite
    Really looking forward to this, every game Rockstar has made for this generation (and the last to be fair) has been great and this looks no different. Can't wait.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    New image has been released (i haven't seen it before at least).

Once more into the fray.

PSN ID
    SquareX987
    "Colder than a walk in fridge. "Cold as a gun."

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    The dream sequence in max payne 1 always had me ****ting brix. I wanted to get through that fast.

Master Sage
    First Max Payne 3 multiplayer screenshots released

Rockstar Games has just released new batch of Max Payne 3 screenshots showcasing for the first time game's multiplayer portion. About Max Payne 3 multiplayer, Take Two says, "Max Payne 3's multiplayer aims to deliver a compelling experience that dynamically alters maps and mode progression for all players in a match"

"Along with traditional multiplayer modes, Max Payne 3 will also include a deep reward and levelling system, persistent clans and multiple strategic load-out options."
    Click for screenshots.

Once more into the fray.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    anytime i think of max payne, i alwayd remember the look on the old lead characters face...like he was having an excruciating ****..lol.

11. Likes Lebowski wishes they had posted this first.
    Master Sage
    Rockstar Research: The Weapon-Wielding Gangsters and Special Police Commandos of Max Payne 3

Escaping the traumatic events of Max Payne 2 and all of the corruption, betrayal, peril and pain of his existence as an NYPD detective, Max Payne breaks south – way south, to Săo Paulo, Brazil where he takes up a new gig working private security for a wealthy local family in Max Payne 3. As one might imagine, amidst the volatile disparity of towering wealth and profound, desperate poverty in Săo Paulo, this new job turns out to be not quite as cushy as hoped…

In addition to all of the intense technical development and meticulous game design being poured into Max Payne 3 to create an advanced and cutting-edge action-shooter gameplay experience - as always, painstaking effort has also been made by our development teams and internal Rockstar Research department to ensure that the vibe and presentation of Săo Paulo - touchstones like Paulistano culture, police, weaponry and other elements that will not only contribute to the game’s single-player narrative, but also the single and multiplayer environments and characters - are as authentic as possible.

Over the coming weeks and months, we'll be offering a glimpse into just some of the behind-the-scenes research and production design done over the course of Max Payne 3's development, from information and asset-gathering trips down to Săo Paulo, to local casting for pedestrian types in all the game's levels, to extensive study of municipal law-enforcement wings, weaponry and much more.
    Source

Click the source for the rest of the article along with links and images.

Once more into the fray.

Apprentice
    i think the targeting, shooting and cover system mechanics look similar to that of uncharted 3 but what about graphics? i hope the graphics will at least match up w/ uncharted 3. i'll trade batman AC in for this game.

629 performance center snub, strictly .44 magnum buffalo bore!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Helm_of_Darkness
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by lee___radio View Post
    i think the targeting, shooting and cover system mechanics look similar to that of uncharted 3 but what about graphics? i hope the graphics will at least match up w/ uncharted 3. i'll trade batman AC in for this game.
    i dont really care about Graphics, IMO. As long as the gameplay is good, and it's actually FUN to play, then I'd be happy.
    But if you mean colors and stuff, then I hope so too. Hope it's not like GTA IV was, all grey and dull.

Master Sage
    I somehow doubt the graphics will look as good as in Uncharted 3, i cant say i have been impressed with the graphics in any rockstar title the last 2-3 years.

Once more into the fray.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuvian View Post
    I somehow doubt the graphics will look as good as in Uncharted 3, i cant say i have been impressed with the graphics in any rockstar title the last 2-3 years.
    well, screen shots look pretty solid and with all the use of animation hybrids, it looks like the Euphoria Engine's go'na deliver a much higher aspect of character behavior and physics. Everything nathan drake can do and more/ better… a cover mechanic and proper reaction to shot placement totally has my attention! not to mention over-the shoulder aiming, it also looks more appealing.

"You can't stay in cover all the time because of that destruction engine and a particularly smart AI, which we're told will never acts the same way twice in multiple play throughs - and definitely won't sit around waiting for you to pop them one by one." -tom pakinkis

sounds very fulfilling, can't wait to pick it up! anyone else getting the special edition?
    Last edited by lee___radio; 01-16-2012 at 16:19.

Master Sage
    Remedy Says What Rockstar Has Done With Max Payne is "Brilliant"
    It's never easy taking over an IP from somebody else. Especially when that IP is so iconic. Luckily, Rockstar Games is the sort of company who rises to a challenge and rarely lets us down. Although Max Payne has been in development for what seems like an eternity now, the closer we finally get to launch, the better and better it looks.

I recently caught up with Remedy Entertainment, the original creators of Max Payne (and now Alan Wake) who sold the franchise to Take Two in 2002 for $10 million dollars and a motherload of shares of TTwo stock.

After playing a bit of Alan Wake's American Nightmare (which I quite enjoyed) Remedy's head of franchise development "Ozz" Hakkinen and I got to talking about other things. One of those things was Max Payne 3.

I asked him what he thought about what Rockstar has done with Max Payne. I mean, Max Payne 2 came out almost 10 years ago and Remedy has not been involved in the development Max Payne 3 nor has series writer and creator Sam Lake. Yet, none of that seemed to matter. His answer was simply one word. "Brilliant."

"We absolutely love what they've done and couldn't be more proud of where the series is headed"

"I mean, they don't really make ****ty games, do they? It's as if the Rockstar logo has become this, "Seal of quality."
    I agreed, but it was at that point that I brought up Manhunt 2 and we shared a laugh. Everybody gets one Rockstar... everybody gets one.

So Rockstar Games, if you're listening, keep up the "brilliant" work!
    Source

Looks like Max Payne will be delayed (thanks TakkenLord).
    Max Payne 3 delayed to 'ensure quality'
    Last edited by Nuvian; 01-17-2012 at 15:30.

Once more into the fray.

Master Sage
    A new design and technology video has been released:

Once more into the fray.

Apprentice
    happy we're getting multiplayer, i believe the experience will be just as amazing as uncharted 3!

Btw, change thread title release date to: MAY 2012
    Last edited by lee___radio; 01-20-2012 at 04:49.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by lee___radio View Post
    happy we're getting multiplayer, i believe the experience will be just as amazing as uncharted 3!

Btw, change thread title release date to: MAY 2012
    Forgot about that, ill ask a staff member to do that.

Once more into the fray.

Apprentice
    great video, fits the game real nice! enjoy:
    Last edited by lee___radio; 01-26-2012 at 06:03.

Master Sage

Rockstar recently dropped an annotated version of their official trailer for Max Payne 3. The trailer, like all other Max Payne trailers in the past, gives a nice look at some of the games new features. Mostly what the trailer does is proved a detailed look at the new world Max is required to survive, while dropping some hints on the new features that will be at gamers disposals. To uncover a bit more on the annotated version of the trailer we dive a little deeper with the ‘Decoded’.

Watching the new trailer reveals a ton of details and sets a rich backdrop for the new story in Max Payne 3. It also shows why three studios are better than one, when it comes to developing a game. One small comment could be a hint at a new design for Max Payne 3, or a simple way to say rich people fly to where they’re going. In the past Max Payne has always been a linear game, though Rockstar has confirmed that this new game is also of the linear variety, players will directly experience the highlife and venture to a number of different locations in Max Payne 3. The annotation reads “Traveling by Helicopter is a routine part of life for many of San Pablo’s wealthy residents “. Because Max is protecting the wealthy Branco family, he’ll get a few of the perks that come with the highlife. Exactly what all of those are, is still unknown.

Confirming that Max is out to recover Victor Branco’s kidnapped wife Fabiana, Rockstar reveals a number of new enemies players will face. The two groups currently known area the ‘Comando Sombra’ and the ‘Cracha Preto’. However, the game is set to feature a number of other factions for players to fight against. Max is not working for any of the many rouge groups in San Pablo, so he will face off against anyone who stands in the way of him recovering Fabiana. Which Includes, the ‘Right-Wing-Guns-For-Higher’ - a real life vigilante group made of former police officers. This group will be one of the more brutal forces in Max Payne 3, one we believe Rockstar is referring to as the UFE.
    Source

Getting closer now

Once more into the fray.

Apprentice
    very similar to "man on fire" maybe we'll get to plant an bomb up someone's rectum too.
    Last edited by lee___radio; 03-06-2012 at 14:47.

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Can they PLEASE hurry up and release this 5 hour/NO re play value crap and do things that ACTUALLY matter, such as releasing info on GTA.

( IMO, )

25. Dislikes keefy is confounded by the utter nonsense of this most disagreeable post
    Master Sage
    Max Payne: The Story So Far

For those of you gearing up to play Rockstar’s upcoming crime thriller Max Payne 3, we’ve prepared this primer on the plots of the first two games and a look into what's coming up in the third. Whether you’re new to the series or a veteran looking for a refresher, this is everything you need to know about the sordid saga that brought Max Payne to the streets of Brazil.

Max Payne (2001)
    Developer: Remedy
    Publisher: Gathering of Developers, Rockstar Games

We’ve grown accustomed to more adult tales in video games – even ones that delve into moral ambiguity and tragedy – but it’s important to note how different the original Max Payne was in tone from the action games and shooters of its day. While the long-in-development title received attention for its groundbreaking “Bullet Time” slow-motion mechanics, the game also delivered an emotional film-noir tale of betrayal – in many ways setting the stage for Team Bondi and Rockstar’s later L.A. Noire.

The story was told in a unique way. Perhaps due to technical constraints, developer Remedy (later known for the Alan Wake series) eschewed conventional pre-rendered cutscenes in favor of graphic novel style storyboard vignettes to deliver the story, written by Alan Wake scribe Sam Lake. This low-tech approach, coupled with amazing artwork and actor James McCaffrey’s indelible noir-style voiceover, created a narrative with a remarkable impact. Sam Lake, who would later go on to pen Remedy’s brain-bending Alan Wake, wrote the original script.

Max Payne is nearly bursting with (sometimes improbable) plot twists, double-crosses, and convoluted plotlines, so take a deep breath before you read this. It wasn’t easy to summarize.

The game borrows the common cinematic technique of beginning right before the end of the story, and then flashing back to the events led our hero to the top of a New York City building in 2001.

After this ambiguous opening, the game skips back to 1998. Here, we witness the tragic event that would color the rest of Max Payne’s life. In horror, we see a gang of thugs (high on the new designer drug Valkyr) murder Max’s wife and daughter. This troubling sequence clearly establishes the series’ mournful, noir tone.

The story then picks back up in 2001. Max has left the NYPD for a post in the DEA. He’s on the trail of the drug Valkyr – specifically the Punchinello crime family, which is trafficking the substance in New York. He gets an urgent call from his fellow agent Alex Balder, who wants meet. When he arrives, there’s a shootout with the Punchinello underboss Jack Lupino and his goons. Unfortunately, Balder is killed and Max is now a suspect in the murder. To boot, Payne was working undercover in the Punchinello family, and his cover is now blown.

Max then sets on a mission to both take down Lupino and clear his name. While he eventually finds Lupino and executes him, he ends up being drugged by a beguiling femme fatale Mona Sax, who is an assassin. Sax delivers a drugged Max to the Punchinellos.

Things only get more convoluted from here. Max escapes the mob and enters into an uneasy alliance with Russian organized crime boss Vladimir Lem, who’s been warring with the Punchinellos to gain control of the city’s Valkyr trade. Max takes out one of Lem’s men who had betrayed him for the Punchinellos, then stages an ill-fated attack on the home of Don Agnello Punchinello. He arrives to see the dead body of Mona Sax’s sister Lisa (who was the leverage the Punchinello’s had over Mona to kidnap Max) and learns that the Don had only been dealing Valkyr at the behest of the Aesir Corporation. After the battle at the Don’s, Aesier head Nicole Horn administers an overdose of Valkyr to Max, who blacks out and suffers disturbing visions of his dead wife.

Max regains consciousness in an abandoned foundry that hides a military facility. Here, the true nature of the drug Valkyr is revealed. As it turns out, the drug was developed by an illicit military program to improve soldier’s field performance. It proved dangerous and was officially discontinued, but Aesier secretly kept it in production. Max’s wife had discovered the truth – which led to Horne sending Valkyr-addled goons to kill her in 1998. As if on cue, Horne arrives and attempts to destroy the complex – with Max inside it.

Our hero escapes, and meets up with another fellow DEA Agent, B.B., who cops to killing Alex Balder at the beginning of the game and framing Max. He then tries to kill Max again – an attempt that ends with Max killing B.B. Max then receives a call from a mysterious older gentleman named Alfred Woden.

Woden reveals that he’s part of the “Inner Circle” – a secret society that dates back many years and has connections to the highest levels of society and government. Woden feels that Horne and Aesir have gone too far, and tells Max he will ensure that the murder charges he’s facing will be dropped if he eliminates Horne.

The final battle takes place at Aesir’s headquarters, where Max goes to end things with Horne. He’s surprised by Mona Sax, who is still tasked (for reasons that aren’t entirely clear) with killing Max. However, their burgeoning romantic tension stops her from pulling the trigger, and Horne’s men shoot her.

Max runs to the rooftop (where we saw him at the beginning of the game) and begins a final fight with Horne. Horne attempts to escape in a helicopter, but Max topples the building’s antenna, which falls on the helicopter and bathes his nemesis in flame. In the aftermath, Max is arrested, but as he’s being walked out in handcuffs he exchanges a wry glance with a watching Alfred Woden, safe in the knowledge that Woden will clear his name as promised.

Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne (2003)
    Developer: Remedy
    Publisher: Rockstar Games

Subtitled “a film noir love story,” this chapter in Max’s saga explores another dark period for the beleaguered detective. The game begins with Max back at his post at the NYPD. Though Alfred Woden cleared him of all charges related to the events of the first game, he was not able to get Max back in the good graces of the DEA. In his daily detective duties, Max begins to chase the trail of an assassin group named “The Cleaners.” During his investigation, he once again crosses paths with Mona Sax – who we had assumed was dead at the end of the first game.

Mona is a suspect in one of the Cleaners cases, and is arrested for the assassination of a senator in spite of Max’s efforts to save her. When she’s in the station for booking, the Cleaners attack and Mona flees. Max and Mona meet up later and successfully fend off another attack by the Cleaners. Suddenly, Max’s partner Valerie Winterson arrives on the scene and pulls a gun on Mona. Mona tells Max that Winterson is dirty – in league with the Cleaners. She must be convincing, because Max shoots Winterson, but not before she puts a bullet in Max as well.

After he comes to in the hospital, Max continues his quest to sort out this sordid tale. However, he’s captured by an old frenemy, Russian drug kingpin Vladimir Lem from the original Max Payne. Lem, who is part of scion Alfred Woden’s Inner Circle, wants to kill Woden and take control of the secret society. Winterson is his hired gun (as well as his lover). On the other hand, Woden ordered Mona to kill Max and Lem. After this revelation, Lem shoots Max, who is rescued from the now-burning building by Mona.

The game comes to a climax at Woden’s mansion, where Mona is overcome with love and can’t bring herself to kill Max. Lem, who was hoping his enemy would take out the man who now knows too much, shoots Mona. In a flurry, Woden leaps at Lem and is killed.

Max and Lem have a scuffle, which is brought to a swift conclusion when Lem activates a bomb he’s planted in the mansion. A final gunfight culminates when Max succeeds in bringing down the platform Lem is standing on, killing the mobster.

Interestingly, the game actually has two endings. The first time you play through the game, Max goes to Mona and watches her die. After completing the game on the default difficulty level, players open up a hard mode. If you play through and beat the game on the highest difficulty, Mona survives.

What’s Next For Max?

While we won’t know the full scope of Max Payne 3’s plot until the game releases, we know a few basics. The following is culled from impressions we’ve gleaned from some live demonstrations.

A number of years (Rockstar wouldn’t specify exactly how many) have elapsed since the end of Max Payne 2. Time has not been kind to Max. He left the NYPD and fell into a haze of drugs and drink in his apartment in Hoboken, New Jersey. Opportunity knocks in the form of Raul Passos, an old acquaintance from the police force who offers Max a job in private security in Sao Paulo, Brazil. At first, a cynical Max declines.

A few minutes later, the job suddenly becomes more appealing when a crew of mobsters headed by Anthony DeMarco pulls up. DeMarco wants revenge for Max killing his son. With the building under siege, Max and Raul quickly make a run for it, clearing out hallways of attackers in sequences that call to mind the action of the first two games. For a second, it looks like Max is going to meet a premature end, but a strange homeless man saves his life for no apparent reason and engages our anti-hero in a small, almost surreal moment of conversation.

In Sao Paulo, Brazil, he begins working in the shadowy world of private security for the local scion Rodrigo Branco. Predictably, everything goes to hell when Comando Sombra, a street gang with ties to the drug trade, kidnaps Branco’s wife, Fabiana. Max is tasked with bringing her back, and the result is a whole lot of gunplay.

That’s the basic set-up for the game. However, if Max Payne’s past is any indication, we can safely assume the plot (and the motives of the main characters) are much more complicated than they appear.
    Worth a read.

Once more into the fray.

27. Likes gangsta_795 wishes they had posted this first.
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuvian View Post
    Certainly. Bookmarked
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Master Sage

Once more into the fray.

Thread Information