Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 414 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Master Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by brebaz View Post
    It's the only show that I've seen in the last 5-6 years that is getting better. Each and every episode is simply amazing.
    If you like this make sure you check out Spartacus as well. Both are very well written shows.

Few details about season 2 below - (no story spoilers)

Great to hear that George R.R is heavily involved with the series.

After last week’s shocking development, Game Of Thrones fans are clamoring for the season one finale this Sunday. While it’s a long wait for the Season 2 premiere next year, filming begins next month, and executive producers David Benioff and Dan Weiss revealed a few details in a recent interview.

Game Of Thrones has climbed steadily in the rating since its mediocre debut, with last week’ episode winning 2.7 million viewers. HBO renewed Game Of Thrones almost immediately after the premiere, and we can expect the second season to arrive in or around April of next year.

The production will remain a UK affair, with indoor filming in Belfast and exterior scenes shot on location around Northern Ireland. Last year, the crew went to locales like Malta to film scenes in the fictional eastern continent, so expect the same location or a reasonable facsimile for the continuation of Daenerys’ (Emilia Clarke) storyline.

While no new cast members have been announced, expect the characters from the current season to return (at least the ones that make it out of the finale alive). The next season is based on the second book of A Song of Ice and Fire, A clash of Kings, and will call for dozens of new parts, large and small. Executive producers Benioff and Weiss gave an interview to the L.A. Timesand let loose some tidbits about adapting the second novel for the small screen:

Benioff: …There’s a lot of writing and a lot of casting still. Most series if you get second season you’re done with most of the casting. With the second book and the second season, a whole slew of characters make their appearances.

Weiss: I’m sitting here looking at our casting grid, which is a grid of names and faces of all the characters. …Now I’m looking at the grid again, and half the people are gone because they’ve been massacred wholesale. And now there’s a grid to be filled in again with a new group of people.
    With filming beginning so soon, you can expect casting for important Clash of Kingscharacters like Stannis Baratheon, Balon Greyjoy and Melisandre to be announced or leaked in the next few weeks.

Readers will be happy to know that author George R.R. Martin‘s role as an executive producer is not a mere title. He’s had writing duties of his own, and continues in an oversight role as production on the second season begins. In fact: Martin will be writing an entire episode which portrays the pivotal event that concludes the second book/season.

Benioff: He’s writing an episode for the coming season, which is probably the heaviest, the [spoiler]. Now that we’re on the ground here in Belfast and working with the visual effects team and production team that’s going to create the sets, we have to talk to George about what that looks like. He’s just as involved as in Season 1.

Weiss: …After each episode we get a report card.
    The pair also mentioned some of the special effects-heavy events in Season 2, which we’ll omit for spoiler reasons. Benioff and Weiss acknowledged that there are challenges bringing such a large-scale fantasy world to life, especially when it comes to budget, but a continued focus on the various characters of Game Of Thrones has allowed them to pick and choose when and where to use expensive and time-consuming effects.
    http://screenrant.com/game-thrones-s...-mcrid-120008/

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    If you like this make sure you check out Spartacus as well. Both are very well written shows.

Few details about season 2 below - (no story spoilers)

Great to hear that George R.R is heavily involved with the series.

http://screenrant.com/game-thrones-s...-mcrid-120008/
    I saw Spartacus it was great. not as good as Game of thrones IMO

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Nowhere near as good as Game of Thrones.

Master Sage
    I saw Spartacus it was great. not as good as Game of thrones IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    Nowhere near as good as Game of Thrones.
    Each to their own, i'd put Spartacus slightly above Game of Thrones, but not by much.
    Both are incredibly good.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Each to their own, i'd put Spartacus slightly above Game of Thrones, but not by much.
    Both are incredibly good.
    I'm gonna watch Gods of the arena in the next couple of days, hopefully it's better than Blood and sand.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    eh in some ways it is but overall, the original series was the best..just the effects were really ****ty...still, way better than smallville season finale CGI superman

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Quote Originally Posted by smiggy View Post
    Yep nearish the end, double checked.
    Watched the last few episodes with my dad. I definitely must have zoned out at that point because Jaime's capture is clearly there.

Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    eh in some ways it is but overall, the original series was the best..just the effects were really ****ty...still, way better than smallville season finale CGI superman
    Frankly, the smallville finale CG was pretty decent all things considered... TV budget and scale of the scene.

That's usually the kind of thing I don't like about TV shows, when they are centered around a story that needs CG as it usually looks crappy. Unfortunately one TV show that had some of the best TV CGI, was also the reason it was canceled.
    Last edited by RedDragon7; 06-22-2011 at 07:40.

Veteran
    Items FuturamaLinuxBlizzardUser name style
    That was the gayest ending ever. They didn't even tie up any loose sting, instead they untied like 4/5 more. Ugh, I can't wait a whole ****ing year.
    2010 Lethal's FF League Champion

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Loyal-to-LFC & DaveNI1979
    Items PS3 SlimLiverpool
    Aparrently filming for season 2 is starting soon in belfast. Wonder could I get a job as an extra lol

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by bash View Post
    That was the gayest ending ever. They didn't even tie up any loose sting, instead they untied like 4/5 more. Ugh, I can't wait a whole ****ing year.
    I actually thought it ended really well.
    Leaves me wanting more but not like the usual cliffhangers where i want to see the next one straight away.

But then again i wasn't expecting it to fully wrap-up.

I don't expect the full winter to hit until season 3 and season 2 to be more about the Lanisters and Starks.

I haven't read the books and i don't think i should as it'd spoil the show.

Breaking bad will be out in a few weeks so that should keep me entertained until the Ringer and other shows start back up in September.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    The only thing I was hoping for in season finale was for the Starks to show up to battle and get some Lanister revenge, the show really likes to drag on that til season 2. But I have a feeling season 2 will have massacre with the Dragon-Girl or when the Dragons grow up to full size. She will be so powerful. The next show I'm really excited for and heavily anticipating is Sons of Anarchy. Season 2 was my favorite but the season finale episode was so ****ing amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon7 View Post
    Watched the last few episodes with my dad. I definitely must have zoned out at that point because Jaime's capture is clearly there.

Frankly, the smallville finale CG was pretty decent all things considered... TV budget and scale of the scene.

That's usually the kind of thing I don't like about TV shows, when they are centered around a story that needs CG as it usually looks crappy. Unfortunately one TV show that had some of the best TV CGI, was also the reason it was canceled.
    Nah, sorry, the season finale was no excuse. It looked like any other episode. He could have worn the costume and it made it look more authentic when not flying. That being said, I did like the season finale a lot when they used the theme song and the end credits, and the way they had Chloe read a DC comic to her son, I thought that was really cool. I was really hoping for a Batman reference in the episode, even if it was irrelevant. Just a nice nod to fans to say "well Gotham seems to be worse with crime than Metropolis"
    Last edited by Lebowski; 06-22-2011 at 23:22.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Gonna have to agree to disagree Dre. I just watched Spartacus and damn that was ****... Smallville looks sooo much better now, IMO.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Then I'll agree to disagree that both shows have horrible special effects/CGI. I think that is a fair conclusion lol.

Veteran
    Items FuturamaLinuxBlizzardUser name style
    I actually thought it ended really well.
    Leaves me wanting more but not like the usual cliffhangers where i want to see the next one straight away.

But then again i wasn't expecting it to fully wrap-up.

I don't expect the full winter to hit until season 3 and season 2 to be more about the Lanisters and Starks.

I haven't read the books and i don't think i should as it'd spoil the show.

Breaking bad will be out in a few weeks so that should keep me entertained until the Ringer and other shows start back up in September.
    Well they should of at least tied up some stuff not make things worse.

BTW You have a lot of self control I'm probably going to read the books before sping 2011. Probably after I finish listening to "The Death Gate Cycle" on the 2nd book right now (Elven Star).
    2010 Lethal's FF League Champion

Superior Member
    So I just watched the first episode last night, and holy c*** this looks like its gonna be wild. The way the first episode ended was messed, I can't wait to watch this whole series.

SOTW...Get in there and Vote people

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorious View Post
    So I just watched the first episode last night, and holy c*** this looks like its gonna be wild. The way the first episode ended was messed, I can't wait to watch this whole series.
    This thread contains spoilers! Avoid at all costs!

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    I'm used to waiting by now. Harry potter 10 years and I haven't touched a single book so far! This is nothing.

Also, @bitybydeath: I watched Spartacus: gods of the arena, And My opinion stay the same. Game of thrones is a lot better.

Forum Sage

I love the Harry Potter books, if you enjoyed the films you should check them out!

Superior Member
    This thread contains spoilers! Avoid at all costs!
    Thanks for the heads-up, but I don't mind having things spoiled. I've found over the years most people screw up the story when retelling anyway, like broken telephone.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    I love the Harry Potter books, if you enjoyed the films you should check them out!
    Once it ends, I will.

Master Sage
    Also, @bitybydeath: I watched Spartacus: gods of the arena, And My opinion stay the same. Game of thrones is a lot better.

Ok

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Dragons are better than cats

Master Sage
    Awesome

HBO execs say they plan on keeping "Game of Thrones" going as long as Martin keeps writing the books.
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/213...-premiere-news

Superior Member
    I just bought the box set today, well the the first four anyway. Can't wait to get through Game of Thrones and on to the next one, the show left me wanting too much.

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Quote Originally Posted by bash View Post
    I thought the ending was cool, it did a great job getting you hyped for the next season.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

Thread Information