Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Super Elite
    Halo 3 vs Killzone 2: Halo 3, I thought Halo 2 was the worst FPS I've seen in a long time but I enjoyed Halo 1 a great deal more then killzone so no reason to think that Halo 3 will have Halo2's flaws

Gears of War vs Resistance: Resistance: Had to say resistance since atm I have to share internet preventing me from getting anything useful to make a proper judgment on gears

Metal Gear Solid 4 vs. Mass Effect MGS have to say MGS, I just have to

Heavenly Swords vs. Ninja Gaiden 2 Meh

Final Fantasy XIII vs. Fable 2 FFXIII Anyone who doesn't vote FF13 should be shot repeatably and there body burned

Gran Turismo vs. Forza Motorsport2 Neither Never liked racers

Dragon Quest 9 vs. Blue Dragon Blue dragon I want them both equally however bluedragon is the reason i'm going to buy a 360 so it gets the vote

Bioshock vs. Devil May Cry 4 DMC4 I don't know much about either but DMC4 seems to have more people addicted allready

Lost Planet vs. Lair Lair As many have said....dragons will always be cool

Resident Evil 5 vs. Assassin's Creed, Both AC seems to be coming along nicly and the idea seems great and some resident evils might have somthing new or be missing somthing a previous RE had/didn't have but has always be very entertaining to play
    if I am in the PS3 or 360 section I will NOT post about the competitor just to please people, if you want to know what I think about the competitor link me to a thread in the appropriate section

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Existence420
    Never play or saw halo-/ killzone 2 (is for the psp) but the killzone(no # yet maybe 3) i really didnt like the killzone 1 when i play it so i dont know really care for these two games.

I dont really care for the 1st person games but this game i might check out-Resistance.

MSG4- to me and only me this is the best game ever, oops i mean series. sorry this game always win in my book.

racing games dont care for them that much/ however if gt5 is online then i might get it(and no, to gt-hd)

no to the dragon games too. dont really know them.

DMC4 i pick / the other game i dont know too much about it.

HS vs NG2- dont know about these game yet- maybe ng2- never play on the xbox but play on the nintendo i love it.

FFVIII - love this game too. if i ever get an xbox360 or win one for free, fable2 would be a game i get.

Lair- have to check it out 1st- again the other game dont know much about it.

RE35 vs AC - getting both to hard to pick.
    "religion will put a man on his knees science put a man on the moon, nuff said"
    by someone i dont know.

Elite Member
    It was never specified if we were to pick games based on how much we think they will sell, or how good we think they will actually be in terms of our own opinion and tastes.

Forum Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    1. Well, Halo 2 may win in sales, but I am still rooting for the undeteremined-strength underdog of Killzone 2.

2. Gears of War may have the better graphics, but I think that the hugh battles, dozens of level, and a whole lot of weaponary for Resistence give it an edge.

3. Metal Gear Solid 4 all the way, the graphics, storyline, refined gameplay, and it's extremely intriguing. Mass Effect, I know I do sort of like KOTOR, but I would rather play Deus Ex Invisible War if I want a shooter/RPG.

4. I have very high expectations with Heavenly Sword, with its impressive graphics, action and an ass-kicking woman to boot. Ninja Gaiden, I can see how that can excel, such as with movement, difficulty and graphics, but there isn't much info on the Ninja Gaiden 2. So I would go with Heavenly Sword.

5. Considering how there hasn't really been a bad Final Fantasy and the fan base is incredibly huge, WAY bigger than the Fable series, I feel that Final Fantasy will win this bout.

6. Considering, over the course of Gran Turismo's lifespan, it has come out with more customization, visuals, cars, and music. I feel it has more to offer than Forza Motorsport 2.

7. This is being honest, I would go with Blue Dragon, mainly because it is known to be released in the near future and there is info on it already. Sorry Dragon Quest 9, wish you had more info or any kind of hint on your existence.

8. Devil May Cry 4, mainly because I have played 1, 2 and 3 and I feel that they can really pull through with this game. It may not have the eerie atmosphere, but it does have its own brand of face-paced action.

9. Suprisingly, I cannot tell, I have no comment on this.

10. Resident Evil 5 will probably win, mainly because of its huge fanbase and also interesting concept on how it works. Assassins Creed may have reactive AI and interesting battles, but I still feel that Resident Evil 5 will score one for any system that has it.

Apprentice

Halo 3 vs Killzone 2

Halo 3 seems like it is returning to the wonderful, awestriking game that was Halo CE. The A.I. in Halo 2 was amazing for it's time. Though i was dissapointed in the storyline for Halo 2 , I think Halo 3 has the chance to be one of my favorite games of all time.

Gears of War vs Resistance

Gears of War looks awesome. Cliffy B has been quoted as saying that graphics make them come, gameplay makes them stay. He understands that concept, so i think Gears of War is gonna be fantastic.

Metal Gear Solid 4 vs. Mass Effect

I am so looking forward to Masss Effect and yes Bioware has been consistent, but the Metal Gear franchise is so good and consistent, i have to go for MGS4.

Heavenly Sword vs. Ninja Gaiden 2

I loved what they did with Ninja Gaiden on the xbox. I am so looking forward to Ninja Gaiden 2. I hope they don't call it Ninja Gaiden 2, they need to think of a better name.

Final Fantasy XIII vs. Fable 2

Final Fantasy 7 ties with Halo CE for my favorite game of all time. I was a Final Fantasy fan as a kid, but didn't get a ps2 so i missed out on the last few. Fable 2 has so much promise, but final Fantasy easily takes the cake here.

Gran Turismo vs. Forza Motorsport2

If this is Gran Turismo HD i choose forza. But if this is a new GT built from scratch I choose GT. I didn't play either, but I know GT is the stronger franchise.

Dragon Quest 9 vs. Blue Dragon

I don't know much about either of these games.

Bioshock vs. Devil May Cry 4

Bioshock has been getting revering previews.

Lost Planet vs. Lair

I haven't seen much on Lair. Lost Planet looks to be fun as hell.
    It is terribly difficult to understand the behavior of someone much smarter than you are.

Your focus determines your reality.

My Systems including turbogrfx 16

Consoles don't have graphics. Games have graphics. Open your mind.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquanox View Post

And the contenders are!!
    • Halo 3 vs Killzone 2
    • Gears of War vs Resistance
    • Metal Gear Solid 4 vs. Mass Effect
    • Heavenly Swords vs. Ninja Gaiden 2
    • Final Fantasy XIII vs. Fable 2
    • Gran Turismo vs. Forza Motorsport2
    • Dragon Quest 9 vs. Blue Dragon
    • Bioshock vs. Devil May Cry 4
    • Lost Planet vs. Lair

Non Exclusive Fights (new)
    • Resident Evil 5 vs. Assassin's Creed
    Well, some of those games are not yet proven franchises up there so it's not fair to compare because I can easily say that Gran Turismo, Dragon Quest, RE5, FFXIII (especially) and MGS4 would most likely be winners in popularity (due to big user base and past successes) and sales (same thing as the last parenthesis).

HALO 3 VS KILLZONE PS3: Now, Halo 3 vs Killzone PS3 is a tough one. On one hand you have the legendary shooter who's predecessor broke boundaries even with little user base and at the same time, you have Killzone PS3 that has been probably the most talked about shooter in the PS community...so we know that both of these games are going to be huge but I think Halo 3 gets my vote in it just for being tried and true (minus Halo 2 >_>).

LOST PLANET VS LAIR: Lost planet didn't interest me at all before the recent gameplay videos that resembled somewhat Halo-like gameplay that I really love. Lair, on the other hand, we have no clue about, we don't know what the gameplay will really play like so I can't say anything about it so I'm going to leave this one alone until TGS.

GEARS OF WAR VS RESISTANCE: This is a tricky one. Both games improved immensely and I don't like either of them. Although the recent pictures of Resistance got my interest into it and some of the guns looked cool. Resistance is not as hyped as GeOW but they're both very popular. A while back, my thoughts were that both were going to suck in gameplay but they both seem fun in their own ways. Although my interest in resistance has been more lately due to the recent screenshots and I'm a sucker for FPS (the only 3rd person shooters I've ever liked are the Socom series and Ghost Recon 2+. I wish resistance was more realistic, I don't like unrealistic UT-like guns but if the guns are really cool then I might give it a rent. I'm going to guess that Resistance will probably not exceed GeOW's sales.

NINJA GAIDEN 2 VS HEAVENLY SWORD: I have no interest in either of these titles yet. Have we actually seen what NG2 looks like? Because if we have then I've missed it. Now if Heavenly Sword has big environments like in the waterfall demo, then yes HS gets my vote hands down. So far we haven't seen much of either (especially NG2).

Master Poster
    Whats this? A civil debate about 360 vs. PS3 without being blown out of porportion.. how... rare. Brilliant thread by the way Aqua.

Halo 3 vs Killzone 2 = Killzone. Halo 2 kind of killed Halo for me.

Gears of War vs Resistance = Tie. both look spectacular in their own way, really hard to chose on this one.

Metal Gear Solid 4 vs. Mass Effect = MGS. Ive always loved the MGS series.

Heavenly Swords vs. Ninja Gaiden 2 = Tie. Heavenly Sword looks amazing, but then NG has always looked amazing and the game play has always been fun.

Final Fantasy XIII vs. Fable 2 = FFXII. Grafix look insane and I didnt like fable. Im hoping the next one is better.

Gran Turismo vs. Forza Motorsport2 = Forza. Im not into racing games, but I appreciated Forza more than I ever have GT.

Dragon Quest 9 vs. Blue Dragon = I know nothing of either of these games.

Bioshock vs. Devil May Cry 4 = DMC4. I dont know much about Bio Shock but every DMC game has been enthralling thus far.

Lost Planet vs. Lair = LAIR. My most anticipated game to date. Dragons, the grafix look great and it'll definitely be a new experience.

Resident Evil 5 vs. Assassin's Creed = AC. RE is too long and drawn out. The parts where you actually get some action are ok, but running around looking for items just tends to put me asleep. AC looks rather refreshing.

Axe&Hammer

Resident Evil 5 v. Assassins Creed

If RE5 follows in RE4s crappy footsteps then its Assassin's all the way,but Capcom makes a real RE game with ZOMBIES!! and the T-VIRUS and not a STUPID PLAGUE or LEON then it should be fun

AC looks like fun,but RE5 could trounce it

RE5>Assassin's Creed(if RE5 was Zombies)

Elite Member

This generation will be the most ferocious battle ever witnessed in the history of videogames. It will be so bloody that it will make look the Mario Bross versus Sonic battle like a school brawl.

It's been said that what will decide the generation winners are the exclusive games for each console, which usually tend to be pretty damn awesome. I've listed Big Arse games only in this list, perhaps some of them aren't exactly the best comparison but just give us your damn vote!

And the contenders are!!
    • Halo 3 vs Killzone 2
    • Gears of War vs Resistance
    • Metal Gear Solid 4 vs. Mass Effect
    • Heavenly Swords vs. Ninja Gaiden 2
    • Final Fantasy XIII vs. Fable 2
    • Gran Turismo vs. Forza Motorsport2
    • Dragon Quest 9 vs. Blue Dragon
    • Bioshock vs. Devil May Cry 4
    • Lost Planet vs. Lair

• Resident Evil 5 vs. Assassin's Creed

Pick your winner and if you want, justify the reasons.

Let the Battle Begin!! MUAHAHHAAHA! :2gun::2gun:

Oh and have fun
    Halo3, killzone wasnt that great, PS controllers suck for FPS
    Both look cool, but Ima go with gears because epic is behind it
    I was never a MGS fan, we still have no gameplay videos of it
    GT has nicer visuals, forza is funner and more realistic to play to me, again PS controller poor for racing games
    dont care
    devil may cry
    Lair is pretty but it doesnt look really fun, lost planet I have played and I know I will buy it

Assasins creed, never a fan of RE either

Forum Sage
    I really have to mention this, this is probably the least pro-anything (not for or against anything) topic that Aquanox has ever posted. It's such a miracle he deserves a cookie.

Elite Member
    This generation will be the most ferocious battle ever witnessed in the history of videogames. It will be so bloody that it will make look the Mario Bross versus Sonic battle like a school brawl.

It's been said that what will decide the generation winners are the exclusive games for each console, which usually tend to be pretty damn awesome. I've listed Big Arse games only in this list, perhaps some of them aren't exactly the best comparison but just give us your damn vote!

And the contenders are!!
    Halo 3 vs Killzone 2
    Gears of War vs Resistance
    Metal Gear Solid 4 vs. Mass Effect
    Heavenly Swords vs. Ninja Gaiden 2
    Final Fantasy XIII vs. Fable 2
    Gran Turismo vs. Forza Motorsport2
    Dragon Quest 9 vs. Blue Dragon
    Bioshock vs. Devil May Cry 4
    Lost Planet vs. Lair
    Halo 3 or Killzone 2? We haven't seen gameplay from either, just trailers. Halo 3 will easily sell 3 million copies on launch day, Bungie's fanbase being what it is. No decision.

Gears or Resistance? Not a great comparison. Gears is offering a whole new way to play, never seen it before. Resistance is a run-of-the-mill (turns on flameshield) with interesting-looking weapons. But PDZ had interesting weapons as well, so you never know. (Gets flameshield upgrade) Gears wins (cower)

MGS4 or Mass Effect? We've seen more of Mass Effect than of MGS, so I'm gonna have to give this one to Mass Effect until we get some MGS gameplay.

Heavenly Sword or Ninja Gaiden 2? Heavenly Sword just looks like Goddess of War (Not a bad thing either), and we haven't seen any Ninja Gaiden 2. Heavenly Sword gets this one.

FF13 or Fable 2. Completely different games- It's the battle of a JRPG versus a WRPG. No real winner.

GT5 (or GTHD) or Forza 2- Forza's going to the next level with the physics, and we haven't really seen anything for GTHD or GT5 except for a trailer. Forza gets this one by a smidgeon.

DQ9 or Blue Dragon? Dragon Quest 8 was a great game (one of the best for the PS2, a console rich in JRPGS) DQ9 may be coming to the Wii, but that won't make it suck. Blue Dragon brings back together the 'dream team' that brought us Chrono Trigger. Dead heat. Who wins? We do.

Bioshock or DMC4? Bioshock is eventually coming to the PS3 (if not the first day), and DMC4 is more of a fighting game. I would rather have a Too Human v DMC4 comparison, as they're more the same genre. But Too Human or DMC4? We've only seen (pretty laggy) gameplay from Too Human, and not much more than trailers and screenshots from DMC4. I still think DMC4 will pull it out, and have no idea for Too Human.

Lost Planet or Lair? Lost Planet has wowed me the hell out of this world, and Lair is looking to have great art direction for the PS3, and therefore great graphics. I like Lost Planet because that's what kind of game it is, I like that sort of game, (plus we've heard more about it), so Lost Planet gets it by a hair.

Well, that was my long-winded conclusion. Results are-
    PS3- Two
    360- Four
    No decision, waiting for more information- 3.

All decisions are bound to be changed without notice as more information comes in from TGS and X06 when that rolls around.

There's only one true winner here- US. THE GAMERS.
    Currently playing- PSYCHONAUTS! Great game. Thinking about upgrading to next-gen maybe in 2010, because I only got my Xbox at the end of last year.

Always keep your words soft and mellow, for tomorrow you may have to eat them.

Forum Sage
    New Contenders!
    • Kameo vs. Untold Legends
    • :gta:Motorstorm vs. Rallisport Challenge (Next-Gen)
    Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you

Elite Sage
    New Contenders!
    Hard one. I will be boring and say "neither". Both look very uninteresting.
    Motorstorm, big time. =)
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

Forum Elder
    New Contenders!
    When are you goin to post your choices?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Studios come and go, but good games last forever"

justintheman99
    Well I hated Kameo so I will say Untold Legends for now until I play it.

As for Motorstorm vs. Rallisport Challenge I will say Motorstorm.

Super Elite
    Halo 3 Vs. Killzone 2
    Halo 3, I liked Killzone but Halos were in a completely different legue from that game, Even if Killzone 2 manages to look as good as the video I will still be more interested in Halo 3...

Gears of War Vs. Resistance: Fall of Men
    Resistance, there are a lot of reasons, but persanolly, I just think t looks like a much better game.

Metal Gear Solid 4 Vs. Mass Effect
    MGS4, there is no competition there, especially for someone like me, who dislikes W-RPGs.

Heavenly Sword Vs. Ninja Gaiden 2
    Heavenly Sword looks friggen sweet and I never did like the NG games...

Final Fantasy XIII Vs. Fable 2
    FFXIII, heck I'm more excited about KH2 or FFXII than I am about Fable 2, damn W-RPGs.

Gran Turismo Vs. Forza Motorsport 2
    GT looks better, even though I don't really like racing games, the sheer ammount of cars that goes into GTs is amazing enough...

Dragon Quest 9 Vs. Blue Dragon
    Blue Dragon, there is just something about those Dragonball designs that I really dislike, but then again I've never actually played a DQ game.

Bioshock Vs. Devil May Cry 4
    DMC4. That was a toughie, but at the end of the day there is just not enough I know about Bioshock.

Lost Planet Vs. Lair
    Lost Planet for now. There isn't enough info about Lair, and the game might turn into a Drakengard clone...that's bad!

Kameo Vs. Untold Legends
    Untold Legends, I hated Kameo with passion, hence the decision.

Motorstorm vs. Rallisport Challenge (Next-Gen)
    Motorstorm of course. One of the nicest looking next-gen games, plus those awsome physics, what's the challange!?

Resident Evil 5 vs. Assassin's Creed
    RE5 I'm just not as interested in AC at all...

Master Sage

• Halo 3 Dint get the first killzone, also am a big fan of halo
    • Gears of War Gears for sure, it has a great storyline.
    • Metal Gear Solid 4 vs. Mass Effect neither!
    • Heavenly Swords vs. Ninja Gaiden 2 neither!
    • Final Fantasy XIII vs. Fable 2 neither!
    • Gran Turismo Looks realistic enough for me!
    • Dragon Quest 9 vs. Blue Dragon None!
    • Bioshock vs. Devil May Cry 4 hmm.... none!
    • LLost Planet vs. Lair Maybe lost planet
    • Kameo vs. Untold Legends neither
    • Motorstorm vs. Rallisport Challenge (Next-Gen) Motorstorm for sure!
    • Resident Evil 5 vs. Assassin's Creed Ill get both!

Master Guru
    Motorstorm vs. Rallisport Challenge (Next-Gen)-Motorstorm, I don't even know what the other game is.

Kameo Vs Untold Legends
    - I hated Kameo with a passion and will probably hate Untold Legends.

Resident Evil 5 vs. Assassin's Creed- RE5, no questions asked, easy choice for me.

WOW Minimal, do you even pay games?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Master Sage

Quote Originally Posted by The House View Post
    Motorstorm vs. Rallisport Challenge (Next-Gen)-Motorstorm, I don't even know what the other game is.

Kameo Vs Untold Legends
    - I hated Kameo with a passion and will probably hate Untold Legends.

Resident Evil 5 vs. Assassin's Creed- RE5, no questions asked, easy choice for me.

WOW Minimal, do you even pay games?
    Mostly shooters and the stealth type and maybe sometimes a racing game. I absolutely hate every kind of rpgs.

Thread Information