Apprentice
    Items Google Chrome

Change your CC info NOW to be 100% safe

I wasn't gonna change mine because of Sony saying that it was encrypted and whatnot, but I just got this email from my brother who lives in another state, and I'm definetely changing my card now. I promise I'm not making this up. I just wanted to give a heads up to anyone that has been skeptical. I'm just a gamer that's going insane with no KZ3 and MNR and want to possibly help other gamers/ps3 owners if possible.

sony.jpg

underthetable
    Yup! Probably a good idea for all of you with Credit Card accounts out there!

Mine's maxed out and I never used it on PSN, so I'm not worried about it! LOL

But I'm sure many of ya r like my friends/family n did use CCs on PSN, so go call now!

The rest of ya, make sure you tell Mom and Dad about this, you will possible save them alot of trouble!

Nite

Apprentice
    I'm not concerned about my credit card details, it's disposable.

However my identity isn't.

KarbineFTW
    Items PlayStation
    Another thread about this... really. ffs.
    Steam - [UK]Tom1525
    Nobody Ever Reps Back

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Can you imagine how many of these will be posted by the time this is over? 5 years from now, people will still be posting their CC info was used fraudulently and saying it "could be" related to the PSN hack years back.

CC info gets stolen. FACT. People have identities breached. FACT.

Really, the amount of time it's been since the PSN breach, there's not much that can be done with CC info now. It's already been nearly a week, and by now, most banks and CC companies are likely stopping anything that remotely looks suspicious. I'd hate to be on vacation and stop for gas in a town 300 miles away from home, likely they've put a location freeze on their accounts, if not that, then at the least a regional freeze. People would've still have fraud charges happening if the PSN never got hacked...it's not something new that we've never heard of before.

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

Thread Information