Latest PSU headlines:

andyxpwnz

HELP: PS3 hdmi cable causes static

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41_7L...el_video_title

Video i took on my phone of whats happening. When ever a game starts, i turn my ps3 off, or leave a game and go to the ps3 menu my screen has a flash of static on the screen. Does this happen to anyone else? i have a ps3 slim and i did exchange the hdmi cable i purchased for another one and that didnt help.

Quote Originally Posted by andyxpwnz View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41_7L...el_video_title

Video i took on my phone of whats happening. When ever a game starts, i turn my ps3 off, or leave a game and go to the ps3 menu my screen has a flash of static on the screen. Does this happen to anyone else? i have a ps3 slim and i did exchange the hdmi cable i purchased for another one and that didnt help.

One thing most people don't know about HDMI cables is that they are pretty sensitive.
    Make sure both ends are in nice and snug.If that doesn't work,disconnect both ends and
    blow some air into each end.Also try blowing some air into the input on the PS3 and your TV input.
    If that still doesn't work and you've tried a new cable,I'm afraid I don't have an answer.Hope this helps.

andyxpwnz
    thanks, all replies are appreciated. Ill try this out, if anyone else can help please do.

Forum Guru
    did you purchase a monoprice cable? You might have to blow out for hdmi ports like nintendo cartridges. I had to do that when my cable acted up. I recommend monoprice cables.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fake_PSN
    The Playstation Blog guys are jerks. I just asked them what they were doing for lunch and they replied "We have no updates concerning lunch"

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I get something similarbut when the PS switches video modes for a DVD or somethig, the whole screen goes snowy for 1 second max.
    I never quit a game that way it takes too long, I always hold the PS button ubtik thw black screen shows.

Superior Member
    Mines also does this, the only solution I have is get the 720p max componet hd cables, orlike I do just keep plugging it in as much as possible, but I sent my system to sony they said it's nothing wrong with it. smh.
    Ride or die Sony(Playstation) supporter since 12/25/1997 Currently playing: Mass Effect 3, NBA 2K14, Tomba,Battlefield 4,Warframe, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
    Holding down Turtle Power since 1991

Elite Member
    Mine does it once in a while when I start a game. I am using a 35ft hdmi cable though. You could try replacing it to see what happens. I would recommend a cable from monoprice or a cheap one from Amazon. Dont be suckered into the expensive one. It's all 1's and 0's.

Dedicated Member
    edit: that seems like a small hdmi handshake issue. the device (ps3) takes a little time to communicate the resolution to your tv. This only happens temporarily when you launch a game or exit a game right?
    Last edited by rene2kx; 05-04-2011 at 21:58.

andyxpwnz
    Yeah, exactly when ever I launch of exit a game it does it for like a second

Apprentice
    Quite a common thing apparently. It does seem like the handshake problem but on a minor scale. I'd recommend cleaning/replugging the cable.

Also I have read conclusive evidence that cheap and expensive HDMI cables perform the same.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    edit: that seems like a small hdmi handshake issue. the device (ps3) takes a little time to communicate the resolution to your tv. This only happens temporarily when you launch a game or exit a game right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammy41 View Post
    Quite a common thing apparently. It does seem like the handshake problem but on a minor scale. I'd recommend cleaning/replugging the cable.

Also I have read conclusive evidence that cheap and expensive HDMI cables perform the same.
    ^this^

Very common. It is more obvious on some tvs over others aswell.
    Some tvs show stactic,
    some flash a brief blue screen and on others it isn't noticeable because the screen just goes black then switches over.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

faulty cable

Dedicated Member
    On my current hdtv, the screen goes blank for a small little while when i insert a game/blu-ray/dvd and hit play. On the older samsung, iirc, there was a momentary small blue flashing screen upon launching a disc/exiting a disc. I don't think that can be considered a malfunction. A malfunction wud be if you were getting flashes wen the game/movie was playing.

Thread Information