Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 94
  1. #51
    Elite Member
    jonathanm1978's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Central Alabama
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,873
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    527 (11,942 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Just as I said, there's not a perfect crime or one that doesn't have suspects. There's no way that they don't have an idea of where to look for the ones responsible. It may not be immediate, but someone, somewhere will know enough about this that they start yearning the reward more than the illegal "hiding out", and they'll give up the goody on the ones who did it, or the ones who know detailed personal info. It doesnt take much pressure, and the norm for hackers when faced with prison time is to squeal..hackers are NOT hardened criminals who have nothing to lose...

  2. #52
    Dedicated Member
    Goobax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,370
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    1,845 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze7071 View Post

    Trust me if Sony or the FBI wanted to find these guys, they would find them simple as. You really think these people are smarter than the FBI?(Or whoever would be hired to track them down). They may not be amateurs, but they would obviously not be the smartest out there.
    So are you saying they don't want to find them? Because last i heard not 1 arrest has been made. IF it was as easy as you say to track, there would have been no second intrusions since the first ddos attack and everyone involved would be locked up right?

  3. #53
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    7 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAnonymousHuman View Post
    I agree with just about everything you said, including the PSN breach however, The WiFi's that are being cracked are already secured with state of the art security protocols 64, 128WEP and so on. As long as there are locks and codes, there will be those that will pick, crack and hack. So the Supreme Court doesn't need to impose common sense on everyone, it's kind of like tying your shoes before you go out. The secure wifi is what some are intruding upon so, what can the Supreme Court do? - I do thank you for the intelligent conversation, my first post was written after reading posts written by very in-informed folks...I was simply raising awareness, as there most definitely are several upset PSN users on "the list" of ip's that was released. And most with a little experience and free knowledge can prevent their real ip from showing up for better security. I must leave now, but again, thank you for a rational conversation which has been hard to come by lately. -Best Regards
    You pretty much lose all credibility when coming to set us straight on the info when you refer to WEP as state of the art. WEP hasn't been state of the art for probably close to 5 years and can be cracked in about 3-5 minutes....

  4. #54
    Elite Member
    jonathanm1978's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Central Alabama
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,873
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    527 (11,942 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobax View Post
    So are you saying they don't want to find them? Because last i heard not 1 arrest has been made. IF it was as easy as you say to track, there would have been no second intrusions since the first ddos attack and everyone involved would be locked up right?

    I'm sure they are building a case against them, and they don't want to arrest only one if they know there are more than one involved. usually things of this nature take some time to gather evidence and subpoena information.

  5. #55
    Crash APPA
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanm1978 View Post
    I'm sure they are building a case against them, and they don't want to arrest only one if they know there are more than one involved. usually things of this nature take some time to gather evidence and subpoena information.
    This is a good read here:

    http://josephevers.blogspot.com/

    Some of the main players have been revealed and have been arrested for various charges previously. People have been gathering information on some Anonymous for awhile now. The extent to which I have seen simple google, business license, and incarceration searches revealing information is amazing. I am sure the FBI know a lot more than these amateur sleuths have been blogging about.

    Crash

    http://www.facebook.com/posted.php?i...68013229901285

    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/...hackers-123076

    http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/n...er-factory.ars


    This site WAS working with lag issues but, now it has all but been shut down just like 2 of the irc sites:

    http://www.opanonymous.com/

    Civil war can be a b!t*h.

    Crash

    http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/n...us-attacks.ars

    http://rpgamex.com/news/brink-out-to...rk-still-dark/
    Last edited by Crash APPA; 05-11-2011 at 03:13. Reason: Adding more links as I find information that isn't already commonly known.

  6. #56
    Elite Member
    jonathanm1978's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Central Alabama
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,873
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    527 (11,942 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash APPA View Post
    This is a good read here:

    http://josephevers.blogspot.com/

    Some of the main players have been revealed and have been arrested for various charges previously. People have been gathering information on some Anonymous for awhile now. The extent to which I have seen simple google, business license, and incarceration searches revealing information is amazing. I am sure the FBI know a lot more than these amateur sleuths have been blogging about.

    Crash

    I'm doing a bit of digging on my own, as I'd like to find what I can.

  7. #57
    ERC1980
    Guest
    ahh yes

    get ready cyber terrorists, for your anuses are that much closer to being stretched out as wide as they possibly can be! (Bubba will do the honors)

  8. #58
    Superior Member
    TheTenth666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    44
    Posts
    616
    Rep Power
    55
    Points
    336 (0 Banked)
    Items YunaPlayStation
    these guys, call them hackers or pirates, most likely wouldn't have enough money to pay the fine they'd get sentenced with, so their only luck to not have to pay for all their lives is to give away as much other hackers as they can to reduce their sentence, which will work very well as of course these dumb*sses are not very courageous either

  9. #59
    edd
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    I hope some justice comes from this.

  10. #60
    edd
    Guest
    they r lyk a little girl with a new dolly

  11. #61
    Coolbas3
    Guest
    They really need a job...

  12. #62
    Forum Sage
    MedicDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    23
    Posts
    8,978
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    9,049 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by edd View Post
    they r lyk a little girl with a new dolly
    omg rly? no wai!!!11!!oneone!!eleven

    Anyway, wow, IP logs, how does that list show who's hacking? The ones who're hacking will obviously be spoofing their IP, but the ones who aren't might not either be;

    A) Smart enough.
    B) Just seeing whats going on.

    The IRC channel was public so yeah, members of the public will be viewing it, duh.
    But screw it, i'll join in, "THERES THE IP ADDYZ ARREST ANYONE ON THAT LIST, IMPRISON THEM WITHOUT TRIAL".

  13. #63
    Veteran
    Bligmerk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,389
    Rep Power
    96
    Points
    21,220 (0 Banked)
    There does seem to be confirmation they are splintering. Even some members a few weeks ago admitted several got frightened by the news that Homeland Security was being brought into the investigations. There did seem to be rumblings there were divisions forming within, about what they were trying to do and how they were going about it.

    It would be really dumb to expect the FBI to post weekly developments in their investigation, like "Press Release: We are observing an Anonymous suspect now in his mother's basement at Cedar Lane". The FBI is going to collect evidence for a long time before they start moving in. They have issued search warrants, they have suspects, there are some raids being made. If this splintering is happening, then the real breakthrough would be if some started snitching on other members, especially if they think they can get some kind of immunity or states evidence deal. Then the flood gates would open and there will be more news of arrests and prosecutions. It will take time though.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

  14. #64
    Veteran
    Seahawkk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,376
    Rep Power
    60
    Points
    476 (5,610 Banked)
    Items Google ChromeFacebook LogoIntel Core i7Microsoft LogoNvidia
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    There does seem to be confirmation they are splintering. Even some members a few weeks ago admitted several got frightened by the news that Homeland Security was being brought into the investigations. There did seem to be rumblings there were divisions forming within, about what they were trying to do and how they were going about it.

    It would be really dumb to expect the FBI to post weekly developments in their investigation, like "Press Release: We are observing an Anonymous suspect now in his mother's basement at Cedar Lane". The FBI is going to collect evidence for a long time before they start moving in. They have issued search warrants, they have suspects, there are some raids being made. If this splintering is happening, then the real breakthrough would be if some started snitching on other members, especially if they think they can get some kind of immunity or states evidence deal. Then the flood gates would open and there will be more news of arrests and prosecutions. It will take time though.
    do you really think members of anon know anything about the others?



  15. #65
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    738 (0 Banked)
    I see from several articles published the last few days that members of anonymous refer to "the leaders" when speaking of the group. There has to be someone who pull the strings and plan the attacks. With this IP list out and the internal conflict it is only a matter of time before FBI and Homeland will understand how they operate etc. Justice will be served and i will be there in the crowd, raising my pitchfork screaming "HANG HIM" when they are all shown to the public with a rope hanging over them.

    Cyber terrorists that is what they are. One thing for shure is that they have gotten a whole lot more enemies with their attack on PSN. Let us pray we hunt down every single one of them.

  16. #66
    Elite Member
    jonathanm1978's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Central Alabama
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,873
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    527 (11,942 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudfire View Post
    I see from several articles published the last few days that members of anonymous refer to "the leaders" when speaking of the group. There has to be someone who pull the strings and plan the attacks. With this IP list out and the internal conflict it is only a matter of time before FBI and Homeland will understand how they operate etc. Justice will be served and i will be there in the crowd, raising my pitchfork screaming "HANG HIM" when they are all shown to the public with a rope hanging over them.

    Cyber terrorists that is what they are. One thing for shure is that they have gotten a whole lot more enemies with their attack on PSN. Let us pray we hunt down every single one of them.

    The FBI is already aware of that IP list, and I'm sure it's being investigated, including the blogspot posting that is available.

  17. #67
    eagle2010
    Guest
    Apparently none of you ever heard of a proxy server and there are programs out there that can shield your ip address and any hacker or security specialist even on their own chats. So even posting their ip addresses won't help locate them. So posting old ip addresses won't help at all. I can make my computer look like it's in china or anywhere I want just by using a proxy server, which I use for computer security purposes cause I don't want some jackass tracking my Internet usage that is why I use it.


    Insult removed. -Ixion
    Last edited by Ixion; 05-11-2011 at 22:20.

  18. #68
    Elite Member
    jonathanm1978's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Central Alabama
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,873
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    527 (11,942 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle2010 View Post
    Apparently none of you ever heard of a proxy server and there are programs out there that can shield your ip address and any hacker or security specialist even on their own chats. So even posting their ip addresses won't help locate them. So posting old ip addresses won't help at all. I can make my computer look like it's in china or anywhere I want just by using a proxy server, which I use for computer security purposes cause I don't want some jackass tracking my Internet usage that is why I use it.

    You're calling people losers because you think proxies are safe? Proxies are so transparent that it only takes the proper person with the right credentials about 5 minutes to find the proxy and get the pertinent information needed to find the true IP. Keep on thinking that people who know better than to believe proxies are a save-all for surfing the internet, you should do just fine until DoHS knocks if you're doing something you shouldn't. Trust me, I've seen the methods needed to be "anonymous" online, and it AINT proxies.

    And demeaning people who know better and possess a better street smarts on the issue is quite unbecoming, hopefully you didn't join the site just to say this, because it's a feeble attempt at trying to get folks to believe you.
    Sure, some kiddies with scripts might think proxies will be their saving grace in the "anonops" and LOIC they are using, but it's not, and I know better, as do many others.

    You connect to a proxy server. SOMEONE has a log of your connection to them (mainly the proxy host). Think they can't be touched? You're wrong. Try telling that to people who are being sued by Dish Network for running IKS server farms with 15 to 20 sub cards listening online, and using proxies. They still got busted, and it didn't take much effort to find their TRUE IP.
    Last edited by Ixion; 05-11-2011 at 22:21.

  19. #69
    Member
    thelastjef's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    @my house
    Age
    34
    Posts
    103
    Rep Power
    25
    Points
    1,390 (0 Banked)
    if this is all true, good for sony sucks for anonymous, as for me just waiting patiently for some psn.
    Rock'n'Roll

    Respect Isn't a Gimme,
    It's an Earnie

  20. #70
    Forum Guru
    rbrtchng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    34
    Posts
    3,672
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    7,271 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanm1978 View Post
    I can list lawsuit after lawsuit from Dish Network --- via my PACER account -- where people thought they were hiding and nobody could find them, so they used something called IKS (internet key sharing). (basically, a dish network card creates what is called a control word when the receiver asks for auth to decode the picture, the card uses an intense algorithm to get the proper control word, once it's derived -- every 8 to 10 seconds a new control word is requested -- it's sent to the receiver, checked and picture is decoded and viewed by the satellite box.) IKS is a way of broadcasting the control words with an in-depth method of grabbing the control word before it's caught by the receiver, and it's sent over the internet to people who are connected to the IKS server..and they get all the channels.

    Dish has gone after people and won every case they've tried on the matter...and people claimed to "never be caught" etc..


    Fact of the matter is, I got a friend who's one of the BEST there is when it comes to net admin, and he personally told me that the ONLY way to be safe with that sort of thing is by using a hacked modem -- which is near impossible -- and editing the MAC address of the modem as well. But even if you do use a hacked modem, most ISPS can narrow down what node a hacked modem is on, so they have a general idea of where the person is. Cross referencing then is used to locate down to a block or so..and all of this is done without any personal info being "stolen" or accessed illegally. You'd be surprised how many people will tell you they will never be caught, but are among the worst when it comes to knowing what it takes to truly hide on the internet.
    If our FBI is that smart, we would've caught Osama years ago (hint: it's that fortress with the burning garbage across the street).
    Last edited by rbrtchng; 05-11-2011 at 22:49.

  21. #71
    Elite Member
    jonathanm1978's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Central Alabama
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,873
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    527 (11,942 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by rbrtchng View Post
    If our FBI is that smart, we would've caught Osama years ago (hint: it's that fortress with the burning garbage).
    There's a bit of difference in the FBI, and the CIA. FBI wasn't actively involved in the hunt for Bin Laden like the CIA was.

    And we're not talking about a mastermind terrorist leader who's over a group of jihadists. We're talking about script-kiddie hackers, most of whom are FAR from being hardened criminals, likely many have never held a gun, must-less fired one, and who are hiding behind the safety of a computer screen. Likely the ones responsible for the PSN breach are so fearful of even being arrested and put in a drunk tank, must-less doing hard time for a conviction of data theft that they would squeal on their own family if it came to it.

    All it takes is a bit of profiling of who likely is responsible for the PSN breach..it's not a government cover-up or international espionage. And until they get a court date, nobody will know they've even got a clue..then they'll bust in and take the folks they suspect of doing it.
    Last edited by jonathanm1978; 05-11-2011 at 22:53.

  22. #72
    Forum Guru
    rbrtchng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    34
    Posts
    3,672
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    7,271 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanm1978 View Post
    There's a bit of difference in the FBI, and the CIA. FBI wasn't actively involved in the hunt for Bin Laden like the CIA was.
    Then I'm even more disappointed in our efforts.

  23. #73
    Elite Member
    jonathanm1978's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Central Alabama
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,873
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    527 (11,942 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by rbrtchng View Post
    Then I'm even more disappointed in our efforts.
    As were most Americans, hence the reason they almost disbanded the CIA a few years after 9/11. The major shake-up at the CIA in replacing the heads was primarily because of the concerns involving the agency not being able to provide enough information to merit their purpose.

    And if you paid close attention during the Bin Laden killing, quite a few news/media outlets mentioned the government saying that the CIA wanted to make sure it was known they were a major player in finding him, and they needed the credit for pinpointing his location.

    And we're also looking at a Pakistani government that likely knew Bin Laden was there, and kept things hidden from the USA and intelligence. Obviously the CIA isn't made up of entire countries, as Pakistan is, and since they are masters at keeping hidden over the years, it's not any surprise that the CIA didn't know how to go about finding him. The Al-quaeda leaders are very much professionals at hiding...but that isn't the topic here.

    neither is the CIA the topic..but the info is freely available to find if you do some searching.

  24. #74
    Master Sage
    Bitbydeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,122
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    41,564 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    do you really think members of anon know anything about the others?
    If they don't know anything then i'm sure it'll only get worse for them when they start capturing and torturing them.

  25. #75
    Master Poster
    kidd0218's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,019
    Rep Power
    57
    Points
    1,479 (0 Banked)
    Items Solid SnakeKonami
    Good for them.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.