Latest PSU headlines:

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but...

Wouldn't Sony be able to lessen their losses if they brought PSN back up, but just disabled the store and closed off those servers containing the personal information? That way, people could play online, stop selling their ps3s, and stop complaining.

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by st00f View Post
    Wouldn't Sony be able to lessen their losses if they brought PSN back up, but just disabled the store and closed off those servers containing the personal information? That way, people could play online, stop selling their ps3s, and stop complaining.
    There surely is a reason. I'm sure it's not as easy as just putting it back online, hence the reason why they need more testing and why they said that they will do exactly as you suggest, since online play will come before the store and other services.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Good point.

Extreme Poster
    I'm positive that if it was possible to do that, they would've done it by now. It's hurting them more than it's hurting us.

Until they feel safe to launch it, it won't happen.

I'm a real boy!
    Eh, not necessarily. Sony doesn't gain revenue by allowing people to play online, they gain money from sales off the store as well as ads posted on the store.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
    Eh, not necessarily. Sony doesn't gain revenue by allowing people to play online, they gain money from sales off the store as well as ads posted on the store.
    True but they are potentially losing money because it's driving customers away, sales are getting hurt (royalties). It may not be direct but it's definitely hurting.

I'm a real boy!
    That's true, but the damage has been done already. I think if they bring services back now vs in a few days it won't cause more customers to buy more. At this point Sony is better off doing it right or not doing it at all.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
    That's true, but the damage has been done already. I think if they bring services back now vs in a few days it won't cause more customers to buy more. At this point Sony is better off doing it right or not doing it at all.
    At the same time, each day is making customers more and more weary, I think the stakes are higher each day, a new game comes out, it hurts...as days go by, we may not see it directly but the damage is getting worse.

Now, I never made an argument that putting up a service right now (regardless of its health), would be a good or bad thing...I'm saying, that if it was even remotely possible (meaning, as long as its safe but somewhat broken), they would launch it.

Their biggest concern is safety, I wouldn't be surprised if the service didn't work perfectly right away...as long as it's safe, I think they want to get it back online just so people stop being disgruntled.

So until it's completely safe to launch it, it won't happen, otherwise, I'm sure they're trying their best to get this done, being the point.

Thread Information