Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI

Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Will we see proper footage at E3?

I mean, this game is still scheduled for the end of the year right? (I keep forgetting that).

There has still been nothing shown for the game besides the initial teaser..will we be seeing proper gameplay and everything revealed at E3?

I also assume because of the fast turnaround that they are doing the English voice acting simultaneously.

I guess I keep forgetting about the game cause I expect it to be delayed...even though I really can't wait for it !!
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Apprentice
    It's pretty much guaranteed. I know this isn't really a reason, but they only have 2 Major Events before its release and that's E3 and Tokyo Game Show. Surely they'll be marketing it at E3/Conferences and giving a proper release date to it (I'm expecting close to simultaneous).

Also, is there any other RPG for PS3/X360 they have to show at E3?

Master Poster
    I'm hoping they do and it would be idiotic if they don't consider the time left. I'm fully expecting a delay though, it's become a standard in the industry now, lol.

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    I'm not sure myself. Maybe they save the major footage, details and gameplay for a Japan event or an event held by them. I could be wrong though.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I wanna see some awesome gameplay!!!
    Really pumped for this!
    Last edited by Itachi; 05-13-2011 at 02:36.
    I wonder when a nuclear warhead goes off, does the frame rate of real life drop?

Ultimate Veteran
    I truly loathe the fact they are working on this while delaying Versus 13.

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    ^This^ It's kinda sad it already about to have a sequel and Versus doesn't even have a date.
    Last edited by Silvy; 05-13-2011 at 03:21.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    Well Nomura has only had what, um, 5+ years to work with his team and finish that game?

+ I don't think XIII-2 was completely planned by SE. I think they saw the reaction XIII got and wanted to give the game another shot.

To answer the OP's question, I do think we'll see good footage of XIII-2 at E3.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by lefein View Post
    i truly loathe the fact they are working on this while delaying versus 13.
    this.

Dedicated Member
    Is there proof that VersusXIII is being delayed? I guess alot of the same team members worked on both projects? Now that I think about it I think thats true, but I don't think we really know for sure how much Versus is really being pushed back.

Again, the damn game has had Five Years to come out. But boy SE loves that long *** trailers that just show a bunch of pretty pictures.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    I mean, this game is still scheduled for the end of the year right? (I keep forgetting that).
    End of the year for Japan, early next year for the West.

But yeah, it will be interesting to see which FF games have a presence at E3. Type-0 is coming out in the summer, so that's guaranteed, but FFXIII-2 and Versus will be interesting.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Versus View Post
    Is there proof that VersusXIII is being delayed? I guess alot of the same team members worked on both projects? Now that I think about it I think thats true, but I don't think we really know for sure how much Versus is really being pushed back.

Again, the damn game has had Five Years to come out. But boy SE loves that long *** trailers that just show a bunch of pretty pictures.
    Ya SE's been too secretive of late, and somehow a bad thing, since they usually mess up from lack of fan base input.

A lot of SE's games could have been better if they had better community user critique or any critique for that matter.

What do we know about FF13-2 or even versus? Working with blind trust sucks at times, especially if some people aren't in the most trustworthy views.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post

But yeah, it will be interesting to see which FF games have a presence at E3. Type-0 is coming out in the summer, so that's guaranteed, but FFXIII-2 and Versus will be interesting.
    FF7 remake this year and Kingdom hearts 3. I believe!

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knight View Post
    Yeah, we also might hear something regarding that NGP FFVII remake, or that Final Fantasy HD Remastered set. Both were rumored.

Master Guru
    Yeah, we also might hear something regarding that NGP FFVII remake, or that Final Fantasy HD Remastered set. Both were rumored.
    Yeah, and plus the obvious ending heard CC. "To be continued in final fantasy 7" if it happens and it's to Sony they would steal the show with it.
    Side note i want a HD remake of x to.

Apprentice

I heard Type-0 is also trademarked in Europe?

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    I heard Type-0 is also trademarked in Europe?
    Trademarked? What do you mean by that?

Dedicated Member
    Man, people hope for this same damn thing every damn year. FFVII remake this and that. Sure I'd be great but it's probably not gonna happen before V and VI get their proper remakes. And unless you want SE to make another major announcement with a KH3 and have the fan base wait 3+ years for the hyped game, then you'd best hold off on that. Nomura is still trying to (somehow) finish FINAL FANTASY Duke Nukem Forever XIII. And you know what I'm talking about.

EDIT.

Then again, perhaps Nomura could show a KH3 teaser trailer at least, and maybe Duke Nukem Forever XIII could be in it's final stages of development and can be release next year?

@Ixion
    Didn't hear about that HD remix of FF games... Which ones are supposed to be in that? And FFVII on NGP does sound (somewhat) plausible. I mean that system needs some big title to give it some juice. The handheld market is increasily feeling the threat from casual moble gaming...
    Last edited by Versus; 05-13-2011 at 04:30.

Apprentice
    Trademarked? What do you mean by that?
    Dunno. Saw it on GAF while they were doing their usual bickering lol.

Master Guru
    Man, people hope for this same damn thing every damn year. FFVII remake this and that. Sure I'd be great but it's probably not gonna happen before V and VI get their proper remakes. And unless you want SE to make another major announcement with a KH3 and have the fan base wait 3+ years for the hyped game, then you'd best hold off on that. Nomura is still trying to (somehow) finish FINAL FANTASY Duke Nukem Forever XIII. And you know what I'm talking about.

EDIT.

Then again, perhaps Nomura could show a KH3 teaser trailer at least, and maybe Duke Nukem Forever XIII could be in it's final stages of development and can be release next year?

@Ixion
    Didn't hear about that HD remix of FF games... Which ones are supposed to be in that? And FFVII on NGP does sound (somewhat) plausible. I mean that system needs some big title to give it some juice. The handheld market is increasily feeling the threat from casual moble gaming...
    V and V1 will get on Psn but the only game worth remaking is FF7, FF8 and a makeover remake for FFX but after Crisis core's ending. Im pretty sure it's coming actually i'm 100% it's coming but i don't know when and you know everyone in the world didn't think Duke nukem or Grand turismo would ever launch but one did and the other is coming. On the subject of A NGP remake HiphopGamer said he had sources on it happening.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    @Ixion
    There was a rumor last year that stated there were Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy HD remasters in the works. That's all I know.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    the only thing i really want from SE is a FFX PSN download. i would be in heaven.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Veteran
    Be nice if we can see all those things, but with SE in a budget crunch, we can expect less not more. Though it may happen simply because of a "safer" bet on remakes.

Still, probably no time soon.

They need to push out their bigger projects to get the revenue and confidence back in. Though in all probability, it'll just be a few more CG footage and some portable announcements...ahh SE...you're predictable even when you're secretive.

Dedicated Member
    V and V1 will get on Psn but the only game worth remaking is FF7, FF8 and a makeover remake for FFX but after Crisis core's ending. Im pretty sure it's coming actually i'm 100% it's coming but i don't know when and you know everyone in the world didn't think Duke nukem or Grand turismo would ever launch but one did and the other is coming. On the subject of A NGP remake HiphopGamer said he had sources on it happening.
    You have all the wrong ideas, you sound like a gamer who just likes (or only played) the 3D FFs. First off, VIII is a sorry FF game with **** poor story and gameplay. X isn't new by any means but it's from last gen, SE WON'T feel that any of those games will need to redone in anyway.

How da hell are VII,VIII, and X the ONLY FFs worth remaking? I guess getting the actual FFIII (for the first time in the states) and a good FFIV remake on DS weren't worth it? All the FFs will be remade, I think SE would like to do them in order. V and VI are next in line and with new NGP and 3DS SE could put them on those new handhelds.

But with SE's current situation I wouldn't be TERRIBLY surprised at a VII remake announcement for PS3, but it's very unlikely. There are already many major FF projects going on right now with XIII-2, Versus XIII, and the FFXIV reboot.

If it'll be showcased at E3, I really hope the footage is at least somewhat convincing and looks good. I really didn't like the battle system nor did I enjoy playing through the linear *** story.

Thread Information