Killzone 3 or Socom 4 SharpShooter

i posed this question in the ps3 discussion, but then i realized this might be the right place for it.

im getting a sharpshooter. What game would be best to get with it, Socom 4 or Killzone 3?

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.
    Rock'n'Roll

Respect Isn't a Gimme,
    It's an Earnie

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I have KZ3 with Move and Sharpshooter and it is an amazing combo. Both games were made by awesome developers and have alot of polish. I havent bought SOCOM yet, but I will when the price drops abit. I think it's a very close call and your best bet would be to check the ign/gamespot reviews just to see gameplay and get a general idea, shouldn't really take their reviews as gospel, but you'll get an idea of any game breaking problems or issues. I think you will be very happy which ever you get.

It really depends. Socom 4 is a really good game, and KZ3 Seems like it's good. Socom 4 is really fun with the sharpshooter. It just really depends on if you like 3rd person or 1st person shooters. I think they're both probably about the same.

Currently Playing: Battlefield 3, Mass Effect 3, Ghost Recon Future Soldier Beta, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Wipeout 2048, Rayman Origins (Vita), Resident Evil 4 HD

I can't seem to get mine calibrated for KZ3 to make it work very well. I stopped using it. My Wii which I get rid of worked better.

Soldier 95B
    I gave Sharpshooter and Move a try on both, and went back to the DS3. Much more responsive and accurate.

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    yea I can't seem to get into the Sharpshooter on those 2 games idk maybe im doing somethin wrong but it just seems too fast even with the settings turned all the way down

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    yea I can't seem to get into the Sharpshooter on those 2 games idk maybe im doing somethin wrong but it just seems too fast even with the settings turned all the way down
    Make sure your the right distance from the PSeye. Think of it like a satellite dish, 1 inch on earth is like a mile in space.

SOTW...Get in there and Vote people

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregorious View Post
    Make sure your the right distance from the PSeye. Think of it like a satellite dish, 1 inch on earth is like a mile in space.
    what Dstance would you recommend I use the MOVE at a distance of 10ft ???

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I gave Sharpshooter and Move a try on both, and went back to the DS3. Much more responsive and accurate.
    I hate DS3 for FPS now. Once your hand eye co-ordination improves, playing with SS feels natural and responsive. It is definitely a matter of practice and getting the settings right.

Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    It could be that you have to reduce your dead zone, or your distance as the other guy said. It turns painfully slow when you have turn speed setting nulled.

Sharpshooter for me offers really good immersion, I simply love pulling a trigger to fire and when it becomes comfortable and an extension of your hands it is ace. I am stoked that Resistance 3 and Bioshock Infinite will get Move, ESPECIALLY the latter.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost_rhayne View Post
    I hate DS3 for FPS now. Once your hand eye co-ordination improves, playing with SS feels natural and responsive. It is definitely a matter of practice and getting the settings right.
    I was using it for awhile, and I got it down. It still falls behind the DS3 for accuracy and less lag though. At least in my experience. I ended up trading in Move at Gamestop for credit towards some games.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I was using it for awhile, and I got it down. It still falls behind the DS3 for accuracy and less lag though. At least in my experience. I ended up trading in Move at Gamestop for credit towards some games.
    Fair enough. Whatever feels the most natural is always best. While Move didnt feel natural at first, it does now. As long as its fun, the method is irrelevant.

Soldier 95B
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ghost_rhayne again.

Thread Information