Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Apprentice

Sony's "Welcome Back" package download only?

I have a 20g ps3 that I have had since 07' and I love the thing to death but I have absolutely no space to download any of these free games that Sony is giving away.

Will Sony give away vouchers to those who don't have newer ps3's that could be redeemed in a store to get the same 2 free games? Or is this download only?

I'm glad Sony is doing something about this whole mess but this is a real slap to the ball$

oh probably not....i'm in the same boat as you...

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Por2geezGuy View Post
    I have a 20g ps3 that I have had since 07' and I love the thing to death but I have absolutely no space to download any of these free games that Sony is giving away.

I'm glad Sony is doing something about this whole mess but this is a real slap to the ball$
    I would recommend buying a new hard drive. A 500gb hard drive is only $70 bucks, and this price is for a 7200 RPM Western Digital Black.

This one for $55 will do you fine. http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digita...6210339&sr=8-3

Its really easy to do. You can use a guide like this one if your not sure of what you're doing: http://www.gamefront.com/how-to-back...nd-save-games/
    PS4|PS3|PS2|PS1|PSVITA|XBOX 360|XBOX|N64|3DS XL|DSi|Gameboy Advance|Gameboy Color|PC

eagle2010

Will Sony give away vouchers to those who don't have newer ps3's that could be redeemed in a store to get the same 2 free games? Or is this download only?

Well Sony is probably not going to provide vouchers for those lacking HD space. I have a 500 gb Hd installed about to switch over to a 1 tb hd. The process really isn't that hard to do as stated before there are plenty of tutorials on how to change a HD. I have a 500 GB but only 33 gb left when it gets down to 10 gb then I will switch to the new drive. I strongly suggest picking up an external HD large enough to do a backup of your current HD also as that way you wont have to do everything all over again. Good luck

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle2010 View Post
    Well Sony is probably not going to provide vouchers for those lacking HD space. I have a 500 gb Hd installed about to switch over to a 1 tb hd. The process really isn't that hard to do as stated before there are plenty of tutorials on how to change a HD. I have a 500 GB but only 33 gb left when it gets down to 10 gb then I will switch to the new drive. I strongly suggest picking up an external HD large enough to do a backup of your current HD also as that way you wont have to do everything all over again. Good luck
    Having 1TB of HDD space would be great haha.

Dedicated Member
    Why don't you just claim the game and add it to the que to download and then stop it. That way you have it in your history that you "purchased" it and then just download later when you have the space?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobax View Post
    Why don't you just claim the game and add it to the que to download and then stop it. That way you have it in your history that you "purchased" it and then just download later when you have the space?
    Thats probably what i'll end up doing. I didn't know it was so easy to switch out the hard drive on PS3's. Is it easy to transfer all of the data?

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Thats probably what i'll end up doing. I didn't know it was so easy to switch out the hard drive on PS3's. Is it easy to transfer all of the data?
    Yup, there's a few guides online. All you do is backup your whole drive (doesn't include any games, just save games and most game data) to an external drive and then load it back to your PS3 into your new HDD.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorzilla View Post
    Yup, there's a few guides online. All you do is backup your whole drive (doesn't include any games, just save games and most game data) to an external drive and then load it back to your PS3 into your new HDD.
    Alright thanks i'll check out some guides it seems pretty simple. Would this hard drive work?
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Western+...&skuId=8679762

Veteran
    Alright thanks i'll check out some guides it seems pretty simple. Would this hard drive work?
    That should work just fine. I have pretty much the same one except it's a 250gb one that I bought a while back.

eagle2010
    Yes that would work but would be better if you just went ahead and got a 500 gb hd instead of just a 320 if you plan to
    download alot of games plus videos and music as most downloaded games are 1.5 to 2 gb in size and anywhere from 2 to 3 gb for hd movies believe me it fills up fast. But I would check newegg.com as they have the same harddrives for less than what you'll pay for at best buy. Check there first before over paying at the big chain stores.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle2010 View Post
    Yes that would work but would be better if you just went ahead and got a 500 gb hd instead of just a 320 if you plan to
    download alot of games plus videos and music as most downloaded games are 1.5 to 2 gb in size and anywhere from 2 to 3 gb for hd movies believe me it fills up fast. But I would check newegg.com as they have the same harddrives for less than what you'll pay for at best buy. Check there first before over paying at the big chain stores.
    Thanks for the advice but I actually work at Best Buy so I get a nice discount

Apprentice

Thanks for the advice but I actually work at Best Buy so I get a nice discount
    Yeah I agree, this generation of consoles having a bigger HDD is essential. But since you have a mere 20gb Ps3 model, you can get a usb stick to save everything over, at least that's what I did when I swap my drives. Since you work at best buy you should absolutely get a 500gb. I recently got my old Ps3 running again and currently have a 120gb in it but I really want to swap to something bigger before the store goes back up, my other Ps3 has a 500gb residing in it and couldn't be happier. Im sure you'll feel the same.

Apprentice
    if you dont have the space there is several thing's you can do to still get the stuff for free and download it at another date what you do is select the download and start downloading it then cancel the download when it starts downloading this will place the item in your download history where you can download it later so when you cancel the download at least it mark s the item in your downloads history or purchase a wd essentials external drive the smaller size 350 gig model take it apart and use the sata hard drive inside to upgrade your ps3 hard drive to 350 gigs for only 69.00 u.s

The reason Sony would never do the voucher thing is because they would lose a lot more money giving away boxed games than downloaded.

Although its awfully nice of sony letting us choose 2 games from a list of 5. If you notice. These games you can buy for about $10 at gamestop new!... Plus ive been seeing a lot of complains by people that already have all 5 games lol. Don't sweat it dude. Just look forward to the playstation plus which is the only thing thats good from the package.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by SSW View Post
    Although its awfully nice of sony letting us choose 2 games from a list of 5. If you notice. These games you can buy for about $10 at gamestop new!... Plus ive been seeing a lot of complains by people that already have all 5 games lol. Don't sweat it dude. Just look forward to the playstation plus which is the only thing thats good from the package.
    I wish. Little Big Planet is $24.99 - $29.99 here in Canada, and Dead nation is like $10-15 on PSN

Sig&Av by Kuro

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4
    DragonAge3DWitcher3Order1886Uncharted4Batman:AKDyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

KarbineFTW
    Items PlayStation
    It is a bad choice of games. Theres only 2 real games in the choices, infamous and Lbp. wipeout most people already have, lbp everyone got free with PS+, dead nation is a mini game, ratchet is a 4 hour campaign. oh and infamous is like 5 in a stores. Sony really are pulling a fast one, shafting us with old/cheep games. The only game I even want is infamous.
    Steam - [UK]Tom1525
    Nobody Ever Reps Back

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    stop complaining. honestly. did money get taken from your accounts?

there you go then.

yes data theft is a big deal, but change your info then. one call to your bank and your finances are in order.

****, people are lucky to get any games.

Apprentice
    You do notice you have your facts wrong it's 2 ps3 game downloads + 2 psp game downloads + the playstation home package all together they have stated this from the beginning

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    If they are so cheap go buy them for a fiver then.

frankda1962
    When I had an older system I had a larger HD put into at Best Buy. I knew it was easy to do but they took & transferred all the stuff that was on the old drive over and made sure it worked before I got home. I rather at times pay that little extra to make sure things work so I don't void warranties (if it is still under it) and if something goes wrong you have someone else to blame.

it will stay in your download list forever...

KarbineFTW
    Items PlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    If they are so cheap go buy them for a fiver then.
    Why, that logic does not make sense. Why, when I get them for free tomorrow (or whenever)
    Steam - [UK]Tom1525
    Nobody Ever Reps Back

Dedicated Member

Actually, some things are locked and you won't be able to save them to a data stick or an external HDD. Like Rock band songs and some save data. As far as the stuff on your drive, you could delete it and just re download it later. That's what I used to do with my 20Gig system. But I upgraded the HD to a 60Gig HDD. Even if you were to blank everything on the drive, the only real pain in the butt would be the time it takes having to re-download it again. Having a larger HDD just makes it easier to not have to pay so much attention to and manage the space your using.
    But the only sure fire way for me to transfer everything over to my new machine was through the Data transfer utility.

Thread Information