Master Sage

'Uncharted 3' Week - IGN

Quote Originally Posted by IGN
    The biggest video game show of the year is just around the corner and while IGN's E3 coverage is up to the minute and in full swing, waiting another week for news on the biggest games doesn't sound like much fun. Luckily for us, Sony and developer Naughty Dog agree. This week, we're bringing you brand new Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception news, videos and features. Each and every day, there's going to be something Nathan Drake-related on IGN.

It all kicks off tomorrow with news and videos about what you're going to get to play in the very near future. From there, it only gets better. Go ahead and bookmark this page as we'll update this story with each and every Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception piece we post in the coming week.
    Source

I'll try and keep this OP updated throughout the week as best I can. There's a multiplayer interview at the link to start with.

Day 1:
    Here are the two videos for those who don't like IGN's video player:

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Airfield Multiplayer Map
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Chateau Multiplayer Map
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - BETA Blowout
    Last edited by Jaeger; 05-30-2011 at 19:14.

Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.

Forum Overseer
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    plus reeeeep!

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    There is also a look at the Beta HERE
    Click HERE for my Videos

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Scryer View Post
    There is also a look at the Beta HERE
    Cheers, man, added the link to the OP.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    IOUaBeatn
    Items Naughty DogDead NationGears of War 3
    June 28th, huh? I guess I'll give it a go since it'll be free, but it's going to take a lot to wow me. I was severely underwhelmed by the competitive multiplayer in U2, and from what I've seen with this, it's actually gotten worse.

Just like the edge the losing team gets when they're losing by a lot. They can see you through walls? They can do twice as much damage as you can? WHAT?! Why would anyone think that's a good idea to put into an ONLINE game is completely and utterly beyond me. It's nice to see that they added some character customization, though...that will be cool.

If the health is how it was before the patch, I'll give it a better shot. If it's like 3 or 4 hits for a kill like after the patch, I'll immediately turn it off. You can't have a game that involves climbing and rolling around with such low health.

look like nice little maps.

Apprentice

Well look forward to hearing more about UC3 I am a huge Uncharted fan

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Just like the edge the losing team gets when they're losing by a lot. They can see you through walls? They can do twice as much damage as you can? WHAT?! Why would anyone think that's a good idea to put into an ONLINE game is completely and utterly beyond me. It's nice to see that they added some character customization, though...that will be cool.
    I imagine they added the ability to see through walls and deal double-damage as a chance for the losing team to try and catch up. It's no different to the perks and kill chain rewards in any of the Call of Duty games. If you're a good player, you won't need to worry about the losing team having the advantage, anyway. If you do get caught short - well, it's time to practice.

And, yeah, the character customisation is a nice addition to the multiplayer. Will add a bit of personality to each players avatar, rather than have all of Team #1 run around as Generic Soldier One.

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    The Power Plays sound amazing btw. Adds a whole new aspect to mutiplayer games and I love it.
    Click HERE for my Videos

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    In its current state the MP in Killzone looks better.

Otherwise some of these changes sound promising, can't wait for the beta.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    IOUaBeatn
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Scryer View Post
    The Power Plays sound amazing btw. Adds a whole new aspect to mutiplayer games and I love it.
    It's a whole new aspect because no other developer thought it would be a good idea to give a losing team(usually the worse team) a chance to come back and beat the better team. I definitely do not think it's a good idea. Some of the power plays are ridiculous, like the double damage and being able to see your opponent's location.

Those two in particular have the potential to completely chance the aspect of the game. It's much like the nuke in MW2. Often times the better team would lose because you'd have one guy on the losing team just camping out for kills and be able to win the game despite the team score.

I'll make my final judgement when I see it in action, but I don't like the sound of it one bit.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    It's a whole new aspect because no other developer thought it would be a good idea to give a losing team(usually the worse team) a chance to come back and beat the better team. I definitely do not think it's a good idea. Some of the power plays are ridiculous, like the double damage and being able to see your opponent's location.

Those two in particular have the potential to completely chance the aspect of the game. It's much like the nuke in MW2. Often times the better team would lose because you'd have one guy on the losing team just camping out for kills and be able to win the game despite the team score.

I'll make my final judgement when I see it in action, but I don't like the sound of it one bit.
    It's to give the losing team a chance to fight back - or would you rather it just end suddenly than have any sort of competition?

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    It's to give the losing team a chance to fight back - or would you rather it just end suddenly than have any sort of competition?
    And i beat you it only happens when its a huge lead im talking 45-10.

Thank you itachi

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    And i beat you it only happens when its a huge lead im talking 45-10.
    Exactly. I highly doubt Naughty Dog are going to risk ruining multiplayer when it proved so popular in Uncharted 2. I have every ounce of faith in these guys.

I was playing on Uncharted 2 the other day. Great game. I love the Uncharted series. Greatest game to hit PS3 in my opinion. Cannot wait for number 3. Have platinumed both Uncharted's too, so expecting to get the Platinum trophy in Uncharted 3!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    IOUaBeatn
    I'd rather it end without any competition. If the other team is worse than your team, why should they have the chance to beat you because they have distinct advantages of you?

There is literally no way I can say that to myself while thinking it's a good idea. It's literally the equivalent as an NBA team winning by 20 points, hence enforcing the blow out rules, in which case their baskets would still be worth 2 points but the losing team's baskets would be worth 8 points. It's just...wow.

Arthur Spooner
    Great. Now I'll have to walk around all week with a $#@!.

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Some Beta tips HERE

Best part? Hold down on the Dpad to High Five!!! Awesome!!
    Click HERE for my Videos

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    I'll have to check this stuff out. I'm more into the singleplayer but that'll come in due time. I'm sure once i check out all this stuff I'll have my MP excitement back.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Spooner View Post
    Great. Now I'll have to walk around all week with a $#@!.
    lol

EDIT: The Power Plays sound like a potentially great balancing tool. However, the Cursed one with friendly fire on could bring out the... uhh... fun-ruiners.
    Last edited by RedDragon7; 05-31-2011 at 21:06.

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    You Ain't seen nothing yet

SOURCE
    Click HERE for my Videos

Forum Sage
    ..notice how he's ignoring the part where the winning team gets double the points when a power play is in effect and they kill anyone from the losing team?

If you're good then you're not gonna need to worry about the losing team having the advantage because you'll be making even more points off of killing them.

So if you are complaining about it and asking ND to change aspects of their multi-player just play another game or get better.

If none of what I said applies then Uncharted 3 multi-player is simply not for you. It's not gonna please everyone.
    Last edited by sainraja; 06-02-2011 at 02:47.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    IOUaBeatn
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    ..notice how he's ignoring the part where the winning team gets double the points when a power play is in effect and they kill anyone from the losing team?

If you're good then you're not gonna need to worry about the losing team having the advantage because you'll be making even more points off of killing them.

So if you are complaining about it and asking ND to change aspects of their multi-player just play another game or get better.
    That makes zero sense. I'm not good because I'd be getting killed by someone who's gun does twice as much damage as mine? I'm not good because I'd be going against someone who knows my exact location while I don't know theirs? Yep, you're right, that does make sense.

Thread Information