Forum Guru

Does Outland have DRM?

Need to know before I buy once the store is back up. If it does, I'm not going to purchase it. God forbid another outage, and I'm unable to play just because the network is down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fake_PSN
    The Playstation Blog guys are jerks. I just asked them what they were doing for lunch and they replied "We have no updates concerning lunch"

Elite Sage

Do any PS3 games have DRM? thats news to me that they do

BBK Is Tapatalking

Forum Guru
    I don't think Outland requires the network to play.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Do any PS3 games have DRM? thats news to me that they do

BBK Is Tapatalking
    Capcom Games do, So far only 2 Bionic Commando(whatever its called) and some other game was unable to play during the outage., and Red Dead Redemption DLC has DRM.
    The Playstation Blog guys are jerks. I just asked them what they were doing for lunch and they replied "We have no updates concerning lunch"

Elite Sage

Really? I never knew that. You learn something new every day! Is this quite a recent thing then?

BBK Is Tapatalking

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Really? I never knew that. You learn something new every day! Is this quite a recent thing then?

BBK Is Tapatalking
    http://kotaku.com/5751122/why-would-...ine-connection

I don't know. I was surprised when a member here said they coulnt play their offline dlc in RDR because the psn store was offline and could not verify he purchased the dlc. And yeah, the whole capcom ordeal, the fact they are still adding draconian drm to their street fighter arcade is sickening. I do not support drm and I will vote with my wallet, so thats why I needed to know.

I was hoping someone here bought it on xbox live marketplace and could tell me or test it for me by disconnecting the internet and see what happens??
    Last edited by floetry; 06-02-2011 at 14:59.

Super Elite
    Wow, the Bane of PC gaming has come to consoles? oh dear unaffected personally but I'll be sure to keep an eye out for this ****
    if I am in the PS3 or 360 section I will NOT post about the competitor just to please people, if you want to know what I think about the competitor link me to a thread in the appropriate section

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Gran Turismo Prolog was one such game if you bought it via the PS Store if on disc you were fine.

Elite Guru
    Interestingly, we abhor DRM yet we've seen game-sharing do the rounds since 2006/7. Honestly, is anyone surprised that it's now getting a foothold on DLC and PSN games?

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    Interestingly, we abhor DRM yet we've seen game-sharing do the rounds since 2006/7. Honestly, is anyone surprised that it's now getting a foothold on DLC and PSN games?
    Well, gamesharing isn't as prevalent as piracy. Alot of people have asked me to gameshare, but the main two reasons I don't, I can't personally deactivated it, and i don't like someone I don't know having my password.

Ubisoft is known for their drm with the pc. which worries me about purchasing this game.

I'm really surprised no one here has an 360 and bought outland lol.

Forum Guru
    Lol..No one has outland for 360?

Thread Information