Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dust 514

Master Poster
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Google ChromeDiceGoogle ChromeBattlefield 3Christian Bale
    Not sure if I want PCfags to be commanding me.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    Not sure if I want PCfags to be commanding me.
    in big alliances mercenaries will have their own commander, in ideal situation he play eve and dust and must be one of the leader of it.
    only merc corporation in different situation, but its just a speculation, how it can be
    they already announced 6 month beta, i want it so badly!!!!

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    It's suprising tbh that a thinking mans game such as Eve is going to encourage the ADHD console COD herp derp crowd to it's ranks. Yeah I know I've generalised there but it's two totally different markets.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxia View Post
    It's suprising tbh that a thinking mans game such as Eve is going to encourage the ADHD console COD herp derp crowd to it's ranks. Yeah I know I've generalised there but it's two totally different markets.
    eve community is one of the strongest one. and im sure that there will be more than enough Dust players. main problem is after launch support. if they make it not how zipper did it with mag, duts will have bright future

Arkangell277
    Like I said I can't wait for this game.
    I'm hoping there will be some sort of progression. I can't imagine playing an MMO without leveling up

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkangell277 View Post
    Like I said I can't wait for this game.
    I'm hoping there will be some sort of progression. I can't imagine playing an MMO without leveling up
    progression like in Eve online
    all skills learn in realtime and thy progression not depend from in game you or not

Superior Member
    That's neat. I remember in EVE when I was going away for a week or 2 or just wanted to not play the game for a while. Perfect time to train one of those high level skills. That always made it more fun to come back to the game and try out some new stuff that required the skill .

Dedicated Member
    i need to see some more game play footage, but what was shown at E3 looked pretty interesting

Arkangell277
    I just can't wait for the beta

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by rbrtchng View Post
    If there's no subscription fee, color me interested. Otherwise, I'm out.
    +1

Dedicated Member
    Truth be told, there are A LOT of EVE players who are going to play Dust, and a vast majority of them will play both at the same time (me included). I would definitely like to see some details on the level of interaction between Dust and Eve players and whether you will be able to voicechat with a player playing EVE while fighting as a Dust player (as it shows in the cg trailer).
    I'm so hyped about this game, one of my top 3 highlights of E3 this year.

Oh and the subscription fee whiners will be happy to know that it has no subscription fee so I guess you will get to order that Pizza friday night after all

Apprentice

I do very much like the look of Dust and have been reading some bits on dust514.com, well worth a look.
    I will be buying this on day one.
    play the game!

Could it be...I am sleeping?
    Items Final Fantasy TacticsFinal Fantasy XIIFinal Fantasy XIV OnlineFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IV
    I played EVE and actually loved it. The atmosphere, the ambient music, the amazing visuals of infinite space, they were all beautiful and gave the game a unique theme that captivates sci-fi fans. The thing that bugged me were the leveling system and the gameplay. They were somewhat dull and their excitement quickly wears off. At one point in the game, I just log-in to train another skill and then I log-out. But again, those three amazing aspects I mentioned were truly what the game is all about.

The idea of one cannot explore every place in EVE(No matter how long one is been playing) because of its vast and endless world is just spectacular and somehow, mesmerizing.

I don't know if I like DUST but I think I'd rather play EVE again when this comes out and see the changes EVE has come about.
    Who I Am
    _________

Currently Playing: Harvest Moon (3DS)
    Recently Completed: Parasite Eve
    I & II, Wild ARMs, Mario 3D Land, ICO & SoTC HD, Zelda: OoT 3D, VVVVVV, Gravity Rush

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltimas View Post
    I played EVE and actually loved it. The atmosphere, the ambient music, the amazing visuals of infinite space, they were all beautiful and gave the game a unique theme that captivates sci-fi fans. The thing that bugged me were the leveling system and the gameplay.
    I don't know if I like DUST but I think I'd rather play EVE again when this comes out and see the changes EVE has come about.
    leveling system is crazy, there is dozens of questions in noob-chat like where they can buy book to train skill to other lvl and not every one likes that they not have full control over their ship
    some things ccp did right some wrong, but eve is unique experience for now
    if they fix lag in big battles this game will live for LOONG time

Apprentice
    Looks more and more interesting the more I read about it.

Superior Member

I think this game will be vaporware.

We are six years into this gen, and devs have been preaching this exact same thing since 2004 and it has never happened.

PC players controlling the war via a RTS on their PC while console gamers play as a first-person shooter down in the war.

It's never happened. I don't believe it will happen anytime soon either. (I admit it would be sweet)

And next summer? I just don't believe it!
    Last edited by Frog; 06-28-2011 at 20:14.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    I think this game will be vaporware.
    We are six years into this gen, and devs have been preaching this exact same thing since 2004 and it has never happened.
    PC players controlling the war via a RTS on their PC while console gamers play as a first-person shooter down in the war.
    It's never happened. I don't believe it will happen anytime soon either. (I admit it would be sweet)
    And next summer? I just don't believe it!
    1. since when eve online become an rts?
    2. pc industry make same things over and over again since first Homeworld and no one complains

Forum Sage

Considering I've been playing EVE Online, this should be pretty cool... and I'm not generally an online gamer either. CCP has done an excellent job with the upkeep of EVE Online so I have high expectations of same for Dust 514.

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    EVE might turn to **** if the things the Devs were talking about in that leaked document are true. Hope something good comes out of their extraordinary meeting.

Forum Sage

Maybe, but, we should give CCP the benefit of the doubt.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    finally some new info

TOOLS OF THE TRADE
    What is the greatest resource in a universe of 5,431 systems and in excess of 65,000 planets? It’s people. The players that populate New Eden are far and away the single most important resource it contains. They are as durable as Morphite, as beautiful as Zydrine, and as volatile as Isogen-5. Without them, New Eden would be a poorer place. Which is why socialization is so important to us as both developers and players. We want players to be able to communicate in-battle and out; to be able to easily find and play with friends; to have the tools to meet and make new friends (and enemies) while they’re sitting in front of their PS3 and even when they’re not. Games are fun, but life is meaningful. And you can’t live without interacting with other people.
    Of course, the fact that we’re trying to get two completely different demographics across two completely different platforms to not only communicate, but to compete, cooperate and, ultimately, generate conflict makes all of this that much harder. But we have faith that with the right tools, the players themselves will figure it all out. Here’s a brief introduction to some of the features and tools you’ll have at your disposal.

EVE GATE
    Starting out, EVE Gate will be the communal hub for EVE pilots and DUST soldiers. This is where players from both games can manage their contacts, check in-game mail (when not actually in-game), post on forums, check their calendar for upcoming events or post new events of their own to the calendar. We’ll be adding functionality to EVE Gate over time. Some of it will be DUST-specific, like battle heatmaps, but most of it will be shared across EVE Online and DUST 514. EVE Gate is, after all, for all of the EVE setting.

CORPORATIONS
    In EVE, the cornerstone of all serious space operations is the corporation. It allows players to manage funds, organize long-term activities and have a persistent venue to communicate with your fellow members. We are working hard on making EVE corporations completely seamless between EVE and DUST 514. This means that from the point of view of all corporation functionality, it shouldn’t matter whether a corporation member is a DUST player or an EVE player. There are of course certain functions that only make sense for EVE players and others that only make sense for DUST players, but for everything else there should be no difference. The idea is that a corporation staffed with members from both EVE and DUST 514 should be able to access all available functions. Common functionality includes creating corporations, managing membership, managing finances, and joining alliances. For some of these functionalities, we will be providing a native UI on the console client, while others that are deemed to be less immediately critical will be available on EVE Gate to start with. Currently, the biggest limitation will be inventories, as EVE items don’t really have any functions on the DUST client and reciprocally, but this is something that might change in the future when we will observe even more convergence between EVE and DUST.

VOICE / TEXT CHAT
    Using voice chat, DUST and EVE players will be able to communicate with one another in realtime.
    Text chat is of course supported too. The PS3 supports standard USB and Bluetooth keyboards right out of the box and so we don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect that players will grab their PC’s keyboard for use in DUST 514. Believe me, it’s far easier than trying to use a software keyboard to keep up in a chat channel. The keyboard will be usable for chatting only. There will be no in-battle mouse + keyboard support.
    Socialization is more than just tools. It’s about bringing people together. The nature of any FPS means the mechanics of socialization are a little different than your typical MMO. In an FPS, squads are the atomic building blocks of socialization. You jump into a quick battle, are randomly assigned to a squad, you fight with a bunch of strangers and maybe, somewhere amidst the mayhem and the carnage you decide, “Hey, that guy shotgunning people in the back, I like the cut of his jib!” Voice chat makes it easy enough to speak to him, but the ability to stick with him at the end of a battle and then jump together into subsequent battles is vital. Because at the end of the day, that’s how long-lasting relationships are formed. Of course, if you already have a group of friends (lucky you!) you can easily invite them into a battle or stick with them as you move between battles. After all, the family that slays together, stays together.

THE WAR ROOMThe life of a mercenary is about fighting, but taking over a planet is no small task, so players will find themselves spending a lot of time in the War Room – a 3D lobby where players can go over their vehicle and character fittings; stock up on items from the corp inventory or the marketplace; chat with fellow corp members or once-off hires; scrutinize potential strategies and just generally get ready for the battles to come. Each War Room supports a maximum of 32 players at once. Players navigate the social spaces in DUST (of which the War Room is the first) in third-person.

The merging of EVE and DUST provides opportunities for socialization far beyond what most MMOs are able to offer simply by virtue of the fact that New Eden will soon be populated by players with vastly different roles, but similar agendas. And, we believe, the universe will be better for it. Because, for better or worse, every minute spent in the EVE setting should mean something.
    original here: http://www.dust514.com/en/news/artic...s-of-the-trade

that trailer reminds me alot from HAZE! anyone? im not saying im not liking it cause its to soon to say.
    lost my password for Nexgen3 - this my new username now.

El Presidente
    This game has me interested. I like the idea of little ol me being able to mess with things and changes things. At one point I briefly thought about trying EVE but Dust looks more my speed.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Forum Guru
    Can't wait to let some random guy commanding me and other squads to crush other random guys. It just sounds really interesting.

Arkangell277
    The more I read info about DUST the more excited I get

Thread Information