Latest PSU headlines:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 6

Thread: Dust 514

Apprentice

Interesting! I just hope I get a code so I can have ago.
    play the game!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    This game deserves to be a $#@!in raging success. It's free so I can't see why it won't be. I'm gonna be balls deep in this $#@!.
    I think we should go balls deep as a community. It'd be sick to organize ourselves, get some subforums going, and really make a push into this thing. I actually talked to a few people at the Eve member gathering that have solid sized corporations that would be very interested in getting some solidly organized mercs they can hire.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bishop View Post
    I think we should go balls deep as a community. It'd be sick to organize ourselves, get some subforums going, and really make a push into this thing. I actually talked to a few people at the Eve member gathering that have solid sized corporations that would be very interested in getting some solidly organized mercs they can hire.
    I'm really keen. I'm generally a single player gamer, I have stepped into BF3, wanted to get into Starhawk but I think Dust offers the MP experience that I'm after, high customisation and interaction outside of the games scope (EVE). So yeah, count me in! I'm with you in pushing for a strong Dust PSU community.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Other_
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bishop View Post
    He's not kidding. We got in deep with some of the most hardcore corporations and players in EVE. The PlayStation Universe (the EVE corporation) is already in development and might just be the a key faction in Dust if we play our cards right as a community here.

I know Dust 514 looks daunting, but trust me, after I got time to dive in at E3 2012, I was hooked. Not as hooked as Mr. Bishop, mind you, but still. The game is just bananas.

Ignoring all the balls-to-the-wall compatibility with EVE that the game has, this is what you'll instantly fall in love with:

- Constant sense of progression
    - Character / weapon customization
    - Randomly generated maps
    - Action-packed game sessions. And I mean action-packed. Think Unreal Tournament-style craziness.

Plus, you'll most probably be playing with other PlayStation users eager to learn and grow in the community. Not random 12-year-olds that got bored of Call of Duty.

Follow me on Twitter @DonOther

5. Likes PSgamer28, Ghost likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Looking forward to reporting into the PlayStation Universe merc corps.

Soldier 95B
    Reporting for duty Doug. My balls are indeed deep into this game when we get it.

Forum Guru
    Items User name style
    How is Dust related to EVE gameplay wise. (Also what is EVE)
    Vengeful is amazing<3

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Eve is MMO based in space its only on PC.

http://www.eveonline.com/

Here are some of the ships
    http://www.eveonlineguide.org/wp-con...Ship-Chart.jpg
    http://images.wikia.com/egamia/image.../Eve_chart.jpg

Eve there are very few rules you can become a miner a pirate or a mercenary that goes after pirates policing the space.
    Just as there is in real life there are schemers, fiends and conmen so be careful who you trust.

One organisation is attempting to brign the whole Eve economy to its knees and CCP the cetors are allowign it to happen to see what will come of it.

An enormous bloc of Eve Online players, led by recently-unbanned player Alexander "The Mittani" Gianturco, have a plan to destroy the entire in-game economy... and the developers are okay with that.

What exactly do Gianturco and his followers have planned? It's called the Burn Jita action, and it's an all-out assault on the center of Eve's economy, the Jita trade hub. The action is set to begin tomorrow, and there are reportedly already more than 14,000 ships prepared to go to war.

"I tell you what, it's going to be f***ing brilliant," Jon Lander, senior producer of Eve Online, told Eurogamer this morning. "Absolutely brilliant."

Events like these underline the player-based philosophy of Eve, which remains a departure from other MMOs. Much of the content of Eve is driven by what the players get up to, rather than by scripted events and quest lines, which results in a dynamic world that makes players feel truly involved in its goings-on.

"They're going to do exactly what you're able to do in the game, and people will have to roll with it," said Lander. "It'll be great."
    http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/eve-online/1223912p1.html

I’m not an EVE player. I know it sucks in some people like a massively multiplayer black hole, but the actual act of playing it has never exerted much of a gravitational pull on my attention. I’m probably dumb. Regardless, though, I can’t help but admire the sheer insanity this place constantly generates. Years-in-the-making corporate conspiracies, thousands-strong space battles, the very existence of Dust 514 – it is, at times, nearly unbelievable. Case in point: the ever-mischievous Goonswarm is up to its old tricks again. And by “tricks,” I mean bringing an entire economy to its knees. The best part? CCP’s totally loving it.

So, the short version: temporarily banned former Council of Stellar Management boss Alexander “The Mittani” Gianturco is leading a 15,000-strong assault on EVE’s biggest trade hub, Jita. Thousands of players will suicide-attack industrial ships in the “safe” core systems, ruining trading and blockading the main trade hub area. It’s the final, ear-piercing key stroke in a perfectly orchestrated plan involving all sorts of alloy price manipulation before and after the launch of EVE’s recent Inferno expansion. Basically, though, players have stockpiled alloy and will now space-skyrocket space-sale prices in space by, you know, literally murdering trade. And, amazingly (in a good way), CCP’s not planning to lift a finger in opposition. Senior producer Jon Lander explained to Eurogamer:

“I tell you what, it’s going to be $#@!ing brilliant. They’re going to do exactly what you’re able to do in the game, and people will have to roll with it. It’ll be great. We want people to be able to do this. If Goonswarm want to do it, we want them to do it and we want them to have a great time doing it… Last night I got an email – Jita was at 2100. Time dilation kicked in at 15 percent. And there were people just watching the $#@! that was going down. It was brilliant. It was absolutely great.”

Meanwhile, lead game designer Kristoffer Touborg’s simply fascinated by the potential outcomes of this absurdly large-scale invasion. At the moment, he sees it as a chance to wipe the slate clean and force players to pull themselves up by their bootstraps again.

“The people they’re going to hurt now are people who have quite a lot of security. There’s not a lot of turnaround on ships and goods in Empire. I think it might be healthy if we lose a lot of this industrial power, if they have to go back and save up for their ships again and be a part of the cycle of life everyone else is a part of. I don’t like complete security, and I do like when a large group of players who live in complete security have that pulled away temporarily. It’s going to be healthy.”

So, in a word: brilliant. If you’d like to watch the madness unfold, there are roughly a billion livestreams of the galaxy-eclipsing assault. Goodness, though. This is really quite the thing. I may cancel my weekend plans to watch a videogame. What a silly, amazing world we live in.
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...-eves-economy/
    Last edited by keefy; 06-13-2012 at 00:24.

Apprentice
    I am so stoked to play this..count me in for the PSU corp

Elite Sage
    I'm also interested in this. Let's see how the things will go. =)
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    When does this get release?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Super Elite
    Theres a open beta starting on June 29th, though you still have to register up at the official website to try and get in on that.

The game does look great, and ill certainly be partaking in this game on launch, love to get in on the PSU Corp when its up and running.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    tnx to all, who keep this thread alive )) im little $#@!ed up with it...but i promise to begin play beta again tomorrow and will add new impressions

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Definitely gonna jump on the open beta when it starts !

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Definitely gonna jump on the open beta when it starts !
    You can get a closed beta code from PS Home (while stocks last) by watching 4 15 second videos and playing a mini game (took me 5 mins all up).

Superior Member
    Can't wait to check out the beta when its live tomorrow. I'll be posting my impressions here if anyone may be interested.

Superior Member
    Ya I wanna hear how it plays and looks etc

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules909 View Post
    Ya I wanna hear how it plays and looks etc
    gamplay part is something between MAG and BF. you have shield regen, but your armor cant do that. mechanics itself need some tweaks like, add little weight to weapons and adjust damage system. maybe for some ppl it is a good news but here we cant kill anyne with 1 knife punch. also you must buy weapons, because after each dead amount of weapons in your assets will decreased. but good thing is that you can but stuff from the market in battle. visual part is not stfongest syde of Dust, yet. this could spot many pleyers even from trying it

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Can you pilot any ships and fly in space?

Superior Member
    ^ No. At least not from what I've experienced. I'm pretty sure that kind of thing is reserved for EVE.

Graphics are subpar, but I've never been one to focus only on visuals. The concept is neat, and my favorite thing is probably how open and big the maps are. And I've always liked BF over CoD for this reason, because I like vehicles in multiplayer shooters.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Wait... Dust is FREE now.

*suddenly gets excited*

lol can't believe I didn't know that 0_0

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Oliveira View Post
    I know Dust 514 looks daunting, but trust me, after I got time to dive in at E3 2012, I was hooked. Not as hooked as Mr. Bishop, mind you, but still. The game is just bananas.

Ignoring all the balls-to-the-wall compatibility with EVE that the game has, this is what you'll instantly fall in love with:

- Constant sense of progression
    - Character / weapon customization
    - Randomly generated maps
    - Action-packed game sessions. And I mean action-packed. Think Unreal Tournament-style craziness.

Plus, you'll most probably be playing with other PlayStation users eager to learn and grow in the community. Not random 12-year-olds that got bored of Call of Duty.
    Same here, played it 6 times couldn't stop playing it. I scanned the customization loadout section and boy...$#@!load of things to change, upgrade. Its really gonna be a huge game can't wait.

Thread Information