Latest PSU headlines:

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Bulldozer v Sandybridge

Specs alone suggest bulldozer will win.
    This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    I came here expecting a fight I'm disappoint

I'm getting my self a Bulldozer when it comes out. I'm done with Sandy for now!

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Apparently bulldozer wont be out for a few months, by that time ivy will be out and well.... it might just be outdated within a week.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Specs alone suggest bulldozer will win.
    Paper specs alone suggest that Barcelona would outperform Intel's Core 2. We know how that worked out....

The big question in my mind is the FSB bandwidth and how it deals with memory latency. Part of the problem with Phenoms is that the way they handle memory management.

Personally I would love to see AMD beating Intel, I think the competition helps us by providing better CPUs at cheaper prices no matter which one you go with. I've got no personal preference, I just buy whichever performs the best. Right now, that's a Sandy Bridge. In the future..... I'm open to all options.
    Last edited by Completely Average; 06-10-2011 at 14:32.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    Apparently bulldozer wont be out for a few months, by that time ivy will be out and well.... it might just be outdated within a week.
    IVY bridge is coming out Q2 2012!! Bulldoze is coming in the next 2 months! Lol

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    Paper specs alone suggest that Barcelona would outperform Intel's Core 2. We know how that worked out....

The big question in my mind is the FSB bandwidth and how it deals with memory latency. Part of the problem with Phenoms is that the way they handle memory management.

Personally I would love to see AMD beating Intel, I think the competition helps us by providing better CPUs at cheaper prices no matter which one you go with. I've got no personal preference, I just buy whichever performs the best. Right now, that's a Sandy Bridge. In the future..... I'm open to all options.
    I think AMD has a ways to go to topple Intel in the performance market. But they are reviving the FX moniker, and the last time they used that was when they were pounding Intel. So it shows at least confidence from them.

In the mainstream market though, AMD's new Fusion APU are making a lot of noise. I think they can take Intel there.
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Nakatomi_Uk
    Items Intel Core i7PS3 SlimFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    I'm waiting on Bulldozer but will be waiting a few months after launch on to see any special offers hopefully it will provide a good upgrade boost from 945 I am using now, recently was playing Dead Space 1 on PC but the dam thing keeps crashing so I un-installed it couldn't figure out why maybe the 11.5 drivers from ATi might give it another install since I saved the game save if so I'll try the 11.2's they where really stable.

Win 7 Ult 64bit, Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Rev.1/Bios F8 , INTEL i7 2600k 3.40ghz, Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB DDR3 1866mhz (1600mhz@1.60v), Crucial 128GB M4 SSD, Seagate 500GB 7,200rpm HDD, HIS 7850 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E Card, OCZ Fatality 750 Mod PSU, LG DVD-RAM RW

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Can you guys not see the pictures, clearly a bulldozer beats a sandy bridge.
    This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Can you guys not see the pictures, clearly a bulldozer beats a sandy bridge.
    You sir are wrong.

The Sandy Bridge clearly won, the Bulldozer had to be towed out.

Forum Sage

Oh you...

Thread Information