Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

[ATTN MR.B]Change the post reply field back... Errors.

I cannot see Embedded Videos! And my concerns have gotten no replies whatsoever..

I've found out the cause of the error 64-bit firefox gets.. and it's due to the video tags.. something about the embed video tags must have changed from last time which make it not compatible with 64-bit browsers.. please change the embed video plugin back to what it was before.

Can't really expect us to use ancient technology to come to these forums. The PSU staff really need to learn to stop tinkering with the forums by upgrading things that work fine already.. one thing I liked about Seb was he only did an update if it was stable for sure and if it was necessary.

Previous post:
    Last edited by Firefox; 07-04-2011 at 19:37.

Forum Dawg
    Items User name style
    indeed, it's a horrible new thing, you cant even tab out of it....wtf

I specifically ticked the box saying 'simple text box' and yet the thing is still a pile of gui crappiness
    ♥ ∈ ∅

The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity Abraham Lincoln
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein

Ultimate Veteran
    Yeah it sucks, nothing good about it at all. Seriously, get rid of it. Too much GUI and not even of the pretty kind.
    Other opinions are available.

Master Sage
    Works fine for me?

Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    The "simple text box" is just that no formatting, font, URL and video embed tools.
    I like the autosave feature that could be useful when connection times out etc.
    Last edited by keefy; 06-16-2011 at 19:24.

Forum Dawg
    Items User name style
    the 'simple text box' is more than just a simple browser-default textbox, the autosave is an interesting idea, but not equal to being able to tab out of the textbox.
    ♥ ∈ ∅

The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity Abraham Lincoln
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein

Master Sage
    I cannot see Embedded Videos! And my concerns have gotten no replies from whoever did this stupid upgrade.

I've found out the cause of the error 64-bit firefox gets.. and it's due to the video tags.. something about the embed video tags must have changed from last time which make it not compatible with 64-bit browsers.. please change the embed video plugin back to what it was before.

Can't really expect us to use ancient technology to come to these forums. The PSU staff really need to learn to stop tinkering with the forums by upgrading things that work fine already.. one thing I liked about Seb was he only did an update if it was stable for sure and if it was necessary.
    Last edited by Firefox; 06-16-2011 at 19:55.

Still NOT Better Than Cuguy
    Items Bruce WillisBrad PittChristian BaleInfinity WardGoogle ChromeModern Warfare 3AppleFacebook LogoUser name style
    I'm sure this will get addressed. Just need to wait a bit more than 15 hours.

Auto-save feature is kinda nice mind you. Give Mr.B a chance.

Add me on Steam: VintageElise

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox View Post
    I cannot see Embedded Videos! And my concerns have gotten no replies from whoever did this stupid upgrade.

Thing like you are experiencing is why I dont use 64 bit Firefox or any browser, there just isnt eniough support yet.

Elite Guru
    I assume you're talking about the CKEditor? If so, it's actually a new feature of vBulletin (v4.1.4) to support rich text editing. If there's problems, they need to be highlighted with the guys over at vBulletin so a patch can be deployed.

Personally, I've experienced no issues. Though I don't use Firefox.
    Last edited by *goo; 06-16-2011 at 20:32. Reason: Typo.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Thing like you are experiencing is why I dont use 64 bit Firefox or any browser, there just isnt eniough support yet.
    I haven't had any problems with this browser with the hundreds of websites I go to at all to be honest till now where PSU decided to do a "downgrade".

I definitely recommend trying out 64-bit.

Supreme Veteran
    Embeded videos lag my PC too much think I will disable embeding of things until its sorted.

Damn, its not possible
    Last edited by keefy; 06-16-2011 at 20:29.

XianZle
    Well I can't either .

Items Bruce WillisBrad PittChristian BaleInfinity WardGoogle ChromeModern Warfare 3AppleFacebook LogoUser name style
    Bumpity bump for Mr.B/Others

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    I don't get that error (on Chrome), but yeah.... don't like the new text box much myself.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

I like the text box, this bump is mainly for the 64 bit error.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by VintageElise View Post
    I like the text box, this bump is mainly for the 64 bit error.
    Well since Mr. B is going to be basically MIA for the week.. stop bumping.

2nd, the issue seems to arising because PSU updated their software to the newest version to help shield against the exploits which led to the recent hack. Security is above and beyond whether a member or two likes the GUI for the text field.

3rd... if the embed and other options are not working for you, still, let me know all the details and we can send it up the chain.

Getting the site secured was the only priority. All of the changes that happened in appearance and such were a result of VB updating their stuff, not pSU doing it necessarily.

@FB - you have emailed us about the editor, so Mr. B has that info in hand already. Don't bother doing so again, as his guys will hopefully look further into it (or already are) soon.
    LMAO

Thread Information