Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 326
  1. #76
    Express
    Guest
    Lol. Basically most if not all who are eagerly waiting for next-gen are pro360 people. Nothing wrong with that though, just look at MS line-up. I certainly would wanna play xbox 720 or at least some exclusives for 360 next year if that was the main console I used.

    Sony have no reason what-so-ever to release PS4 in the near future. Just look at all the exclusives we have on the horizon...

    And why next-gen is so important? I thought graphics didn't matter?? But suddenly it became a big thing for some... Sad really.

  2. #77
    PSU Community Manager
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,580
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    6,104,188 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Express View Post
    Lol. Basically most if not all who are eagerly waiting for next-gen are pro360 people. Nothing wrong with that though, just look at MS line-up. I certainly would wanna play xbox 720 or at least some exclusives for 360 next year if that was the main console I used.

    Sony have no reason what-so-ever to release PS4 in the near future. Just look at all the exclusives we have on the horizon...

    And why next-gen is so important? I thought graphics didn't matter?? But suddenly it became a big thing for some... Sad really.
    Haha! Yeah I would want next gen too if my console of choice had no games of its own. PS3 exclusives + Move + 3D + PsVita = no need to rush off to next gen.
    Last edited by Ghost; 06-18-2011 at 19:28.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

    THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST



  3. #78
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    7,816
    Rep Power
    109
    Points
    39,352 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Express View Post
    Lol. Basically most if not all who are eagerly waiting for next-gen are pro360 people. Nothing wrong with that though, just look at MS line-up. I certainly would wanna play xbox 720 or at least some exclusives for 360 next year if that was the main console I used.

    Sony have no reason what-so-ever to release PS4 in the near future. Just look at all the exclusives we have on the horizon...

    And why next-gen is so important? I thought graphics didn't matter?? But suddenly it became a big thing for some... Sad really.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost_rhayne View Post
    Haha! Yeah I would want next gen too if my console of choice had no games of its own. PS3 exclusives + Move + 3D + PsVita = no need to rush off to next gen.
    Or you know people that just like having the newest tech, enjoy the transition between console generations and everything that comes with them. I.e. new console design, new os, new online service features, ect.

    And the advancement of console generations is about more than just graphics, any experienced gamer knows that.

  4. #79
    Elite Sage
    Thorzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    23
    Posts
    11,772
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    49,427 (713 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    Yeah

    ff versus
    bioshock infinite
    ffxiii-2
    The last guardian

    hell I'm good for an entire year!
    No you didn't...I didn't remember it's coming in 2012. ****ing hyped!!!
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

  5. #80
    PSU Community Manager
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,580
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    6,104,188 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Or you know people that just like having the newest tech, enjoy the transition between console generations and everything that comes with them. I.e. new console design, new os, new online service features, ect.

    And the advancement of console generations is about more than just graphics, any experienced gamer knows that.
    And an experienced gamer can see what Sony still has to offer with their tech...
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

    THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST



  6. #81
    Arthur Spooner
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost_rhayne View Post
    And an experienced gamer can see what Sony still has to offer with their tech...
    Like what? I haven't seen anything grow by leaps and bounds from a technical standpoint. Things are just getting stagnant.

  7. #82
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    7,816
    Rep Power
    109
    Points
    39,352 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost_rhayne View Post
    And an experienced gamer can see what Sony still has to offer with their tech...
    That does not stop them from desiring a newer more advanced console.

  8. #83
    PSU Community Manager
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,580
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    6,104,188 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Spooner View Post
    Like what? I haven't seen anything grow by leaps and bounds from a technical standpoint. Things are just getting stagnant.
    ...haha...Lets just wait until Uncharted 3 takes another 50 awards and GOTY then lets revise. U3 has set the mark on 3D implementation, many awesome games are adopting Move and many awesome devs are developing for Vita, but yeah it's getting stagnant lol...for the graphic *****s.

    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    That does not stop them from desiring a newer more advanced console.
    I have seen more people happy to chill on current tech than those who want to move on, and regardless of what these next gen hungry people want, PS4 aint coming any time soon and Crytek dismissed the RUMOR that they were working on 720 games...so back to your PCs all yee who require eye candy haha
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

    THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST



  9. #84
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    7,816
    Rep Power
    109
    Points
    39,352 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost_rhayne View Post
    ...haha...Lets just wait until Uncharted 3 takes another 50 awards and GOTY then lets revise. U3 has set the mark on 3D implementation, many awesome games are adopting Move and many awesome devs are developing for Vita, but yeah it's getting stagnant lol...for the graphic *****s.



    I have seen more people happy to chill on current tech than those who want to move on, and regardless of what these next gen hungry people want, PS4 aint coming any time soon and Crytek dismissed the RUMOR that they were working on 720 games...so back to your PCs all yee who require eye candy haha
    Again its more than just graphics, and some of us enjoy the advancements of pc's in ew consoles with the 10 foot experience.

  10. #85
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Express View Post
    Lol. Basically most if not all who are eagerly waiting for next-gen are pro360 people. Nothing wrong with that though, just look at MS line-up. I certainly would wanna play xbox 720 or at least some exclusives for 360 next year if that was the main console I used. .
    Have to disagree with that. Most of us pro-360 and most of us pro-PS3 gamers just like having new tech. We are excited about our new games coming out for both consoles, but we also like the latest and greatest. It's not because the PS3 or 360 have a dismal line up in someone else's eyes.

    The majority of gamers game because they like games.

  11. #86
    Arthur Spooner
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost_rhayne View Post
    ...haha...Lets just wait until Uncharted 3 takes another 50 awards and GOTY then lets revise. U3 has set the mark on 3D implementation, many awesome games are adopting Move and many awesome devs are developing for Vita, but yeah it's getting stagnant lol...for the graphic *****s.
    That's the crutch of your argument? 3D, Move, and handhelds? Oh god it's worse than I thought...

    Uncharted is great, it's my favorite series this gen. But come on, it doesn't look much different than Uncharted 2 and there's no leaps in anything from a technical standpoint. Will it be a great game? Sure, but that has nothing to do with some huge difference in physics or graphical fidelity. And like it or not, that's what matters. Otherwise we would still be playing on 8 bit systems.
    Last edited by Arthur Spooner; 06-18-2011 at 20:17.

  12. #87
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,551
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    53,743 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Again its more than just graphics, and some of us enjoy the advancements of pc's in ew consoles with the 10 foot experience.
    Dude don't waist your time responding. Its pointless. Everything has to be "mine is better than yours" to some members.

  13. #88
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    21
    Posts
    20,435
    Rep Power
    115
    Points
    61,108 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Good news, this gen hasn't wowd me like last gen we need more games taking advantage of the PS3. Need more games for 2012 though.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

    yay, next gen!

  14. #89
    Express
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Or you know people that just like having the newest tech, enjoy the transition between console generations and everything that comes with them. I.e. new console design, new os, new online service features, ect.

    And the advancement of console generations is about more than just graphics, any experienced gamer knows that.
    Your argument so stale it's astonishing. Seriously all those bolded things can/have been/will be done on current gen machines. Tons of new online services were announced for both 360 and PS3 at E3. Only thing that's not possible is leaps and bounds better graphics. Current gen machines have absolutely zero restrictions (maybe 360 because live is closed network) why the things you mentioned are not possible. From this gen forward, graphics will be the only major advancement.

  15. Likes Shingo , AaronSOLDIER likes this post
  16. #90
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Dude don't waist your time responding. Its pointless. Everything has to be "mine is better than yours" to some members.
    You have to keep in mind, this is not a multiplatform fan website or forum at heart. It is catering to Playstation fans first and foremost. I like both platforms, but I completely understand that coming to console specific website will have a population that have a big support following their dedicated choice of gaming platform. It doesn't matter if it's Xbox or PS, Ford or Chevy....people have different view points, different commitments and beliefs. That is the nature of the human being.

    So while stating to "not waste your time responding" is a good idea if one cannot hold a mature debate, it would hardly make for a community if everything was perfect or a yes man place.

    I understand that Ghost loves his PS3, his PS3 games, and what Sony as a corporation has done for him. He is entitled to have his experience and beliefs. Just because we don't agree on EVERYTHING doesn't mean I shouldn't respond to him because I am "wasting my time".

    We are just all here as gaming fans, first and foremost.

    Mature conversations wanted. Any takers?

  17. #91
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    7,816
    Rep Power
    109
    Points
    39,352 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Express View Post
    Your argument so stale it's astonishing. Seriously all those bolded things can/have been/will be done on current gen machines. Tons of new online services were announced for both 360 and PS3 at E3. Only thing that's not possible is leaps and bounds better graphics. Current gen machines have absolutely zero restrictions (maybe 360 because live is closed network) why the things you mentioned are not possible. From this gen forward, graphics will be the only major advancement.
    Foresight. Vision. Imagination.

    You lack these attributes.

    Anyways as Soldier advised me, I'm done with this part of the discussion.

  18. #92
    Elite Member
    FinalEvangelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,857
    Rep Power
    57
    Points
    2,978 (0 Banked)
    All in all, the 360 has been pretty disappointing since 2008 if you are not a shooter or Kinect / casual fan. While I have a 360 this generation since MS actually cared about gamers that don't fall into the categories described, I just don't see myself getting an MS system next generation. Why should I spend the extra money when the other system has exclusives I care about + all the games I can find on MS's console that I like.

    Really, my 360 is for Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia, and Alan Wake. I don't see any games like that coming out in the forsee-able future.

  19. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
  20. #93
    PSU Community Manager
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,580
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    6,104,188 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Spooner View Post
    That's the crutch of your argument? 3D, Move, and handhelds? Oh god it's worse than I thought...

    Uncharted is great, it's my favorite series this gen. But come on, it doesn't look much different than Uncharted 2 and there's no leaps in anything from a technical standpoint. Will it be a great game? Sure, but that has nothing to do with some huge difference in physics or graphical fidelity. And like it or not, that's what matters. Otherwise we would still be playing on 8 bit systems.
    Haha No leaps and bounds from a technical viewpoint other than the fact that they have programmed real time destruction, and their fire follows a simulated oxygen flow, or that you could watch the burning chateau burn to the ground if the story didnt drive you forward, or the fact that the cruise ship scene is actually on a simulated ocean...lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    You have to keep in mind, this is not a multiplatform fan website or forum at heart. It is catering to Playstation fans first and foremost. I like both platforms, but I completely understand that coming to console specific website will have a population that have a big support following their dedicated choice of gaming platform. It doesn't matter if it's Xbox or PS, Ford or Chevy....people have different view points, different commitments and beliefs. That is the nature of the human being.

    So while stating to "not waste your time responding" is a good idea if one cannot hold a mature debate, it would hardly make for a community if everything was perfect or a yes man place.

    I understand that Ghost loves his PS3, his PS3 games, and what Sony as a corporation has done for him. He is entitled to have his experience and beliefs. Just because we don't agree on EVERYTHING doesn't mean I shouldn't respond to him because I am "wasting my time".

    We are just all here as gaming fans, first and foremost.

    Mature conversations wanted. Any takers?
    So well said, thank you, + rep. My love of Sony is much akin to someone who loves a sports team, and my views and arguments are fueled by a similar vain. I enjoy our exchanges, and how while we are on the same page as far as O.C.D game collecting goes but have sometimes conflicting views on other things.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

    THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST



  21. #94
    Express
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Mature conversations wanted. Any takers?
    I'm all for it, but when....

    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Foresight. Vision. Imagination.

    You lack these attributes.

    Anyways as Soldier advised me, I'm done with this part of the discussion.
    ... people seem to ignore my arguments and stop discussing because they have no counter-argument, it's pretty hard to have a mature conversation.

    But well said Soldier anyway

  22. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
  23. #95
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    So well said, thank you, + rep. My love of Sony is much akin to someone who loves a sports team, and my views and arguments are fueled by a similar vain. I enjoy our exchanges, and how while we are on the same page as far as O.C.D game collecting goes but have sometimes conflicting views on other things.
    Yup, anytime my friend. I concur...akin to someone who loves their sports teams. My Green Bay Packers have had their down years, but to me, they are THE BEST, no matter what. I support them through thick and thin. Honestly, who doesn't have something they REALLY REALLY love, no holds barred.

  24. #96
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    7,816
    Rep Power
    109
    Points
    39,352 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Express View Post
    I'm all for it, but when....



    ... people seem to ignore my arguments and stop discussing because they have no counter-argument, it's pretty hard to have a mature conversation.


    But well said Soldier anyway
    I have plenty of counterarguments, but they serve no purpose if they cannot be grasped by the one posting the reason for the counterarguments in the first place.

  25. #97
    Arthur Spooner
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost_rhayne View Post
    Haha No leaps and bounds from a technical viewpoint other than the fact that they have programmed real time destruction, and their fire follows a simulated oxygen flow, or that you could watch the burning chateau burn to the ground if the story didnt drive you forward, or the fact that the cruise ship scene is actually on a simulated ocean...lol
    That's funny you mention the fire since I've seen that same scene demoed 3 different times and every time the building fell apart the exact same way. I guess there's only so many ways oxygen can flow huh? And yeah wow, real time destruction. We haven't seen that in games already. Just because Naughty Dog is rehashing stuff doesn't mean it's new or driving technology forward. They're just including stuff in their game they didn't before...you know, like every other developer does with their sequels.

  26. #98
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,551
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    53,743 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    You have to keep in mind, this is not a multiplatform fan website or forum at heart. It is catering to Playstation fans first and foremost. I like both platforms, but I completely understand that coming to console specific website will have a population that have a big support following their dedicated choice of gaming platform. It doesn't matter if it's Xbox or PS, Ford or Chevy....people have different view points, different commitments and beliefs. That is the nature of the human being.

    So while stating to "not waste your time responding" is a good idea if one cannot hold a mature debate, it would hardly make for a community if everything was perfect or a yes man place.

    I understand that Ghost loves his PS3, his PS3 games, and what Sony as a corporation has done for him. He is entitled to have his experience and beliefs. Just because we don't agree on EVERYTHING doesn't mean I shouldn't respond to him because I am "wasting my time".

    We are just all here as gaming fans, first and foremost.

    Mature conversations wanted. Any takers?
    well said but my comment was directed at another member. It was in reference to the PC.

  27. #99
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    well said but my comment was directed at another member. It was in reference to the PC.
    Oh know it wasn't towards Ghost. I was just using Ghost as an example. Sorry for the confusion.

  28. #100
    Elite Member
    Suzano-O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Brittanya O'Campo's undergarments...
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,759
    Rep Power
    41
    Points
    4,550 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    It has stopped Sony from leading this generation, or even being second in sales this generation, especially in the worlds largest video game market, North America where the PS3 is a very distant 3rd place, despite your "bigger gaming experience", whatever the heck that is supposed to mean.
    Right, it was because MS had the jump...

    Had absolutely nothing to do with the $600+ asking price of the PS3...
    And everybody knows that the Wii is only trailing behind the Xbox360 because of the jump MS had on them too, it's so obvious...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.