Latest PSU headlines:

Forum Guru

PSV Needs to Have 99cent games on the market in order to compete.

Anyone agree or disagree? I think if they want to be around, they need to have those same mobile games that available on the app store for apple and android on the psv to compete with the market and nintendo for that matter. I expect nintendo 3ds to pick up steam around holiday season..which is why I think psv aroundholiday season. I don't think they want to be that far behind nintendo holiday season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fake_PSN
    The Playstation Blog guys are jerks. I just asked them what they were doing for lunch and they replied "We have no updates concerning lunch"

Apprentice

I agree.

I think that's what the PS Suite is for. At launch, it will only have PS1 and PSP titles, but later later on it will house mini games and apps exactly like the appstore and android marketplace. And as an advantage, it will be hardware neutral. Meaning you can play the mini games and apps on your PSV, your android phone/iphone, pc/mac and probably ps3and ps4 too (or even blu-ray players and HDTVs). I'm not entirely sure but let's see. But that's the route I want Sony to go after.
    Practice makes perfect, but noone is perfect so why practice.

Forum Sage
    No. This is not the smartphone market where people won't play games unless they're 0-0.99$. There will be cheap games, but more in the line of PSP Minis and bigger sub-10$ downloadable PSN games.

Now playing: PSP: Persona 3 Portable (3)DS: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D PS3: deBlob 2 PC: The Witcher 2
    Next In Line: Ghost Trick
    Recently Finished:

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Why are people comparing a hand held game console to a smartphone? If i was to buy a PSV, i'd want to see good $5+ games, not thousands of $#@!ty $1 games that take forever to go through to find a good one. o.O

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Why are people comparing a hand held game console to a smartphone? If i was to buy a PSV, i'd want to see good $5+ games, not thousands of $#@!ty $1 games that take forever to go through to find a good one. o.O
    Yeah I agree. It should be not exactly the likes of 99 cents games in the appstore, it should be more the likes of angry birds or plants vs zombies, $3-$10 depending on the game. For the PS Suite, Sony needs to filter the content and only allow those worthy to be called games in order not to flood the system with $#@!ty ones.

I was thinking the likes of Patapon, Locoroco and Echochrome should be offered through the PS Suite instead of exclusivity to the PSV. They're not entirely graphics-heavy and falls under the caliber of angry birds. They'll be perfect for touchscreen phones too.
    Last edited by n@ruto-kun; 07-01-2011 at 02:49.
    Practice makes perfect, but noone is perfect so why practice.

Disagree like others before me have said this is no smartphone I hope thee are no games priced at $1 this is a handheld and should be treated as such or it will not make it!
    Last edited by Rtc; 07-01-2011 at 03:31.

Forum Guru
    a 5iver sounds reasonable. I think it would crush 3ds and entice people to buy psv for the exclusively cheap games. I can't picture the arcade games being 14.99, maybe 9.99 for a high end arcade game and 4.99 for a basic one.

outland is ten bucks right now, that sounds like a great deal. If they release outland on psv, I will definitely pick that up, as it seems more of a portable game than a console game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fake_PSN
    The Playstation Blog guys are jerks. I just asked them what they were doing for lunch and they replied "We have no updates concerning lunch"

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    99c games are usually only played for 99s.

Right now SONY has a growing list of full PSP titles for $10. All will be fully compatible and upgraded on the vita.
    And lets not forget the cheap but fun minis.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by floetry View Post
    a 5iver sounds reasonable. I think it would crush 3ds
    Uh... 3DS has eShop with all kinds of games in the few dollar range starting from GameBoy classics and DSiWare games, which were originally released for DSi, to 3Dfied Classics (old games like Excitebike redone to support 3D) and completely original 3DSWare games.
    Last edited by Azu; 07-01-2011 at 16:24.

Now playing: PSP: Persona 3 Portable (3)DS: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D PS3: deBlob 2 PC: The Witcher 2
    Next In Line: Ghost Trick
    Recently Finished:

Elite Member
    Items BowserDoom
    While I agree the PSV is not in the same market, it wouldn't hurt it to be able to play cheap games like that, as long as they don't stop releasing good quality games.
    Thou shall not question my lame sig
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thread Information