Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 24 111 ... LastLast
    Master Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

PSU Minecraft Server | OT

So, after much deliberation and consideration, the PSU Minecraft server is now up and running. As this moment in time, it is only a 12-man server. There are no mods installed as of yet, so the server is vanilla. The IP for the server is 109.70.149.12:25585, although white-listing has now been enabled. If you wish to sign up and play, please post your Minecraft username and your IP in here so I can add you.

To keep this going, I will personally be paying for the server hosting. If, however, you wish to contribute towards hosting, then you can do so by clicking the button below. Donations are optional and you are not, by any means, forced to pay to play. It should be noted, however, that anyone who does donate will be placed in a seperate usergroup with added features that non-donaters will not be able to have.

So, yeah, let's see this server become as big as all the others. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Jaeger; 08-05-2011 at 10:24.

Forum Sage
    Sorry for being a major douche$#@! the other night :\. I hope I can play if I donate something.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicDog View Post
    Sorry for being a major douche$#@! the other night :\. I hope I can play if I donate something.
    Business is business. If you want to play on the server, I'm not going to stop you as long as pay a small fee each month to help cover the hosting costs.

Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.

Forum Sage
    Alright, donated.

Name; MedicDog
    IP; 92.8.77.27

Master Sage
    Thanks, I'll whitelist you now. Once you've had a look around the world, let me know what you think of it, in terms of the terrain. I'm not too sure I'm keen on it but I'm not sure if we can change it.

Forum Sage
    Tis very hilly but i've already hit a decent pocket of iron. Is it limited where I can mine? Since I was mining in one place but things were just reappearing, but I moved a bit and I can mine there .

Master Sage
    It shouldn't be. As far as I know, it's a free-for-all but I'll have a look into it.

Forum Sage
    You need to white list me again .

Master Sage
    Yeah, I've had to whitelist myself too. I added a new seed (and disabled mobs for the time being) so had to restart the server. Should be working now.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Nah, don't feel like paying to play online..can't believe they charge you for that !!
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Nah, don't feel like paying to play online..can't believe they charge you for that !!
    You don't want to pay Notch or you don't want to pay us? Either way, it's a sound investment.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Servers are not free somebody has to pay for them.Sure you can use any of the public ones out there for free (someone still paid for them)but if you want to run a server the way you want and make it private you have to pay for your own its the way it always been.
    Last edited by keefy; 07-05-2011 at 14:43.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Servers are not free somebody has to pay for them.Sure you can use any of the public ones out there for free (someone still paid for them)but if you want to run a server the way you want and make it private you have to pay for your own its the way it always been.
    Pretty much what I wanted to say, but better worded. You can choose not to pay and play and instead opt for a public server, that's fine, but if you want a server where what you want is actually taken into consideration then you're going to have to pay. It's not a lot, only 80p a month at the moment and, truth be told, I'd say that's worth it. I'll be setting up a website/forum to go with this, too, so members can have their say about what mods/features they want to see.

Forum Sage
    Just hit bedrock, PSU Server First ;D

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    I wont pay for a any part of a host unless I have a lot a say in what goes on or it has things that I like about it (E.I; Plugins)

But if you have a good upload speed, and a pretty good PC you can host your own at home.

I got a 14 MB download, and a 1 MB upload. With 4 GB ram, quad core, and a mid-range(?) card, and im able to host about 3 people plus me. This can help you know how many players your connection can handle

Higher the upload speed, the more people. Higher the PC, the faster it'll run. (Thats what I take out of it atleast)

Depends what you want really, obsidia was hosted on some dudes computer with pretty damn amazing upload speed. The only time it ever had issues was when his PC crashed. I was going to upgrade my current website account but they want 50%/month for a VPN or whatever. So I say you got a pretty good price (Im sure on your provider 1 GB ram wont cost you $50+ a month.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    I wont pay for a any part of a host unless I have a lot a say in what goes on or it has things that I like about it (E.I; Plugins)
    Which, if you had bothered to read through this thread, is exactly what I have planned. I'll be asking what people would like to see on the server. It'll start out vanilla, as MedicDog will confirm, but if a feature or mod is heavily requested, then it will be added.

Catch it and W*nk
    I'll send you half the cost as soon as I get on the mac along a all profitof the server goes to expansion.
    PS360 owner
    Please feel free to visit my blog: http://gamersgaloreram.blogspot.com/ . It will contain numerous reviews to do with games, hardware and other fitting things. Thanks.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Astonlover View Post
    I'll send you half the cost as soon as I get on the mac along a all profitof the server goes to expansion.
    The link above is exclusively for any Minecraft transactions. It will even show on your statements as Minecraft PSU, so you'll have proof.

Friendship is Carrots
    In my opinion, you shouldn't be forcing payments from players, Jaeger. we have a great community here, and if the server is operated well then people will volunteer for donations. I'll be sending a few euros soon.

My IGN: NEREVAR117
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Veteran
    Items Google ChromeFacebook LogoIntel Core i7Microsoft LogoNvidia
    my os was corrupted once i get my comp back up im down to host for free. (we can stress test my internet connection my pc will easily be able to handle up to 20 people) internet speed is 30mbps

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    In my opinion, you shouldn't be forcing payments from players, Jaeger. we have a great community here, and if the server is operated well then people will volunteer for donations. I'll be sending a few euros soon.

My IGN: NEREVAR117
    So it seems there's a divide when it comes to paying to help for the fee. Maybe we can come to some sort of logical agreement that will please both parties? I'm thinking those who help fund hosting can have slightly more advantages over those who don't. What do you think?

Veteran
    Items Google ChromeFacebook LogoIntel Core i7Microsoft LogoNvidia
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    So it seems there's a divide when it comes to paying to help for the fee. Maybe we can come to some sort of logical agreement that will please both parties? I'm thinking those who help fund hosting can have slightly more advantages over those who don't. What do you think?

okay infinity ward

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    okay infinity ward
    It was a suggestion, I'm trying to come up with a plan where the players aren't forced to pay-to-play but I can still get help in paying the monthly charges. If you can think of any better ideas, I'm all ears.

Catch it and W*nk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    I agree with this tbh, thats the main reason I was prepared to pay extra to cover the cost of those who play standard.

Seahawkk quit trolling, me and Jaeger decided this with good intentions. If you don't agree with it start your own dedicated server and fund it entirely yourself. At the end of the day its exclusive for PSU members if you don't wish to help pay then enjoy public servers.
    PS360 owner
    Please feel free to visit my blog: http://gamersgaloreram.blogspot.com/ . It will contain numerous reviews to do with games, hardware and other fitting things. Thanks.

Forum Sage
    When I was signing up, I was gonna put forward like 3 or so, I thought 80p was a bit cheap!

Thread Information