Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Attn ALL: New Bug Reporting Requirements

It has been brought to my attention that a lot of items reported as broken are hard to fix because of insufficient data supplied at the time of the complaint.

So, from here on out, we need to follow some guidelines set forth from the folks that handle this sort of thing.

Some essential information needed:
    • browser (version, name, etc..)
    • what page were you on (in forums, on main page, etc..)
    • what link did you click on? (copy the link location and paste it if a link issue)
    • Get a screenshot
    • Date/Time (useful for things like server issues and 404 errors)
    • Country you are in (country is useful for tracking down ad issues, as they're all geo-targetted)
    • What EXACTLY is a certain forum function doing that you deem wrong

Basically, we need as much info as possible from people because we usually get things like "there are 404s in the forums" and it is left at that. Frankly… doesn't matter who you are, that's not useful.

Be extremely descriptive... more information means we can work faster to get to the root of the issue.

Still NOT Better Than Cuguy
    Items Bruce WillisBrad PittChristian BaleInfinity WardGoogle ChromeModern Warfare 3AppleFacebook LogoUser name style
    Announcements can't be clicked.

In any forum.

Using Chrome on 64bit W7.

Add me on Steam: VintageElise

Soldier 95B
    I think I am having the same issue as Vintage.

browser:
    Chrome (12.0.742.112)

what page were you on (in forums, on main page, etc..):
    http://www.psu.com/forums/forums/52-Xbox-360

what link did you click on? (copy the link location and paste it if a link issue):
    could not click on link

Get a screenshot -
    see red squares in shot below.

Date/Time (useful for things like server issues and 404 errors):
    2:26pm CDT 7/6/11 (and any other time/date)

Country you are in (country is useful for tracking down ad issues, as they're all geo-targetted):
    USA

What EXACTLY is a certain forum function doing that you deem wrong:
    I can't click on your pinned announcements showing up in subforums.
    Last edited by Soldier 95B; 07-06-2011 at 20:41.

PSN ID
    Royals26
    Items AppleBattlefield 3Dice
    Quote Originally Posted by VintageElise View Post

In any forum.

I'm having the same problem and I also have chrome on 64bit W7.

Soldier 95B
    I am getting the following error when attempting to post images when I leave the box checked.

browser: Chrome (12.0.742.112)

what page were you on (in forums, on main page, etc..): Not a page, but when clicking on the image box on the toolbar when posting a new image

what link did you click on? (copy the link location and paste it if a link issue):
    Not a page, but when clicking on the image box on the toolbar when posting a new image

Get a screenshot
    - see red squares in shot below.

Date/Time (useful for things like server issues and 404 errors): 2:36pm CDT 7/6/11 (and any other time/date)

Country you are in (country is useful for tracking down ad issues, as they're all geo-targetted):
    USA

What EXACTLY is a certain forum function doing that you deem wrong:
    When attempting to insert an image into a post using the image button, and leaving the checkmark next to "Retrieve Remote File and Reference Locally", I get the invalid URL error. However, if I uncheck the box, the image will insert.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I dont think he meant use this thread to report the bugs, only using 1 thread to report all bugs is a pain in the bumhole to find which ones are the newest.

This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

Soldier 95B
    Good point. My bad. However, the bugs still stand

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Using my PS3 browser I can no longer use my emoticons. Also when I use line break to post a link below my comment it posts the link right after my comment. On the bright side I can see my visitor messages now. I couldn't before.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Royals View Post
    I'm having the same problem and I also have chrome on 64bit W7.
    Having the same problem with firefox 4 Wvista

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    I dont think he meant use this thread to report the bugs, only using 1 thread to report all bugs is a pain in the bumhole to find which ones are the newest.
    Actually, it is fine to post them all in here. I gave the forum link to one of the programmers and he is going to keep tabs on it. So this is sort of like a trouble call area. It will make it easier for him to go into ONE thread and address the issues rather than have to peruse multiple (and probably duplicate) threads in the feedback area as a whole.

Post them all here if you want... even older issues you haven't seen resolution to.

However, do not turn this forum into a ***** fest. This is a simple forum. Enter your problem and get out. Treat this like a trouble ticket place.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    Actually, it is fine to post them all in here. I gave the forum link to one of the programmers and he is going to keep tabs on it. So this is sort of like a trouble call area. It will make it easier for him to go into ONE thread and address the issues rather than have to peruse multiple (and probably duplicate) threads in the feedback area as a whole.Post them all here if you want... even older issues you haven't seen resolution to.However, do not turn this forum into a ***** fest. This is a simple forum. Enter your problem and get out. Treat this like a trouble ticket place.
    If you had not have said ***** fest.

This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by VintageElise View Post

In any forum.

same problem running firefox 5 w7 ultimate x64, all times, UK, all sub forums

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    I has bug.

Browser:
    Safari 4.0.5

Screens:

Information:

So as you can see above the adverts literally cut the page view in two. On the top page it doesn't look so bad, it just makes the thread information really squashed up.

On the second shot you can see that it has cut the page view in two.

Fix:

I only noticed this when browsing as a guest. I didn't get it logged in because I am a Sub so I just signed in. But it is unsightly, even for guests.

Edit: Actually just got the same bug when viewing the reports. Maybe it's the fact my work MacBook is out of date! Let me see if I can run some updates. This may take all day.
    Last edited by dc89; 07-07-2011 at 11:04.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

PSU Staff Writer
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Browser: Internet Explorer 9
    Page: Playstation Vita topics (most recent) and others
    Link: No link
    Date: 7/09/11 at 7:35 a.m. central
    Problem: Having trouble replying to threads. Got "Leave Page" error twice and it didn't even post the reply.

Currently Playing: Pokemon X

El Presidente
    Ok first off I have Mozilla Firefox as my browser. I believe it is the latest most updated version of Firefox. I'm not sure exactly what that's called but yeah. I was in the PS3 games section. I was in a thread I created and went to edit it. Link to that thread.

http://www.psu.com/forums/threads/24...e-Library-List

It was between about 5-6pm east coast U.S. time today when I was trying to edit the thread. It is a very long list of games on that thread and I understand that it takes a long time to load but I've never gotten an error message before like I did today. I tried editing everything I wanted to in the thread twice. When I was done and tried to press the 'Save' button to update the thread I sat for about a minute or longer(which even before this when I edited the thread it took about that long to update). I then tried to only delete two things in the thread and NOT add anything new in.

I did that once. All three times I tried to edit the thread this error message come up:

I don't believe there is anything wrong with this computer I am using but I've never had this happen before. It does take a long time to load whenever I do update the thread but there is a lot in there.

El Presidente
    I'm sorry I don't mean to double post but has anyone looked into this problem above? It's been about a week so I'm not sure it someone is working on it or not. I tried editing the thread just a few minutes and I get the same error message. Thanks!

Soldier 95B
    I just asked staff, and they said it's on their list, but they are a few weeks behind and continue to work on the biggest bugs.

El Presidente
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I just asked staff, and they said it's on their list, but they are a few weeks behind and continue to work on the biggest bugs.
    That's fine just as long as I know that this bug has been acknowledged. Thank you! I wasn't sure who to talk to about it.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Helm_of_Darkness
    Items User name style
    Found one
    - Browser - Firefox 5.0 (The Ubuntu version, nothing different, just changes certain things to integrate into Ubuntu)
    - Page - I was on a News page on the comments (Ex: http://www.psu.com/Call-of-Juarez--T...0.php#comments)
    - Screenshot
    Before:
    Screenshot.jpg
    During:
    Screenshot-1.png
    After:
    Screenshot-2.jpg
    - Date/Time - Tuesday, 26 July 2011 at 11:00 PM EST
    - Country - United States
    - What went wrong - It does NOT save your comment when you edit it. It says it saves it, but doesn't. I just now tested on that page above, and it didn't save.

One more thing. HOW do you DELETE attachments from your post?!?!?!? I accidentally uploaded wrong one, and now, I can't remove it.
    Attached Images

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Hohjirozame
    Browser: Firefox 5.0
    Page: Private inbox / sending message
    Issue: Tried sending a PM to multiple users, only to get this error:
    "Too many recipients - you are attempting to send to 3 users but you are only allowed to send to 1 users."

I don't know if this is a spam precaution though. Maybe make an exception for DS/SMC/MOD if possible?

Cheers.

PSN: Hohjirozame

Hi EveryoneI'm new to This forumit is great to join this Forum, hope i'm welcome

• browser All that I have tried including Chrome, Firefox, IE More specifically related to the issue is the RSS Reader I am using which is Google Reader
    • what page were you on Main page
    • what link did you click on? Not Applicable
    • Date/Time Every day at random times
    • Country you are in United States
    • What EXACTLY is a certain forum function doing that you deem wrong Every day my RSS Reader is bombarded by the articles of the main page on occasions upwards of 4 times for the same article and on some days reaching back to the previous day's articles. What I mean is that the RSS feed seems to be spamming the articles over and over again so my RSS Reader is cluttered with previous articles that I have already marked as read.
    Without the fear in which we drown
    Injustice might not keep us down

Apprentice
    Items VitaPS3 Slim
    I can't sign in or post on PSU.com but I can on the the forums. Can someone help me out? Thanks.

Edit: Whoever fixed it I appreciate it a lot. Thank you.
    Last edited by EatSleepAndPlay; 12-07-2011 at 07:29.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Getting lots of internal server error messages again and sometimes I cant even get the forum web page to boot up for about 10 minutes at a time.

25. Likes The Boy From School likes this post
    Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Getting lots of internal server error messages again and sometimes I cant even get the forum web page to boot up for about 10 minutes at a time.
    Another batch of traffic coming in.

We are bringing on a third server, but the errors should pretty much be gone by now anyway. Load balancing had to catch up because they came in too fast.

The third server is more of a parachute than a necessity, but it is going to up and active in an hour or so.

Thread Information