Dedicated Member

Is it possible to retrieve deleted texts again?

On your phone, has it ever been done? I have one I'd like to get back, but I didn't save it to any card or folder or anything. I doubt there is, but I'd like to justa ask anyway.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    As far as I'm aware, there is no way to retrieve deleted texts. The only thing I can think of is that you could contact your phone provider and request to have your texts printed out or something of that matter. I remember along time ago that some people would do that so that their parents could monitor their child's conversations. Whether things like that still exist or if your cell phone provider can access deleted texts isn't something I know about, though.

Unfortunately, I think you're out of luck here.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    op got sent naked pics of a girl and didnt save them

you could try. is it a smartphone ? try recuva (its free) or software like that. connect smart phone to pc via the usb and run the search.

Dedicated Member
    ^nah its not a smart phone, but I don't think i can get it back i guess, its not that big a deal tho. if i did have a smart phone i would get that software tho.

Well, just search on google. Recovery tool can recover data from phone.
    Last edited by LiamNeeson; 1 Week Ago at 08:00.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Heat195
    To add to this general topic, if someone is using a web browser on a laptop or PC and has a lot or important text in a text field that was written, and then the browser freezes up meaning you can't access a tab/general application or the text input at all...as long as the executable process for it is still running with its RAM contents intact, you CAN recover your text still. If it crashes and dumps the memory back to the OS then its likely game over but even with that if your swap file happened to record some of the RAM, its possible to retrieve that (far more complex though). I had something important I was writing right here on this forum a month ago and then stupid Opera froze for some reason, I used HxD Hex Editor and scanned the process RAM and I actually found the text and recovered all of it! The topic will be posted soon. Add-ons that automatically save text input aren't working for my version so I write big ones on something other than a browser called Opera. This is true for other cases where Lazarus or something automatic isn't available. Sometimes I just can't rewrite moderate-length text.

On another similar note, I wanted to download some Twich past broadcasts from a channel but by the time I got back, some important ones were gone! What now! Shoot!! Anyone have info on that or how I could access disappeared nuggets of goodness?

Final Fantasy IX is without question not only the best video game ever made, but the best entertainment created by mankind.

This New Generation of Gaming

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Quote Originally Posted by hoverbike View Post
    To add to this general topic, if someone is using a web browser on a laptop or PC and has a lot or important text in a text field that was written, and then the browser freezes up meaning you can't access a tab/general application or the text input at all...as long as the executable process for it is still running with its RAM contents intact, you CAN recover your text still. If it crashes and dumps the memory back to the OS then its likely game over but even with that if your swap file happened to record some of the RAM, its possible to retrieve that (far more complex though). I had something important I was writing right here on this forum a month ago and then stupid Opera froze for some reason, I used HxD Hex Editor and scanned the process RAM and I actually found the text and recovered all of it! The topic will be posted soon. Add-ons that automatically save text input aren't working for my version so I write big ones on something other than a browser called Opera. This is true for other cases where Lazarus or something automatic isn't available. Sometimes I just can't rewrite moderate-length text.

On another similar note, I wanted to download some Twich past broadcasts from a channel but by the time I got back, some important ones were gone! What now! Shoot!! Anyone have info on that or how I could access disappeared nuggets of goodness?
    I use this site for it.

http://download.twitchapps.com/
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

8. Likes hoverbike likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    Heat195
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    I use this site for it.

http://download.twitchapps.com/
    Thanks.

Final Fantasy IX is without question not only the best video game ever made, but the best entertainment created by mankind.

This New Generation of Gaming

Thread Information