Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Guild Wars 2

  1. #1
    Veteran
    RyanGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,822
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    23,928 (615,000 Banked)

    Guild Wars 2

    Long time Guild Wars player , now awaiting GW2 which should be coming out sometime in early 2012 (According to the rumors)


    Do we have any other GW players here on PSU?

  2. #2
    Dat Guy
    Chille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your House.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,123
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    1,176 (1,060,841 Banked)
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Il post pics next month when i play 2



    Thank you itachi

  3. #3
    Veteran
    RyanGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,822
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    23,928 (615,000 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    Il post pics next month when i play 2
    You're in the beta?

  4. #4
    Dat Guy
    Chille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your House.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,123
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    1,176 (1,060,841 Banked)
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanGT View Post
    You're in the beta?
    No im going to an expo next month and theres a demo booth



    Thank you itachi

  5. #5
    Veteran
    RyanGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,822
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    23,928 (615,000 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    No im going to an expo next month and theres a demo booth
    ahh that's awesome. very lucky.

    I'm curious as to when they will be having a beta for GW2 , has to be soon if the game is coming out early 2012 right...

  6. #6
    Dat Guy
    Chille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your House.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,123
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    1,176 (1,060,841 Banked)
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanGT View Post
    ahh that's awesome. very lucky.I'm curious as to when they will be having a beta for GW2 , has to be soon if the game is coming out early 2012 right...
    Yeah beta should be October time tops espically if its a Q1 release then a public beta maybe december as a server load test



    Thank you itachi

  7. #7
    Veteran
    RyanGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,822
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    23,928 (615,000 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    Yeah beta should be October time tops espically if its a Q1 release then a public beta maybe december as a server load test
    are you at 50/50 with your Hall of Monuments?

    I haven't really worked on mine because I'm not really sure what it does for you in GW2

  8. #8
    Dat Guy
    Chille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your House.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,123
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    1,176 (1,060,841 Banked)
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanGT View Post
    are you at 50/50 with your Hall of Monuments?I haven't really worked on mine because I'm not really sure what it does for you in GW2
    Sorry i never really got into GW 1



    Thank you itachi

  9. #9
    Veteran
    RyanGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,822
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    23,928 (615,000 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    Sorry i never really got into GW 1
    Ahh fair enough.

    Looking forward to the videos you post of GW2.

  10. #10
    Dat Guy
    Chille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your House.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,123
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    1,176 (1,060,841 Banked)
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanGT View Post
    Ahh fair enough.Looking forward to the videos you post of GW2.
    Well i have lots of games to play but il try my best old republic is playable too



    Thank you itachi

  11. #11
    Elite Guru
    *goo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,282
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    32,245 (0 Banked)
    I never got into Guild Wars but definitely looking forward to Guild Wars 2. The first one still populated enough to warrant picking it up?

  12. #12
    Master Sage
    Jaeger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    14,380
    Rep Power
    104
    Points
    2,083 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Aah, yes, Guild Wars. I was one of those who opted to play this over World of Warcraft, and I don't ever regret it. I haven't played it in a good couple of years, though, due to reformatting my PC which it was installed on and having trouble finding the activation key. I think if I found it again I could probably see myself getting sucked back into the world of MMOs, which would be both a good and bad thing. I used to belong to quite a tight-knit guild on there. We were all members from another forum. Hell, me and one other member in particular would play all the time, we became pretty close. Ah, what it would be like to be young and naive again!

    As for Guild Wars 2, I imagine I'll probably find myself picking this up. I assume it will be free-to-play, much like the first one? That was one of the major selling points of World of Warcraft, for me anyway. I only paid 14.99 for Guild Wars and that was it, no monthly fees to pay to play online unlike World of Warcraft which, when totalled up, would end up costing a fair bit each month. Not massive amounts, but enough to convince me to buy Guild Wars instead of WoW. Anyway, yeah, I'll be getting Guild Wars 2. I think it's safe to say we should form a guild sometime and get online together.

    Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.


  13. #13
    Elite Sage
    Thorzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    11,768
    Rep Power
    114
    Points
    52,023 (713 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    What an incredible game. My most played/loved game ever!
    I'm at 30/50 in the HOM but I don't know if I can be bothered to fill it all up.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

  14. #14
    Elite Sage
    Xelios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    22
    Posts
    10,438
    Rep Power
    109
    Points
    22,827 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Oh man, GW was my life back then. Totally got obsessed with the game. Never did beat it though, it was much too difficult for my young 13 year old mind.

    Totally awaiting the new one.
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

  15. #15
    Veteran
    RyanGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,822
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    23,928 (615,000 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    I never got into Guild Wars but definitely looking forward to Guild Wars 2. The first one still populated enough to warrant picking it up?
    There's still a lot of people playing it , but I'd personally suggest waiting for GW2 since it won't be long before it comes out.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    Aah, yes, Guild Wars. I was one of those who opted to play this over World of Warcraft, and I don't ever regret it. I haven't played it in a good couple of years, though, due to reformatting my PC which it was installed on and having trouble finding the activation key. I think if I found it again I could probably see myself getting sucked back into the world of MMOs, which would be both a good and bad thing. I used to belong to quite a tight-knit guild on there. We were all members from another forum. Hell, me and one other member in particular would play all the time, we became pretty close. Ah, what it would be like to be young and naive again!

    As for Guild Wars 2, I imagine I'll probably find myself picking this up. I assume it will be free-to-play, much like the first one? That was one of the major selling points of World of Warcraft, for me anyway. I only paid 14.99 for Guild Wars and that was it, no monthly fees to pay to play online unlike World of Warcraft which, when totalled up, would end up costing a fair bit each month. Not massive amounts, but enough to convince me to buy Guild Wars instead of WoW. Anyway, yeah, I'll be getting Guild Wars 2. I think it's safe to say we should form a guild sometime and get online together.
    I definitely agree with the notion of forming a guild , that'd be awesome.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorzilla View Post
    What an incredible game. My most played/loved game ever!
    I'm at 30/50 in the HOM but I don't know if I can be bothered to fill it all up.
    Same with me, got the game in first couple weeks of release and still play it. Yeah I've taken long breaks here and there but overall it's been my most consistent video game ever. (that or Diablo II)


    Last edited by RyanGT; 08-06-2011 at 23:14.

  16. #16
    Master Sage
    HellsJester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Alone in the Cold
    Posts
    13,497
    Rep Power
    113
    Points
    39,737 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Looks like the Sylvari got a redesign


    Source - http://www.arena.net/blog/kristen-pe...ng-the-sylvari

  17. #17
    Elite Sage
    Thorzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    11,768
    Rep Power
    114
    Points
    52,023 (713 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    They look incredible. Definitely thinking about a Sylvari warrior.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

  18. #18
    Elite Sage
    Mael Duin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,743
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    14,485 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yep, most likely rolling sylvari necromancer now. And female sylvari.
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

  19. #19
    Forum Sage
    SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Age
    27
    Posts
    9,440
    Rep Power
    93
    Points
    9,268 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    This game is going to be so $#@!ing awesome. Seriously, it's the only MMO I can think of in recent memory that I want so badly.

    Thanks VENGEFUL_BLUR for the avatar and spyrde for the sig!

    Cogito ergo sum. - "I think, therefore I am."

  20. #20
    Master Sage
    HellsJester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Alone in the Cold
    Posts
    13,497
    Rep Power
    113
    Points
    39,737 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I found a unfinished but cool skill and trait calculator for guild wars 2 if anyone is interested.
    http://gw2.revgaming.net/Home/TraitsTool/

    I still cant decide if i want to be a Sylvari Ranger or Human Ranger.
    Last edited by HellsJester; 08-14-2011 at 04:55.

  21. #21
    Veteran
    unicron7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,761
    Rep Power
    79
    Points
    7,042 (0 Banked)
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    Looks to stomp WoW into the ground and it's free to play. I'm so tempted to update my PC in order to play this. Haven't PC gamed in about 3 years.


    I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

  22. #22
    Master Poster
    TheBreezyBB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Qatar
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,475
    Rep Power
    85
    Points
    18,170 (0 Banked)
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    I'm a long time GW player. I can't wait for 2, it's going to steal my life away!!




  23. #23
    Master Sage
    HellsJester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Alone in the Cold
    Posts
    13,497
    Rep Power
    113
    Points
    39,737 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    We should all try to get on the same server and play together.

  24. #24
    Veteran
    RyanGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,822
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    23,928 (615,000 Banked)
    Man, I was looking so forward to GW2 then got caught up in real life stuff so I never was able to get it.

    Now, I'm thinking of getting a new comp and possibly GW2. Anybody in here playing it? If so, how do you like it...is it better than GW1?

  25. #25
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    328 (0 Banked)
    I didn't played it, but a lot of my friend recommended me it. They say that GW2 is much better. I watch gameplays on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFpiRl8xguc and it really looks nice.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.