Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101

Dissapointed with the sharpshooter

I saw it for really cheap (sharp + nav for 40 bucks) so I said, why not.

However, it is awkward. I tried to find the right position, but I just could not. The whole thing just seems like it was rushed and not tested enough(because it does not feel very comfortable).

I guess I am not used to it, even trying to get used to it is very painful. I don't want to have to stand up at all times while using it, but it seems like it works best that way.

When using it with killzone, X does nothing. They could have made it so that both X and O do melee attack or something.

Any ideas how much I could get for the sharpshooter at gamestop? Even 15 bucks would be more than enough.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I never play standing up. I have the SS propped up on a pillow by my waist. I wouldn't want to hold it up to my shoulder when gaming. Stick with it and try playing from the hip. Once the hand eye coordination gets a bit of practice it will feel natural. It's also important to play with the settings to find a control solution that suits you best.

X and O are reload (or jump) and melee. You need to check your settings or maybe the nav is broken.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    $15 is all you want?

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    FarCry4DragonAge3DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Apprentice

Well I like the sharpshooter it's very well done I played KZ3 at a friends using it and it worked well for me, perhaps you just need to get the hang of it more or if you decide to sell it I'm sure many people will enjoy it because it was pretty cool I thought and that's my opinion.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost_rhayne View Post
    I never play standing up. I have the SS propped up on a pillow by my waist. I wouldn't want to hold it up to my shoulder when gaming. Stick with it and try playing from the hip. Once the hand eye coordination gets a bit of practice it will feel natural. It's also important to play with the settings to find a control solution that suits you best.

X and O are reload (or jump) and melee. You need to check your settings or maybe the nav is broken.
    I see no point in using X to reload since the thing has really good way to reload already.

Anyway, I think my problem is that my TV is elevated pretty high and because of that, I have to point up a lot. I also can't seem to find the best place for the camera. I can either place it on top of the TV, or like half a meter under the TV.

Also I can't seem to find the right balance for turning speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    $15 is all you want?
    Well, when I do the math, the sharpshooter was only 10 bucks with the nav, so I saved like 20 bucks. So 15 would even make me a profit.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    i found it much better if you stood up when using it

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator 101 View Post
    I saw it for really cheap (sharp + nav for 40 bucks) so I said, why not.

However, it is awkward. I tried to find the right position, but I just could not. The whole thing just seems like it was rushed and not tested enough(because it does not feel very comfortable).

I guess I am not used to it, even trying to get used to it is very painful. I don't want to have to stand up at all times while using it, but it seems like it works best that way.

When using it with killzone, X does nothing. They could have made it so that both X and O do melee attack or something.

Any ideas how much I could get for the sharpshooter at gamestop? Even 15 bucks would be more than enough.
    Agree. I do not like it, handgun design with digital fire would be much better option for me. And not having mini USB ports for recharge is pain in the ass.

It hasn't lived up to my expectations, that's for sure. I recently bought a bundle (Move kit, plus Resistance 3) since it was a wicked price, and I haven't gotten around to figuring it out completely. I agree that it's better to stand up to play... but it's just hard to get used to. It might also depend on the person; I like it, but like I said, there are expectations it has yet to live up to. My boyfriend, on the other hand, thinks it's amazing, and is a natural with it.
    There are definitely some improvements that could be made.
    Last edited by thelovelyassassin; 09-20-2011 at 04:21.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by thelovelyassassin View Post
    It hasn't lived up to my expectations, that's for sure. I recently bought a bundle (Move kit, plus Resistance 3) since it was a wicked price, and I haven't gotten around to figuring it out completely. I agree that it's better to stand up to play... but it's just hard to get used to. It might also depend on the person; I like it, but like I said, there are expectations it has yet to live up to. My boyfriend, on the other hand, thinks it's amazing, and is a natural with it.
    There are definitely some improvements that could be made.
    Welcome to the forums lovely . It is a matter of practice with the Sharpshooter. It's a different kind of hand eye coordination and it can take awhile to develop. What is also REALLY important is that you examine the Move settings and find a sensitivity, turn speed and dead zone that feels right for you. People who play with the pre set Move options are going to have a hard time. Personally I don't like playing R3 with a DS3,I am WAY better with the Move and Sharpshooter. I play sitting down, like this (lol)

With a cushion between me and my knees, to prop the SS on. I have tried many different ways of playing and this was the most comfortable for me.

Welcome to the forums lovely . It is a matter of practice with the Sharpshooter. It's a different kind of hand eye coordination and it can take awhile to develop. What is also REALLY important is that you examine the Move settings and find a sensitivity, turn speed and dead zone that feels right for you. People who play with the pre set Move options are going to have a hard time. Personally I don't like playing R3 with a DS3,I am WAY better with the Move and Sharpshooter. I play sitting down, like this (lol). With a cushion between me and my knees, to prop the SS on. I have tried many different ways of playing and this was the most comfortable for me.
    Haha, why thank you. Yes, it does just take practice, and finding the most comfortable position. I find it a bit awkward to sit when I use the sharpshooter; I don't know, I'm used to shooting rifles, so it isn't all that terrible of a position for me, standing up. But I'll definitely try to the way you sit, it looks like it could work- plus, you seem to get some extra stability.
    I do have to play with the settings a bit more; I've been testing out different ones, since when I had first tried playing (with the original settings), I had a hell of a time.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Haha, why thank you. Yes, it does just take practice, and finding the most comfortable position. I find it a bit awkward to sit when I use the sharpshooter; I don't know, I'm used to shooting rifles, so it isn't all that terrible of a position for me, standing up. But I'll definitely try to the way you sit, it looks like it could work- plus, you seem to get some extra stability.
    I do have to play with the settings a bit more; I've been testing out different ones, since when I had first tried playing (with the original settings), I had a hell of a time.
    Excellent. Yeah the way I play may or may not work for you, but if you dont want to be holding your arms up while gaming its great. As for the settings, I like it very responsive so I usually have the dead zone at 0 or there abouts and the sensitivity and turn speed quite high. I am glad you are enjoying it more now. Many people have bought the Move and SS and have stated they regret it, and that it doesnt feel right, which is fair enough but also a shame. For some it just wont click, but I get the feeling that with others they just needed to stick with it abit longer. I dont know what it is about this device that I enjoy so much. I think it is the accuracy, and the fact that you pull a trigger to fire.

Excellent. Yeah the way I play may or may not work for you, but if you dont want to be holding your arms up while gaming its great. As for the settings, I like it very responsive so I usually have the dead zone at 0 or there abouts and the sensitivity and turn speed quite high. I am glad you are enjoying it more now. Many people have bought the Move and SS and have stated they regret it, and that it doesnt feel right, which is fair enough but also a shame. For some it just wont click, but I get the feeling that with others they just needed to stick with it abit longer. I dont know what it is about this device that I enjoy so much. I think it is the accuracy, and the fact that you pull a trigger to fire.
    Well, as I said, I will definitely give it a try. I'm not too keen on the high speed yet, I keep it somewhere in the middle until I get used to the SS in it's entirety. It's a bit slow, I will admit, so I'll be upping it soon.
    I still love the concept of the sharpshooter, so I'm not about to give it up. As for those who regret buying it, it really is a shame; all in all, the Move's got a pretty good system going with the sharp and such, and it merely takes practice and getting used to. To me, since I play standing up as if I were shooting an actual rifle, so I don't get the whole 'It doesn't feel right' thing. But I can see how it is sort of a personal preference thing.
    Definitely the ability to pull a trigger and fire, in my opinion. The accuracy is a plus

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Well, as I said, I will definitely give it a try. I'm not too keen on the high speed yet, I keep it somewhere in the middle until I get used to the SS in it's entirety. It's a bit slow, I will admit, so I'll be upping it soon.
    I still love the concept of the sharpshooter, so I'm not about to give it up. As for those who regret buying it, it really is a shame; all in all, the Move's got a pretty good system going with the sharp and such, and it merely takes practice and getting used to. To me, since I play standing up as if I were shooting an actual rifle, so I don't get the whole 'It doesn't feel right' thing. But I can see how it is sort of a personal preference thing.
    Definitely the ability to pull a trigger and fire, in my opinion. The accuracy is a plus
    Yeah, it is personal preference, but I am always really glad to come across people who like it, and/or stick with it and see how cool it can be. When I first used it with Killzone 3 I was blown away. The thought of using a DS3 for FPS games was cringe worthy for me. I remember thinking, "Ohhh $#@!, do I have to play Bioshock with a DS3? ", I was heavy hearted from this thought haha, so you can imagine why Ken Levines arrival on the Sony E3 conference blew my mind.

This is what he said in that interview.

"I'd never want to throw in Move support just because it's going to make some first party happy or because some marketing department wants it on the box because, at the end of the day, gamers know," said Levine.

"If you don't have anything special to say about that control device gamers are going to know.

"Do you want to play BioShock and it's like, 'OK, do you want to harvest or save Little Sister? Waggle left to harvest, waggle right to save!' You can have Move support on your box but people are going to know you're cheating them."

Levine seemed a little more optimistic on the topic of 3D gaming, however, though wouldn’t outright confirm whether or not BioShock Infinite would support the tech.

"3D is a little bit different," he said. "It's something I'd be more open to. I'm not saying whether we're doing that or not but it's sort of a passive integration.

"Unlike movies, you don't just shoot it differently. Games are 3D. But I think if you're going to get out, front and centre on something, you have to be able to say you're doing something special with it. Especially with a control device."
    I remember reading that and thinking "$#@! you Ken! That's bull$#@!, ignorant asshole!". But then he pulled the E3 surprise and it was the highlight of Sonys show for me. Just look at the Bioshock Infinite demo and imagine playing this with Move, ESPECIALLY on the sky rails *nerdgasm*

Move and 3D...YES!

El Presidente
    Well if it isn't too roughed up, looks good and all the buttons and function and such work you could probably get $30 for it. I've traded things in at Gamestop before thinking it won't but worth much, yet you'd be surprised.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Yeah, it is personal preference, but I am always really glad to come across people who like it, and/or stick with it and see how cool it can be. When I first used it with Killzone 3 I was blown away. The thought of using a DS3 for FPS games was cringe worthy for me. I remember thinking, "Ohhh $#@!, do I have to play Bioshock with a DS3? ", I was heavy hearted from this thought haha, so you can imagine why Ken Levines arrival on the Sony E3 conference blew my mind.
    Bioshock... on Move *and* in 3D? Shiiiiiit, that would definitely be something.
    Move and 3D...YES!
    Yeah, it isn't too often I stumble open people who enjoy, let alone own, the SS. The PS3 minority where I am doesn't help, but everyone's blown away when I tell them I've got the sharp. They all try it, and they're like 'Meh. It's alright'. Alright?! You physically shoot things! I find that a little better than 'alright'. Which reinforces the whole 'personal preference' point.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Yeah, it isn't too often I stumble open people who enjoy, let alone own, the SS. The PS3 minority where I am doesn't help, but everyone's blown away when I tell them I've got the sharp. They all try it, and they're like 'Meh. It's alright'. Alright?! You physically shoot things! I find that a little better than 'alright'. Which reinforces the whole 'personal preference' point.
    Yeah, I understand. There are one or two others on the board that I know are into SS, but for the most part I haven't detected alot of enthusiasm for Move, let alone SS. You should check out Killzone 3 too. Also, the PSN release Dead Space Extraction is cool. Its an on rails shooter for the series but I still enjoy it.

Yeah, I understand. There are one or two others on the board that I know are into SS, but for the most part I haven't detected alot of enthusiasm for Move, let alone SS. You should check out Killzone 3 too. Also, the PSN release Dead Space Extraction is cool. Its an on rails shooter for the series but I still enjoy it.
    Hm, that's really unfortunate. I mean, it's not that bad when you're used to it- it's rather $#@!ing awesome, if I do say so myself. Maybe people think the movement technology is played out? What with the Wii and Kinect... But didn't PlayStation have the EyeToy back in the day? I'm not sure if that's like... 'the pioneer' of the motion technologies for major platforms, but it could have been (my facts could be completely wrong... I'm not all that sure :P).
    Killzone is going to be one of my next purchases; the whole reason I bought Move and the SS was to play Killzone- the bundle coming with Resistance 3 was a bonus. Oh man, so many games I need to get my hands on, eventually...

Damn computer -_- Double posted...

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Hm, that's really unfortunate. I mean, it's not that bad when you're used to it- it's rather $#@!ing awesome, if I do say so myself. Maybe people think the movement technology is played out? What with the Wii and Kinect... But didn't PlayStation have the EyeToy back in the day? I'm not sure if that's like... 'the pioneer' of the motion technologies for major platforms, but it could have been (my facts could be completely wrong... I'm not all that sure :P).
    Killzone is going to be one of my next purchases; the whole reason I bought Move and the SS was to play Killzone- the bundle coming with Resistance 3 was a bonus. Oh man, so many games I need to get my hands on, eventually...
    It's by no means played out, as anyone whose into Move can tell. It still has a lot potential. I think Sony were the pioneers of motion controls that we see today. Everyone gives them $#@! about copying Wii, when really Sony were already researching and experimenting with a prototype of the Move back in 2001 while Nintendo were still trying to figure out what their console would be/do. Nintendo released the tech first but it's amusing when people call it a copy of the Wii. Move offers everything that other motion control systems cant, accuracy and button inputs.

It is getting alot of love especially in the FPS genre. With KZ3 and Resistance 3 already, and Dust 514, Bioshock Infinite and Counter Strike to come.

Thread Information