Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member

What console do you buy multiplatform titles on?

(Only multiplatform owners invited)

By default i keep them on 360 like 7-8 times out of 10, unless i find a graphical advantage to the ps3 version, which is rather less. Couple them with the better controller that 360 has for most franchises and the forced hdd installs that many ps3 games require, 360 is mostly the way i go . Like im certainly going to get BF3 on 360.
    What about you?

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    PC.

Dedicated Member
    is pc a console? read the thread title.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Oh here we go.

If theere is hardly much difference (as is the case *mostly*) I tend to get games on the PS3 mainly because it is my console of choice and I prefer trophys (been a $#@! for them and achievementpoints lately lol). Having said that, when there is a gulf in difference between the two, I would without hesitation get it for my 360

Simple really. I don't get multiconsole owners that favour one console or the other. Makes me wonder why they purchased both to begin with xP I love my 360 despite preferring my PS3

Edit: Oh and abou the mandatory install - I dont really get what the prob with that is, as whenever I get a 360 game, first thing I do is install it. Yes I have 250gb to work with but even if I had lower I would just delete a game I dont or hardly play and accomodate my new game - It's so much better when installed, despite being optional. Wish ps3 had that feature to install games fully
    Last edited by Nitey; 08-09-2011 at 22:43.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Edit: Double trouble!

Super Elite
    You invited multiplatform owners and yet don't want many to post?
    if I am in the PS3 or 360 section I will NOT post about the competitor just to please people, if you want to know what I think about the competitor link me to a thread in the appropriate section

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Whichever system the game is better on. Weighing content with performance as well. I bought FFXIII and SFIV on PS3.

Apprentice
    Who the hell cares? Why do I feel like I read a thread like this every week? Whatever system you prefer, you get multiplatform games for that system.

Arthur Spooner
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Whichever system the game is better on. Weighing content with performance as well. I bought FFXIII and SFIV on PS3.
    This. And if they're both the same then it comes down to whichever controller is best suited for the game. The last multipat I bought was Mortal Kombat which I obviously got on PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by alkalinesi View Post
    Who the hell cares? Why do I feel like I read a thread like this every week? Whatever system you prefer, you get multiplatform games for that system.
    Does it really matter? It's better than the other crap posted on this board. I mean come on, which color controller do you use? So lame.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    is pc a console? read the thread title.
    I don't buy multi platform games on console I buy them on PC what's so bad about that. You asked I answered, dont liek it Don't make stupid threads.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    yes fighters the ps3 controller is a little better..i got sf4 and mortal kombat on ps3. but shooters and wrpg's on 360 all the way. The two multiplats i want this year- bf3 and skyrim both shall be on 360.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    (Only multiplatform owners invited)By default i keep them on 360 like 7-8 times out of 10, unless i find a graphical advantage to the ps3 version, which is rather less. Couple them with the better controller that 360 has for most franchises and the forced hdd installs that many ps3 games require, 360 is mostly the way i go . Like im certainly going to get BF3 on 360.What about you?
    Exactly the same for me for pretty much the same reasons.

Veteran
    There is an Other/Multi Platform subtopic below and this is where this should be moved.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Well right now, PS3, since that's my only one. But it will soon be PC.

Currently Playing: Battlefield 3, Mass Effect 3, Ghost Recon Future Soldier Beta, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Wipeout 2048, Rayman Origins (Vita), Resident Evil 4 HD

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alkalinesi View Post
    What if you dont have a preference for a console and just want the better looking and better playing version of the game? I see the graphics comparison on LoT or DF to decide. the 360 definitely comes out on top more often but ps3 does get a better version sometimes. ps3 has improved in the multiplat department compared to say 2008 when most multiplats were better on 360.
    Last edited by rene2kx; 08-09-2011 at 23:59.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    I tend to get mine on the 360 unless its better on the PS3 which is pretty rare. Also because I really don't like the DS3 design and I prefer the feel of the 360 one.

Master Guru
    I buy most of my multiplat games on the PS3 since it's my console of choice. For the most part though i'll buy games for whichever console i feel like playing on. I have more friends who game on the 360 so that will lead me to get a multiplat on the 360 at times. Sometimes i even buy the same game on both to play with friends or just because i want to play through the game again for the trophies or achievements.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I tend to get mine on the 360 unless its better on the PS3 which is pretty rare. Also because I really don't like the DS3 design and I prefer the feel of the 360 one.
    which is just what i said.

However, i realize this thread is better moved to the 360/multi-platform section of this forum. here it may turn into a fanboy fest. some mod plz move this thread.

Elite Sage
    PC mainly.

When it came to the two consoles i'd get it on whatever it was better on. Sometimes Xbl vs Psn and the amount of friends i had on either console also played a big part

Apprentice

PS 4ever

Been a Sony diehard since original launched with sf alpha. As a matter of fact I only got a 360 for exclusives like gears,halo and l4d. not a fanboy never argue over whos better but I will always love my playstation. I have noticed the 360 controller is more fun to play shooters on but i dont play many shooters and they make a usb converter to use your 360 controller on ps3 so reaffirms my choice
    Last edited by semnus313; 08-09-2011 at 23:54. Reason: more to say
    PSN:LS7Knightmare

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    PS3 is my primary, so I get em all on that. been a few cases I get em on PC (mafia 2 for instance), or 360 (Rid$#@!, and a few others)

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    FarCry4DragonAge3DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Ancient
    I don't tend to worry or think about it, if I did it'll be PC all the time, I mean the PC is more then likely the best looking version & is cheaper definitely wouldn't be the Wii version.
    but yeah I worry or bother I just go to the PS3 section and buy the bloody game, it's not like the 16-32-bit era when there was a difference.

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Veteran
    I buy most of my multiplats on PS3. With the free online and the ease of connecting with my friends, it is sort of a no brainer.

However when I want to get that superior graphics punch and online play is not really involved then I will buy them on PC. Higher frame rate, better textures, the whole kit'n caboodle.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    PS3..I only have a PS3 and have no need for anything else.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Veteran
    Items Dark Souls CoverMuseSteam
    I just bought a 360 and I have a feeling I will be buying most multiplats on the PS3. I really can't stand the 360 controller. The analogue sticks are so stiff compared to the dualshock. I just can't get a fluid movement out of them. And I don't understand the whole 'economical' argument.

Also, I got the 4gb version and I have a 500gb hard drive for my PS3. So that's another reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Birbiglia
    Why would you go talk about computers when you could stay here and go skiing and your skis will be french toast sticks!

Thread Information