Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 414 ... LastLast
Results 326 to 350 of 387

Thread: Slow site

  1. #326
    overstepping the mark
    -Shafty-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Age
    40
    Posts
    8,443
    Rep Power
    133
    Points
    39,140 (10,700 Banked)
    Items User name style
    ban the non-believers B!


    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

  2. Likes Agriel likes this post
  3. #327
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,122
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    147,835 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I definitely don't think it's an attack, I already ruled that out on my own.




  4. #328
    Ultimate Veteran
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Slime Hill
    Age
    23
    Posts
    22,638
    Rep Power
    192
    Points
    11,557 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I accept that I could be completely wrong.
    Hahahahaha!!!
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 12-17-2011 at 23:26.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

    Do you love GTA? Check out my general discussion thread here!

  5. #329
    Elite Guru
    *goo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,282
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    32,245 (0 Banked)
    That's funny because...

  6. Likes Agriel likes this post
  7. #330
    Ultimate Veteran
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Slime Hill
    Age
    23
    Posts
    22,638
    Rep Power
    192
    Points
    11,557 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    That's funny because...
    Because I never thought I'd read those words from F34R.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

    Do you love GTA? Check out my general discussion thread here!

  8. Likes Agriel , VintageElise likes this post
  9. #331
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,122
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    147,835 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Because I never thought I'd read those words from F34R.
    ROFL. All jokes aside, I've never been wrong, so this is new territory for me.




  10. Likes Agriel likes this post
  11. #332
    Administrator
    Mr.Bishop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Montreal
    Age
    35
    Posts
    718
    Rep Power
    41
    Points
    6,438 (0 Banked)
    Thanks for the confidence dc89!

    I honestly want everyone to know that we're here and working hard for you guys. We believe in this place, and are here to keep it running.

    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I don't want anything out of this.. I'm just discussing a topic lol. I don't have any agenda or hidden motives, etc. I accept that I could be completely wrong. However, with the statement you made that you had to investigate it, means I could also be completely right.

    edit:

    No one is jumping down your throat bro.
    Derp... you are bro.

    You are wrong... I had to investigate it then I found out the truth.... which I explained and therefore I know exactly what caused this. So unless you believe what I laid out when I explained what was causing this... you are 100% incorrect and just being difficult.

    You're not discussing either... you're not listening or saying anything... just being difficult.

    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I definitely don't think it's an attack, I already ruled that out on my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Hahahahaha!!!
    So come on... what possible explanation do you have? I'd absolutely love to hear this if for nothing other than the entertainment of hearing what kind of conspiracy theory you could possibly cook up. It must be a doozy.

  12. #333
    Ultimate Veteran
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Slime Hill
    Age
    23
    Posts
    22,638
    Rep Power
    192
    Points
    11,557 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Well, I have no reason to doubt Mr. Bishop. Our previous site-owner (Seb a.k.a. Morpheus, if I remember correctly) rarely attended to PSU's problems.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

    Do you love GTA? Check out my general discussion thread here!

  13. #334
    Earthbound
    dc89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Taking my seat at the Fancy Pets Council
    Age
    25
    Posts
    15,674
    Rep Power
    110
    Points
    2,210 (72 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Exactly.

    Im just gonna get this out and then I can personally draw a line under it.

    I PM'D my own theory to Mr B. he squashed it like a bug and explained its technically impossible. I trust Mr B, he owns the site (or is the voice of the owner, can't remember which) And I volunteer to moderate his site. I don't have to, but I enjoy doing it. So why would I not trust what he has told me?

    I suggest anyone who has a theory to Pm Mr B and he will explain and reassure you, like he did to me. then you can move on too and go post about video games, the reason we are all here.

    End transmission.

    <3
    Last edited by dc89; 12-17-2011 at 23:41.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

  14. Likes Metal King Slime, Agriel likes this post
  15. #335
    Administrator
    Mr.Bishop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Montreal
    Age
    35
    Posts
    718
    Rep Power
    41
    Points
    6,438 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    Exactly.

    Im just gonna get this out and then I can personally draw a line under it.

    I PM'D my own theory to Mr B. he squashed it like a bug and explained its technically impossible. I trust Mr B, he owns the site (or is the voice of the owner, can't remember which) And I volunteer to moderate his site. I don't have to, but I enjoy doing it. So why would I not trust what he has told me?

    I suggest anyone who has a theory to Pm Mr B and he will explain and reassure you, like he did to me. then you can move on too and go post about video games, the reason we areal here.

    End transmission.

    <3
    Yeah man thanks!

    I'm absolutely willing to explain anything to anyone... if you don't want to air it out in public, hit me up on PM or over email.

    I'm the voice of the owners on a point of technicality. Though, I have full authority to manage the site how I wish.

  16. #336
    overstepping the mark
    -Shafty-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Age
    40
    Posts
    8,443
    Rep Power
    133
    Points
    39,140 (10,700 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    Exactly.

    Im just gonna get this out and then I can personally draw a line under it.

    I PM'D my own theory to Mr B. he squashed it like a bug and explained its technically impossible. I trust Mr B, he owns the site (or is the voice of the owner, can't remember which) And I volunteer to moderate his site. I don't have to, but I enjoy doing it. So why would I not trust what he has told me?

    I suggest anyone who has a theory to Pm Mr B and he will explain and reassure you, like he did to me. then you can move on too and go post about video games, the reason we are all here.

    End transmission.

    <3
    Moar mind control??!!!



    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

  17. #337
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,122
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    147,835 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    B

    I don't know why its important to you but to keep the peace I'll just agree with you. I'll pm you.




  18. #338
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,951
    Rep Power
    161
    Points
    70,956 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    This argument would have all been prevented if Seb was still our owner.


  19. #339
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,122
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    147,835 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    This argument would have all been prevented if Seb was still our owner.

    Lol. Too funny.




  20. #340
    Administrator
    Mr.Bishop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Montreal
    Age
    35
    Posts
    718
    Rep Power
    41
    Points
    6,438 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    B

    I don't know why its important to you but to keep the peace I'll just agree with you. I'll pm you.
    Please do!

    This discussion is important to me because I want to give 100% faith that we are addressing issues. When you go out of your way to just say "I'll agree with you to keep the peace" that means you are saying you think something else is happening.

    You are wrong, and I have given you an explanation as to the exact truth of what is happening. If you have alternate theories, show them to me so I can help show why those theories are not true. You may bow out of this conversation by either staying silent, or admitting that I have finally shown you proper evidence to prove my claim.

    I do not want anyone to see this conversation and think that we're doing anything but being 100% honest with the PSU community. That is very important to me. We are trying to address issues and move forwards, and without some trust and faith in our work - we'll always spiral out of control into ridiculous discussions like this.

  21. #341
    Elite Member
    gangsta_795's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Age
    17
    Posts
    1,911
    Rep Power
    34
    Points
    1,642 (0 Banked)
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bishop View Post
    Please do!

    This discussion is important to me because I want to give 100% faith that we are addressing issues. When you go out of your way to just say "I'll agree with you to keep the peace" that means you are saying you think something else is happening.

    You are wrong, and I have given you an explanation as to the exact truth of what is happening. If you have alternate theories, show them to me so I can help show why those theories are not true. You may bow out of this conversation by either staying silent, or admitting that I have finally shown you proper evidence to prove my claim.

    I do not want anyone to see this conversation and think that we're doing anything but being 100% honest with the PSU community. That is very important to me. We are trying to address issues and move forwards, and without some trust and faith in our work - we'll always spiral out of control into ridiculous discussions like this.
    You're doing just that. We know you guys will get it fixed.
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!


  22. #342
    overstepping the mark
    -Shafty-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Age
    40
    Posts
    8,443
    Rep Power
    133
    Points
    39,140 (10,700 Banked)
    Items User name style
    This should be interesting, proving F34R wrong. He is never wrong.


    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

  23. #343
    Forum Sage
    Agriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Age
    35
    Posts
    9,377
    Rep Power
    96
    Points
    13,987 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by T0PGUN View Post
    This should be interesting, proving F34R wrong. He is never wrong.
    Correction, he will never admit to being wrong, the best you can hope from him is that he tries to get you to agree that you are BOTH wrong, but he was right about part of it lol


  24. Likes Ixion , -Shafty- likes this post
  25. #344
    overstepping the mark
    -Shafty-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Age
    40
    Posts
    8,443
    Rep Power
    133
    Points
    39,140 (10,700 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Im glad you wrote that and not me Ag

    but yeah, 100% correct haha


    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

  26. #345
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,122
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    147,835 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bishop View Post
    Please do!

    This discussion is important to me because I want to give 100% faith that we are addressing issues. When you go out of your way to just say "I'll agree with you to keep the peace" that means you are saying you think something else is happening.

    You are wrong, and I have given you an explanation as to the exact truth of what is happening. If you have alternate theories, show them to me so I can help show why those theories are not true. You may bow out of this conversation by either staying silent, or admitting that I have finally shown you proper evidence to prove my claim.

    I do not want anyone to see this conversation and think that we're doing anything but being 100% honest with the PSU community. That is very important to me. We are trying to address issues and move forwards, and without some trust and faith in our work - we'll always spiral out of control into ridiculous discussions like this.
    I already PM'd you. Let it go already, I tried to bow out, but people either keep replying to me, or bringing my name back into. Quite replying to me, and the others can stop bringing it up, and I'll be glad to stay silent.
    Would you like for me to climb atop a building and shout that you're right, then upload that to youtube?
    Quote Originally Posted by T0PGUN View Post
    This should be interesting, proving F34R wrong. He is never wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agriel View Post
    Correction, he will never admit to being wrong, the best you can hope from him is that he tries to get you to agree that you are BOTH wrong, but he was right about part of it lol
    Too much jelly in the thread. I've moved on. Mr. B has proven me wrong.




  27. #346
    overstepping the mark
    -Shafty-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Age
    40
    Posts
    8,443
    Rep Power
    133
    Points
    39,140 (10,700 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Just say "Ok, i was wrong" F34R


    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

  28. #347
    Veteran
    Bligmerk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,415
    Rep Power
    97
    Points
    21,947 (0 Banked)
    This situation with this site slowing down to almost crashing intermittently has been going on for years, at least 4 that I can remember. I remember some of the early ones and they were explainable. There was the launch of the PS3 and this site was absolutely jammed with people trying to get pre-orders, where it was best to camp out, which stores had stock left. Then during E3, it would jam up. It would again jam up for TGS.

    The difference here was those times could be associated with specific events. Now, with the slowdowns this past year, there are multiple reasons being given by the people running this place and they have no consistency and don't make rational sense if all the explanations are viewed at the same time. The slowdown that started this thread sure looked like a DDoS because the usual number of active connections was going above 5000 when it had normally settled down to well below 1000, usually not getting over 500.

    The explanation that it was a stress test doesn't make any sense. Anybody that has hung around here long enough knows this site can't handle more than about 2000 to 3000 active connections. This has been known and obvious for many years, why keep doing stress tests to prove the same thing over and over without actually having changed the infrastructure?

    Further up this thread, Mr. Bishop said it *definitely* is not bots, they are absolutely sure. In fact, the statement at the time was that a "fortuitous set of circumstances" was resulting in the higher traffic. And at the time, the registered user numbers were clicking steadily upward. Suddenly, the active numbers dropped back to the new normal, and the registered user numbers started clicking back down, obviously bogus accounts being deactivated.

    Now, we have even another explanation that "redirects" are occurring from some ambiguous site periodically at night. Now wait a second. That is how DDoS works, using redirects to pummel a site into crashing. And a DDoS isn't necessarily a full scale DDoS, it may be a stress test on its own to find out how many active connections it takes to bring down the site. The whole point is to quantify and catalog vulnerabilities, to launch a full attack when the time comes.

    It doesn't matter to me what the real reason is, just that every time it happens, it is a disincentive for active interest in the site.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

  29. #348
    Administrator
    Mr.Bishop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Montreal
    Age
    35
    Posts
    718
    Rep Power
    41
    Points
    6,438 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I already PM'd you. Let it go already, I tried to bow out, but people either keep replying to me, or bringing my name back into. Quite replying to me, and the others can stop bringing it up, and I'll be glad to stay silent.
    Good, hopefully we can have a reasonable and intelligent discussion over PM. I will drag this discussion on to the end of eternity until you actually believe that I am telling you the truth. Like the engergizer bunny I'm going to $#@!ing go and go and go and go. I will not have untrue rumours existing in people's minds - forget winning an argument.


    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Would you like for me to climb atop a building and shout that you're right, then upload that to youtube?
    Well yeah that would be great. What I really want is for you to actually believe me though, and again I hope we can sort this out better over PM. If you have other serious issues, lets talk about those but in terms of this thread.... the slow site is being caused by the reasons I have laid out and that is the end of it.


    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Too much jelly in the thread. I've moved on. Mr. B has proven me wrong.
    I'll move on too, and thanks if you do mean this. If you don't, lets keep going.

  30. #349
    Dat Guy
    Chille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your House.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,123
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    1,186 (1,060,841 Banked)
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Ok to stop the conspiracys im gonna use my power of thread killing and just post here now

    you owe me one :3



    Thank you itachi

  31. #350
    Master Guru
    darky89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the bushes.
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,217
    Rep Power
    97
    Points
    104,916 (0 Banked)
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    Ok to stop the conspiracys im gonna use my power of thread killing and just post here now

    you owe me one :3
    I'm posting just to spite you.



    Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.