Latest PSU headlines:

Extreme Poster
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

MGS Peace Walker: This is how storytelling should be in video games.

What I meant in my title is that most games aren't really about what they should be. They start out and they don't grab you right away. Very few games do and sometimes they only attract you for a little while.

Dare I say that it's the best MGS game since...MGS2? I'd say even the 3rd one didn't grab my attention like the 1st and especially the 2nd one did. This is, without a doubt, Kojima's true MGS game.

The game's not winning any oscars but it should win a bunch of gaming awards for storytelling and voice acting. It is still a game and so I can't judge it against movies (two different markets with different budgets and entertainment materials) but I'd say it's doing a better job than any of the recent action movies I've seen. Kojima kept the story simple and to the point, something he had been missing since the 2nd game.

Granted, I'm going to sound like a hypocrite when I say that I've only played it for 30 minutes or so...maybe the game won't keep my interest after a while, however, whatever I did play, most of it were cutscenes and they were done really really well and I was sucked in for some reason, and that hasn't happened since the first game and hadn't happened since then with any other game.

I completely love the comic book art...but it's the way he executes it, is what makes it amazing. In fact, I don't know why he doesn't do the comic-like cutscenes more often to begin with? I'm thinking it must be because people expect too much nowadays and don't care about artistic style anymore. Sad really.

The controls in the game were surprisingly well done, I like them more than MGS4 (weird right?) and the game is more strategic, unlike MGS4 which is more of an action game, again, something I think Kojima didn't want but had to do it to wow the audience. I think that's why I didn't like MGS4...it didn't have an identity...what is it trying to be? An action game? Or a strategy one? Because it had both elements.

If it's a strategy game then why are you allowing me to shoot everyone so easily? I literally ran through MGS4, without much strategy because if you shoot the enemies accurately, you're pretty much on top of the food chain.

I don't wanna rush through PW because I need a game to play when I can't be on my PS3. Though I'm happy to finally dive into the game, I did love the demo but just didn't have time to check out the game. Glad I did.

Probably the best PSP game I've played so far. Was gonna sell that thing so long ago, guess I'll hold onto it a bit longer.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I played the demo and it didn't really grab me like the other MGSs...I think this is more to do with it being on the PSP though. I'll probably play it on my PS3 when the collection comes out.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    MGS:PW is easily one of the most interesting and diverse MGS experiences.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I agree Sufi. PeaceWalker is one of the best games I've ever played. Dude if you enjoyed the first 30 minutes then I urge you to keep playing this game, it's absolutely stunning. It just flows so well and I agree that it's almost 'back to its roots' with how its not so run and gun which MGS4 -could- be played like and though the control scheme on the PSP doesnt really allow it to be so overly crazyaction just the overall design of the game encourages stealth action and tactile movement which is what MGS is all about and ofcourse very intense at some parts.. Used to put headphones on and play it, you literally forget youre playing on a handheld - its got super high production value for what is just a handheld game on what people decribe a 'failed platform' lol

It only gets better and better! Definitely my favourite PSP game of all time, hats off to Kojima it was just so well done - cant wait for the HD remake on PS3

Cant say enough how much I enjoyed this game!

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I agree Sufi. PeaceWalker is one of the best games I've ever played. Dude if you enjoyed the first 30 minutes then I urge you to keep playing this game, it's absolutely stunning. It just flows so well and I agree that it's almost 'back to its roots' with how its not so run and gun which MGS4 -could- be played like and though the control scheme on the PSP doesnt really allow it to be so overly crazyaction just the overall design of the game encourages stealth action and tactile movement which is what MGS is all about and ofcourse very intense at some parts.. Used to put headphones on and play it, you literally forget youre playing on a handheld - its got super high production value for what is just a handheld game on what people decribe a 'failed platform' lol

It only gets better and better! Definitely my favourite PSP game of all time, hats off to Kojima it was just so well done - cant wait for the HD remake on PS3

Cant say enough how much I enjoyed this game!

Superior Member
    i'll play it in the collection, to say if what you 2 say is true. I wanted to like the demo, but psp's controls were soo I couldn't do it.
    Ride or die Sony(Playstation) supporter since 12/25/1997 Currently playing: Mass Effect 3, NBA 2K14, Tomba,Battlefield 4,Warframe, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
    Holding down Turtle Power since 1991

Extreme Poster
    Good to see you guys agree with me. This is coming from a MGS4 hater lol, I thought the boss battles were as good as they used to be but the direction of the game was bad and the cutscenes were just horrible.

PW is amazing so far. Mo-green, definitely give it a shot with the collection...I thought the controls wouldn't work either but the thing is, the game is more like a strategy game so the lack of an extra thumbstick didn't bother me. I never felt the need. It's actually kind of cool that you have to get your shots that way...keeps the game less about action and more about tactics.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Final Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    I agree with what a lot is said. I don't own a psp, but I had the chance to play a decent amount of it. I also felt it went "back to its roots". Such a good story from what I've experienced and have enjoyed the comic like feel.

I'm glad there will be an HD remake, because I like many others have missed out on a truly great MGS title. Even just messing around is easy since it's broken up into missions. It's kinda addictive trying to build up your teams and get new equipment.

I didn't get a chance to play co-op, but I imagine that it would be a lot of fun. Seriously can't wait until the HD remake.

Thread Information