Latest PSU headlines:

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Twisted Metal Delay 'Totally Paying Off,' Out Valentine's Day

Twisted Metal may have been hit by an unwanted delay, but Eat Sleep Play's David Jaffe is assuring fans that it's "totally paying off," posting a rather romantic video on the PlayStation Blog while at the same time revealing the updated release date: Valentine's Day.

The game will hit the streets on February 14, 2012. Perfect for those gaming couples out there. In addition, Jaffe also teased a trailer for a new character. The full trailer will be out later this week so stay tuned for that.

http://www.gamingunion.net/news/twis...day--6214.html

Superior Member
    Delays are like second nature to the ps3. im sure ps3 owners would have got accustomed to it by now lol. Though the way this game was looking in the graphics department, it did look it needed more dev. time. When i first saw twisted metal footage for ps3, i seriously thought it lokked barely better than a ps2 game. I hope graphically the game can be spruced up with this delay because it's really lacking in that dept. atm.

PSU Executive Editor (US), Brosota, Platinumer
    A bit. But Jaffe knows how to make a good game.

Posted live from the R800x of BossSnake.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    It looked WAY better than a PS2 game at E3 2010, the only problem was the destruction of buildings needed a lot of work. I very much doubt there'll be a massive difference from E3 2011 when it releases, and these games have never been about graphics, it could look like a piece of **** on release but I'd still get addicted to the online because even the PS1 games looked horrible but millions still bought them because they were fun. I don't need a billion polygons to have a blast playing something like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    Delays are like second nature to the ps3. im sure ps3 owners would have got accustomed to it by now lol. Though the way this game was looking in the graphics department, it did look it needed more dev. time. When i first saw twisted metal footage for ps3, i seriously thought it lokked barely better than a ps2 game. I hope graphically the game can be spruced up with this delay because it's really lacking in that dept. atm.
    Yeah, I agree. It was definitely looking almost like a PS2 game in the graphics dept. I even remember reading an article where some of the gaming press were mentioning how poor the graphics looked. Also I think part of the reason for the delay is to avoid being overshadowed by the bigger and better games coming out during the holday season.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    It looked WAY better than a PS2 game at E3 2010, the only problem was the destruction of buildings needed a lot of work. I very much doubt there'll be a massive difference from E3 2011 when it releases, and these games have never been about graphics, it could look like a piece of **** on release but I'd still get addicted to the online because even the PS1 games looked horrible but millions still bought them because they were fun. I don't need a billion polygons to have a blast playing something like this.
    cannot agree with the first part. and the ps1 games relative to their time were good looking.

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Anyone who was really into TM back in the day should know that graphics don't mean JACK **** in this game.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost_rhayne View Post
    anyone who was really into tm back in the day should know that graphics don't mean jack **** in this game.
    abso-****ing-lutely

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Attachment 3312
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    cannot agree with the first part. and the ps1 games relative to their time were good looking.

Taking into account that this is from E3 2010 which was an early ass build to begin with, I think you need to go back and play your PS2 to remind yourself exactly what those graphics looked like, I would say the E3 2010 build was more Xbox 1.2ish.

As for TM on PS1, pretty much any PS1 game looked better than TM1, TM2 looked a bit better but it still didn't look as good as other PS1 games.
    Last edited by AaronSOLDIER; 08-26-2011 at 20:05.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Thread Information