Latest PSU headlines:

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,551
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    53,743 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    Twisted Metal Delay 'Totally Paying Off,' Out Valentine's Day

    Twisted Metal may have been hit by an unwanted delay, but Eat Sleep Play's David Jaffe is assuring fans that it's "totally paying off," posting a rather romantic video on the PlayStation Blog while at the same time revealing the updated release date: Valentine's Day.

    The game will hit the streets on February 14, 2012. Perfect for those gaming couples out there. In addition, Jaffe also teased a trailer for a new character. The full trailer will be out later this week so stay tuned for that.

    http://www.gamingunion.net/news/twis...day--6214.html

  2. #2
    Superior Member
    rene2kx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    728
    Rep Power
    26
    Points
    9,347 (0 Banked)
    Delays are like second nature to the ps3. im sure ps3 owners would have got accustomed to it by now lol. Though the way this game was looking in the graphics department, it did look it needed more dev. time. When i first saw twisted metal footage for ps3, i seriously thought it lokked barely better than a ps2 game. I hope graphically the game can be spruced up with this delay because it's really lacking in that dept. atm.

  3. #3
    PSU Executive Editor (US), Brosota, Platinumer
    Tim Nunes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In the Midwest.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,343
    Rep Power
    56
    Points
    23,819 (0 Banked)
    A bit. But Jaffe knows how to make a good game.

    Posted live from the R800x of BossSnake.

  4. #4
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    21
    Posts
    20,435
    Rep Power
    115
    Points
    61,108 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It looked WAY better than a PS2 game at E3 2010, the only problem was the destruction of buildings needed a lot of work. I very much doubt there'll be a massive difference from E3 2011 when it releases, and these games have never been about graphics, it could look like a piece of **** on release but I'd still get addicted to the online because even the PS1 games looked horrible but millions still bought them because they were fun. I don't need a billion polygons to have a blast playing something like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

    yay, next gen!

  5. #5
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,787
    Rep Power
    161
    Points
    155,805 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    Delays are like second nature to the ps3. im sure ps3 owners would have got accustomed to it by now lol. Though the way this game was looking in the graphics department, it did look it needed more dev. time. When i first saw twisted metal footage for ps3, i seriously thought it lokked barely better than a ps2 game. I hope graphically the game can be spruced up with this delay because it's really lacking in that dept. atm.
    Yeah, I agree. It was definitely looking almost like a PS2 game in the graphics dept. I even remember reading an article where some of the gaming press were mentioning how poor the graphics looked. Also I think part of the reason for the delay is to avoid being overshadowed by the bigger and better games coming out during the holday season.

  6. #6
    Superior Member
    rene2kx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    728
    Rep Power
    26
    Points
    9,347 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    It looked WAY better than a PS2 game at E3 2010, the only problem was the destruction of buildings needed a lot of work. I very much doubt there'll be a massive difference from E3 2011 when it releases, and these games have never been about graphics, it could look like a piece of **** on release but I'd still get addicted to the online because even the PS1 games looked horrible but millions still bought them because they were fun. I don't need a billion polygons to have a blast playing something like this.
    cannot agree with the first part. and the ps1 games relative to their time were good looking.

  7. #7
    PSU Community Manager
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,580
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    6,104,188 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Anyone who was really into TM back in the day should know that graphics don't mean JACK **** in this game.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

    THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST



  8. #8
    Master Guru
    Funeralfog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Camas, Washington USA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,543
    Rep Power
    62
    Points
    2,051 (0 Banked)
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost_rhayne View Post
    anyone who was really into tm back in the day should know that graphics don't mean jack **** in this game.
    abso-****ing-lutely


    Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

  9. #9
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    21
    Posts
    20,435
    Rep Power
    115
    Points
    61,108 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Attachment 3312
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    cannot agree with the first part. and the ps1 games relative to their time were good looking.




    Taking into account that this is from E3 2010 which was an early ass build to begin with, I think you need to go back and play your PS2 to remind yourself exactly what those graphics looked like, I would say the E3 2010 build was more Xbox 1.2ish.

    As for TM on PS1, pretty much any PS1 game looked better than TM1, TM2 looked a bit better but it still didn't look as good as other PS1 games.
    Last edited by AaronSOLDIER; 08-26-2011 at 20:05.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

    yay, next gen!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.