Page 1 of 5 1 ... LastLast

Petition to boycott ESV: Skyrim

http://www.vg247.com/2011/08/26/micr...or-skyrim-dlc/

This blasphemy should not go unpunished.

PSN users, RPG lovers, do your part and play Dark Souls instead of this garbage. Do not allow yourselves to be suckered into this nonsense, for it is clear that Bethesda are pushovers by Microsoft.

They've been crapping all over PS3 and Sony for 5 years now it's to take a stand.
    NapoleonM249

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Oh for $#@! sake, are you serious?? 2011 is the $#@!ing golden age of gaming with an unprecedented amount of AAA games raining down on us like a $#@! storm and people are still gonna get their panties in a bunch over a 30 day timed exclusivity deal. If MS need to claw for timed exclusives then let them. I'm buying both of these games. PS3 bleeds sweats and $#@!s exclusive content and we will get this DLC in due time so this is not really necessary IMHO $#@!es.

Ok I'm a bit drunk, excuse my french...bwahaa

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    who gives a $#@! about DLC?

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    This happens with every Bethesda game, its only 30 days who cares? I'll be waiting for the GOTY edition anyway.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Forum Sage
    wow MS has had this kind of deal set up with bethesda since fallout 3. Now the hate? i mean i know skyrim is probably gonna be game of the year but still. Sony has some great paid for exclusive dlc that they have sorted out with EA so whats the beef?? same with ubisoft too
    WII FRIEND CODE = 5509 0447 7406 7959

Dedicated Member
    In truth, I've decided to stop pre-ordering or buying Bethesda games on their release dates. The reason is by the time the DLC is released I normally have beaten the game and the extra content just seems superfluous. I know if the DLC was available prior to purchasing or at the point of purchase I would play it.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by vegan_mekey View Post
    In truth, I've decided to stop pre-ordering or buying Bethesda games on their release dates. The reason is by the time the DLC is released I normally have beaten the game and the extra content just seems superfluous. I know if the DLC was available prior to purchasing or at the point of purchase I would play it.
    Which is why I always wait, especially incase the game has any major game breaking bugs that have slipped through that need fixing within 1 or 2 weeks of release.

Superior Member
    Dark Souls and Skyrim are my two must have games no matter what. No way I'm going to boycott one of them because of a 30 day DLC exclusive. We will still get it AND Skyrim can easily take 300-400 hours of play time, so I doubt most of us will even care about the DLC for a few months anyways.

What really upsets me on the other end, is DLC is being released at the same time as the game. That always kind of makes me feel like I'm only buying 90% of the game while devs expect us to buy the other 10% separate.
    "Bigfoot is blurry, that is the problem...it is not the photographers fault...Bigfoot is blurry and that is extra scary to me because there is an extra large out-of-focus creature roaming the countryside....Run he's fuzzy, get out of here" ~ Mitch Hedburg, RIP you crazy fool

Forum Overseer
    I used to be pissed off but I realized I don't buy DLC anyway...so doesn't matter to me. I'm still getting this game.

People need to stop being pussies honestly.

Master Poster
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Google ChromeDiceGoogle ChromeBattlefield 3Christian Bale
    I am so butthurt about this.

Sandy Claws
    This is a little extreme, no? It's just DLC. It means even less considering that you probably won't even beat the game by the time the DLC releases. Not to mention the fact that Bethesda's recent DLC packs in other RPGs like Fallout 3 haven't really been anything too special. And on top of that its only 30 days. I think you will survive.

Ancient
    I don't care about body armour!

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Its not just DLC its an actual expansion pack, all the expansions in Fallout 3 gave me another 50+ hours worth of gameplay. Its not like 90% of other DLC which is actually on the disc to begin with anyway.

SnowHawk
    Yeah.... not gonna happen.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Its not just DLC its an actual expansion pack, all the expansions in Fallout 3 gave me another 50+ hours worth of gameplay. Its not like 90% of other DLC which is actually on the disc to begin with anyway.
    Figured, it'd be funny if they were getting their panties in the bunch for little $#@!.

Anyway, it's also just 30 days and not like 6 months wait like it used to be.

Elite Guru
    I'm with you brother, we'll stand together!

I've cancelled my pre-order, thrown out my X360 and tortured a kitten.

Ready and waiting to be taken into Sony's bosom.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    HitMan00
    this is just utter bull$#@!, you have other games. I would like to see a poll on what people really think about this stupid exclulsive DLC. There's too many hot games(Uncharted 3, GoW 3, BF 3, MW 3, Rage, Splinter cell HD,MGS HD, God of war psp remake, batman:AC, assassin creed) coming out in the next 3 months to worry bout this DLC.
    Last edited by TekkenLord; 08-26-2011 at 21:34.

Friendship is Carrots
    > 300+ hour game.
    > 2 hour(ish) DLC coming to XBox first

OH THE HUMANITY
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    Like waiting for the Oblivion GOTY with the game breaking Vampirism bug they never bothered to fix. I wouldn't wait.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Gaddesreinhart
    Items PS3 FatVita
    Bethsoft has been doing this for YEARS. Besides I can wait 30 days for what, 1-2 hours of gameplay.
    Retired FFXI player. FFXIV player, Malboro Server.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Nakatomi_Uk
    Items Intel Core i7PS3 SlimFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonM249 View Post
    http://www.vg247.com/2011/08/26/micr...or-skyrim-dlc/

This blasphemy should not go unpunished.

PSN users, RPG lovers, do your part and play Dark Souls instead of this garbage. Do not allow yourselves to be suckered into this nonsense, for it is clear that Bethesda are pushovers by Microsoft.

They've been crapping all over PS3 and Sony for 5 years now it's to take a stand.
    Timed exclusives for content mean only one thing they paid extra for it and its pointless as for the DLC why isnt it in the game already thats what I only wanna know, for you know the DLC maybe crap anyway and you might not need to buy the dam thing.

Also 30 days may give extra time to work any crippling bugs the 360 users get before us.

Win 7 Ult 64bit, Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Rev.1/Bios F8 , INTEL i7 2600k 3.40ghz, Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB DDR3 1866mhz (1600mhz@1.60v), Crucial 128GB M4 SSD, Seagate 500GB 7,200rpm, Hitachi 1TB 7,200rpm (Back-Up HDD), HIS 7850 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E Card, OCZ Fatality 750 Mod PSU, LG DVD-RAM RW

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I wasn't going to buy the game upon release anyways. Like most of their games, I'll wait until it's fixed of most bugs.

Soldier 95B
    If we boycotted companies for exclusive deals like this, we wouldn't be playing our PS3 or 360's, lol!

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    This move by MS and Bethesda should't surprise anyone. It's just business as usual. This is one of the reasons it's good to be a dual console owner. Smart move by ms IMO to get this DLC first.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    This move by MS and Bethesda should't surprise anyone. It's just business as usual. This is one of the reasons it's good to be a dual console owner. Smart move by ms IMO to get this DLC first.
    I wonder who will be first to boycott the Bioshock Infinity game for giving the PS3 exclusive access to including the first Bioshock with the game purchase!

Thread Information