Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style

Do you think we'll even see a collection for FFX?

It's know to everyone or the majority that FFX is one of the best ps2 games to date but i was just wondering if y'all think we'll get one? When you speak of the ps2 era most will mention Mg3 and FFX because they we're the best IMO.
    Now Mgs3 collection is on it's way but yet FFX still remains unannounced.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I seriously doubt it unless they put it and 12 on it. A lot of people didn't like 10-2. I would love to play it over again but I just don't see them allocating a team to work on this when they have so many damn FF projects going on at the moment. Probably can't spare the resources.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    I seriously doubt it unless they put it and 12 on it. A lot of people didn't like 10-2. I would love to play it over again but I just don't see them allocating a team to work on this when they have so many damn FF projects going on at the moment. Probably can't spare the resources.
    That's what i was thinking to and there doing Kingdom hearts. I don't think it would be hard to do because your just upscaling graphics.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    XSpike
    Would be good but I don't think SE will do it, maybe a DL release on the PS4. But if they do I'd want FFX, FFX-2, FF12 and a bonus The Bouncer all on one disc
    Bow down before Drippy - Lord High Lord of the Fairies

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by XSpike View Post
    Would be good but I don't think SE will do it, maybe a DL release on the PS4. But if they do I'd want FFX, FFX-2, FF12 and a bonus The Bouncer all on one disc
    Bolded part would be a hell of a collection. A man can dream.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    if it means there current Final fantasy projects gets delayed even more, then I say no. But I would love an HD-ed FFX x.x

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    if it means there current Final fantasy projects gets delayed even more, then I say no. But I would love an HD-ed FFX x.x
    They don't need the original teams to upgrade the games (they might have to lend a small amount of time though). So I doubt this would be much of an issue.

Anyway, there was a rumor last year regarding HD upgrades to both Metal Gear and Final Fantasy, and the Metal Gear rumor obviously came true. So there's a good chance this will happen. Keep in mind though that Final Fantasy games are much longer than Metal Gear games, so S-E might just be taking their time.

Master Poster
    Oh Please i want FFX on PS3!

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Square-Enix would be pretty damn stupid not to cash in on people's nostalgia. Don't worry, a collection with X, X-2 and XII will come out sooner than later.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorzilla View Post
    Square-Enix would be pretty damn stupid not to cash in on people's nostalgia. Don't worry, a collection with X, X-2 and XII will come out sooner than later.
    That would be nice

Forum Sage
    They are "investigating" the possibility of bringing over HD ports for series like Kingdom Hearts & Final Fantasy, which basically means that they'll do it sooner or later and are probably already working on a HD Collection. My guess is mid to late 2012/early 2013, a while after XIII-2, Type-0 and Versus XIII have been released and people might be graving for more FF between the releases of completely new FF games. At the moment, they want people to focus on PSP's Final Fantasy Type-0, then XIII-2 and after that on Versus XIII.

I'm personally not worried about IF they'll do it (this IS the company that has ported Final Fantasy IV on more platforms that exist on the planet...), I'm more worried about if they'll release the "International" versions or not. While I consider even the western version of FFXII one of the best FFs of all time, there's no doubt that the Japan-only FFXII International Zodiac Job System version, for which they completely revamped character development and added stuff to the game, is the definite version of FFXII and it would be nice to see it be released outside Japan.

Now playing: PSP: Persona 3 Portable (3)DS: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D PS3: deBlob 2 PC: The Witcher 2
    Next In Line: Ghost Trick
    Recently Finished:

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Half expecting this announced at TGS.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    clear_as_night
    Items User name style
    Its probably a little harder than "upscaling" the game to HD. Higher res textures need to be made and replace the older ones. Parts need to be recoded and optimised for the PS3... or the equvalent PS2 discs would work on ALL PS3s. No doubt this requires testing and bug fixing again. Not to even mention all the legal steps... its essentially a new game if its on PS3. Therefore needs to go through the same certifying proceedures and stuff...

But yeah.... FFX on PS3 would be amazing

PSN ID: clear_as_night
    "XBOX IS ABOUT TO BECOME THE NEXT WATER COOLER" ~ NANCY TELLEM, ENTERTAINMENT AND DIGITAL MEDIA PRESIDENT OF MICROSOFT

Apprentice
    While they're working on HD remakes do you think someone could tell them to make a new FFVI? Give it some of the visual treatment that FFIV: The Complete Collection has received as well as new dungeons (like the dungeons in the advanced release).

"Every gamer is a true gamer"
    "We all serve one master, one king and his name is GAMING! FOREVER MAY HE REIGN"

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    They don't need the original teams to upgrade the games (they might have to lend a small amount of time though). So I doubt this would be much of an issue.

Anyway, there was a rumor last year regarding HD upgrades to both Metal Gear and Final Fantasy, and the Metal Gear rumor obviously came true. So there's a good chance this will happen. Keep in mind though that Final Fantasy games are much longer than Metal Gear games, so S-E might just be taking their time.
    I remember the rumor come to think of it. All though FFX is only about 20 hours. That's how long it took me to finish it but i went back and got the secret weapons and it gave me about another 10-20 hours.

@Thorzilla, Yeah, nostalgia is a very powerful thing and it sells by the look of previous hd collections.

@Dave, i heard there gonna be there so i'm expecting alot of stuff from them. I wanna see something about versus and FFX hd collection. I would cry if this popped up on the screen.

@Sepriroth, all the fans have been wanting a FF7 remake for so long but to date it's still not here.
    It's many gamer's dreams to see this but Square doesn't wanna make it because "it would take to long"

@@ azu, i didn't know they we're trying to find a way to bring Kingdom hearts to the ps3!ThAT'S LIKE MY FAVORITE series or one of them but it is up there. Also, do you think it's a probable for us to see any of this stuff @ Tgs? No offense but i'm getting tired of the psp games which i don't mind. I just want them to work on bigger things.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knight View Post

@Sepriroth, all the fans have been wanting a FF7 remake for so long but to date it's still not here.
    It's many gamer's dreams to see this but Square doesn't wanna make it because "it would take to long"
    I said VI not VII :P It is a bit unrealistic to expect a FFVII remake any time soon and that is why I hope they give VI some love when they have the time! An updated FFVI for PSV would be a good selling point for me!

Oh and yes I would love HD versions of X, X-2 and XII.

"Every gamer is a true gamer"
    "We all serve one master, one king and his name is GAMING! FOREVER MAY HE REIGN"

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Probably porting them to the 360 and changing all the controls.

EDIT: Actually no scrap that I just remembered SCEE localised FFX which makes it impossible unless they release the 360 version everywhere except EU which is pretty unlikely. They're just taking their time with it then hopefully.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post

EDIT: Actually no scrap that I just remembered SCEE localised FFX which makes it impossible unless they release the 360 version everywhere except EU which is pretty unlikely. They're just taking their time with it then hopefully.
    I thought the same thing because of what happened with mgs3 collection. I know it's got to be a big request especially since everyones doing it.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I remember the rumor come to think of it. All though FFX is only about 20 hours. That's how long it took me to finish it but i went back and got the secret weapons and it gave me about another 10-20 hours.
    20 hours? Really? It took you only 20 hours to see the ending cut-scene? I've played FFX over a dozen times and it still takes me about 30 hours.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    20 hours? Really? It took you only 20 hours to see the ending cut-scene? I've played FFX over a dozen times and it still takes me about 30 hours.

When you guys say completed the 20-30 hours. You mean completing the game's storyline, right? I take my precious time lol.

I believe that there will be a collection; its going to have FFX, X-2 and XII. Also, when Kingdom Hearts 3 shines from the horizon. I'll bet a blatant collection with KH1, KH2 and BBS. It makes sense you if you think about it.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by the_jim View Post
    Its probably a little harder than "upscaling" the game to HD. Higher res textures need to be made and replace the older ones. Parts need to be recoded and optimised for the PS3... or the equvalent PS2 discs would work on ALL PS3s. No doubt this requires testing and bug fixing again. Not to even mention all the legal steps... its essentially a new game if its on PS3. Therefore needs to go through the same certifying proceedures and stuff...
    Thing is, Sony has made some easy-to-use PS2-to-PS3 porting tools. Of course it still doesn't happen with a push of a button, especially if any extra work is done, but it's not a huge ordeal.

Hmm... I've never done FFX 100%, but... doesn't the blitzball minigame ALONE take, like, 10-15 hours, at least (and isn't that required to get all secret weapons?). IIRC, my brother's (nearly) 100% completion was way over 100 hours.

@Dave, i heard there gonna be there so i'm expecting alot of stuff from them. I wanna see something about versus and FFX hd collection. I would cry if this popped up on the screen.
    Square Enix TGS will about so:
    -Final Fantasy Type-0 (playable)
    -Final Fantasy XIII-2 (playable)
    -Kingdom Hearts 3D (playable)
    -Dragon Quest Rocket Slime 3DS (playable)
    -Theatrhythm: FF (playable)
    + they are going to announce at least one new game, possibly more (my guess would be 2-3 if they are all new games, maybe even 4-5 if they throw in something like FF HD Collection or Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix PSP Remaster).

But that's the truth. Square Enix really doesn't have infinite resources. If you want to know one of the biggest, if not even THE biggest reason why it's taken so long to develop certain games, it's simply because Square Enix lacks the manpower to actually develop all the games they've announced. The team developing Type-0 was still working on Crisis Core when Type-0 was announced as Agito XIII and afterwards they helped finish up 3rd Birthday. The Versus XIII team has helped with all the KH games a bit and they helped with XIII's development for about a year too.

So unless you want to make a few teams stop working on any new projects for 3-4 years, FFVII on the level of the PS3 tech demo is a really tricky thing to do. They know people want it, but do they want to stop making new games as a result of that? I'd personally rather see more new, ambitious projects like Final Fantasy Versus XIII than remakes/ports, though of course I would never in a million years say no to a FFVII remake if it were to happen.

@@ azu, i didn't know they we're trying to find a way to bring Kingdom hearts to the ps3!ThAT'S LIKE MY FAVORITE series or one of them but it is up there. Also, do you think it's a probable for us to see any of this stuff @ Tgs? No offense but i'm getting tired of the psp games which i don't mind. I just want them to work on bigger things.
    Like I said above, Kingdom Hearts 3D is playable at TGS, so I'm not sure if they'd announce a KH Collection there. You really shouldn't downplay the portable KHs, especially not Birth By Sleep (and the upcoming 3D). They are every bit as big as KH I & II were on PS2, if not even bigger and BETTER (BBS is the best game in the series and 3D looks like it's going to trump that, or at least has the potential to). They have new worlds, new additions to gameplay, great graphics, new music, new characters and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    There's really not that much to change... X is for confirming selections/talking to people/opening chests, circle is cancelling selections/closing open menus, triangle is for opening the main menu, left analog stick is for moving. Really not a big deal if they change those a bit...

Besides, how do you know the controls in MGS have been changed? It could just be that they've changed them around for 360 simply because its controllers lack pressure sensitive buttons. Though, why do you sound like that even matters or is a huge deal, it's not like the controls were perfect for them before, there were plenty of some awkward button combinations

That doesn't really prevent Square Enix from releasing it on other platforms. Square Enix still owns the rights to the IP and they can do anything they want with it. It was probably a temporary partnership to distribute the game in Europe since SE's presence in Europe wasn't big enough to do it alone.

Now playing: PSP: Persona 3 Portable (3)DS: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D PS3: deBlob 2 PC: The Witcher 2
    Next In Line: Ghost Trick
    Recently Finished:

Master Guru
    I really hope we get Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy XII in an HD collection at some point. I don't care if they wait until the PS4. I love those games and want to play them again.

Apprentice
    They need a collection that includes Crisis Core.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnoz View Post
    They need a collection that includes Crisis Core.
    Perhaps a Crisis Core & Type-0 collection for the PS3 next Christmas?

Master Guru

It was in the 20 hours mark but second time i played it i went all out and like 50 hours like a boss.
    @Rob, your right. In 20-30 hours you can't get everything.

Thread Information