Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member

I'm tired of my "friends" not responding to my texts!!

One of my BIGGEST pet peevs (if you can even call it that) is when people who are supposed to be relatively close friend are too damn slow to respond to my texts from my phone.

Now I know there are various reasons why one can't immediately respond to a message, I mean a person could be busy at work, in the middle of class, can't be by there phone for a long period of time, I mean, the list goes on and on.

But at least at the end of the $#@!ing day, when your done with most of the day's major duties and your at home, you can take a few $#@!ing minutes and reply back to my text messages. Some of which aren't even that hard to respond to and would take like 3 $#@!ing seconds. I also hate it when "friends" don't respond at all, I mean I know your getting my messages (it's rare something screws up) so why aren't you eventually taking time to respond?

What really fires me up about this is that, people don't wanna take a very small amount of time and respond to things I want to ask of them, or that I take the time to say things like "hello" "hows your day" "good morning" just to check up on things and they don't ever do the same back.

I may be nickpicking on the daily check up thing, but my overall sentiment is real. It's like people don't goddamn care about conversating unless your giving away money, a gift, or a free meal and im fed up with it. Why do people act like this?!?!?!?!?!
    Last edited by Versus; 09-11-2011 at 05:32.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Stop texting them then.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Stop texting them then.
    well damn, if i can't text people simple messages, then they ain't my friends then.

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Tell them their girlfriends told you to have sex with them. Wait for incoming texts.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    i wouldn't get too caught up in it. on the weekdays i'm usually in class and dont whip out my phone and i might just forget to look at it till i get back to my apartment. Or if i'm working, i might not lookat my phone during my whole shift. Its not a matter of i don't want to answer, but just busy. give em a little leeway. not everybody lives with there phone grafted to their hand.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Versus View Post
    well damn, if i can't text people simple messages, then they ain't my friends then.
    /end thread.

Forum Overseer
    Sadly bro, that's just how it is.

Which is why I have 100s of acquaintances but only like to keep very few real friends. I usually just keep my family as my friends.

I think you're making the wrong friends.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    i wouldn't get too caught up in it. on the weekdays i'm usually in class and dont whip out my phone and i might just forget to look at it till i get back to my apartment. Or if i'm working, i might not lookat my phone during my whole shift. Its not a matter of i don't want to answer, but just busy. give em a little leeway. not everybody lives with there phone grafted to their hand.
    Thats the same point I made in the OP, I know people get busy, but at the end of a day, you outta try and respond to stuff. I don't know, I hard to tell if whether people are just being sincere or not.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Takes 10 seconds to reply. Maybe the stuff your sending isn't worth a reply?

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Dedicated Member
    I stopped texting because of that same reason. You exchange numbers so if need you can communicate, why exchange if you arnt going to talk?? Just stop texting them, if they text you text back once, why once? So they know the texts are going through when you dont respond to the next one

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Takes 10 seconds to reply. Maybe the stuff your sending isn't worth a reply?
    This.
    Texting just isn't important. If the thing the OP texted was important the would have called and spoke to the person instead.

PSN ID
    Jrodd87
    dont let it get to u

DEAD SILENCE

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Stop texting them then.

Something I would do ^^ but first wouldn't it be fair to your friends if you, Versus, let them know how you're feeling? and then depending on their response, decide if you want to continue the 'friendship'? Because keep in mind that some people might care about you but for whatever reason they can't/won't text you back.

It's all in your hands. =)

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vengeful_Blur View Post
    Something I would do ^^ but first wouldn't it be fair to your friends if you, Versus, let them know how you're feeling? and then depending on their response, decide if you want to continue the 'friendship'? Because keep in mind that some people might care about you but for whatever reason they can't/won't text you back.

It's all in your hands. =)
    Yea maybe I should stop texting them as much, or barely at all. I scared to let this new girl I met know how I feel because I really don't know her THAT well, so she sorta not that big of a concern, but she does still reply to a text I will claim to be kinda important. She could respond a little better, but if I "told her how I felt" I think that would be overdoing it in that case. She is still up in the air.

I think she does care, but probably doesn't care to respond to those messages that aren't terribly important, I admit some of my texts are just stupid crap, but I still get confused when they don't text back, maybe I should lay off the "good mornings" or "what's ups".

Maybe I should make texting rare all together, but it's so darn addictive, especially when you get bored. Maybe I should find something more important to get myself busy with.

Your right Vengeful Blur, maybe it is in my hands XD XD

Forum Overseer
    My opinion, don't need to limit yourself, just find better friends.

6_6 i agree with you atleast a "hey am busy right now let me get back to you" txt would be nice huh

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Text messages are annoying sometimes. My friends text me all the time and I don't answer them back the majority of the time. Doesn't mean I'm not a real friend, just means I'm a asshole.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 660 ti | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

Quote Originally Posted by Acid Snake View Post
    Text messages are annoying sometimes. My friends text me all the time and I don't answer them back the majority of the time. Doesn't mean I'm not a real friend, just means I'm a asshole.
    lmfao ^_^

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by perrico87 View Post
    6_6 i agree with you atleast a "hey am busy right now let me get back to you" txt would be nice huh
    This is exactly what I'm talking about. I guess people are soo pathetic they don't have the kindness to say something like this.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    I call my friends more often than texting. Its easier to have conversations that way and they usually pick up

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I don't text "good morning" or "what's up" to anyone unless Im dating them.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    I don't text "good morning" or "what's up" to anyone unless Im dating them.
    That's the thing, I only text that, to the girl I trying to date lmao. I dated her once, trying to get a 2nd date -.- I wouldn't dare text that to the other people >.> Im not that lame

Forum Overseer
    man you know some dem $#@!es. don't waste your time with girls that ignore you.

Ultimate Veteran
    What is the social convention on texts? I have never figured out if you are obliged to answer them?

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    man you know some dem $#@!es. don't waste your time with girls that ignore you.
    I gotcha, but see like I said in a previous post, im on the fence on her, she will answer something that comes off as quite important, but she seems to largely ignore "BS" texts, but not all the time. I really don't think she's trying to go against me, but I am watching my back ~.o

Thread Information