Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Eagles_of_77
    Guest

    Crysis Console: The Real War

    Disclaimer: This is only my opinion, the source of this information is me. "I AM NOT A LINK!"

    No where in googleland could I find reference to the real war and its not Crysis Console vs PC.
    If Crysis 2 is any indication, then I will be buying the Xbox 360 version. The PS3 version is inferior.

    Game industry assume the kids, students and young adults that play video games are ignorant and/or stupid. This is why CVG lies and says "The Best Looking Game On Console".

    Last winter pre release all they showed was Xbox 360 Crysis 2. It was suspected (correctly) that the PS3 version was inferior because of this.

    Last week they release a Crysis console trailer. And its not PS3. Xbox 360 was and still is the showcase for Crysis Console. So if you were me, you would buy the Xbox 360 version.

  2. #2
    Veteran
    unicron7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,762
    Rep Power
    81
    Points
    7,123 (0 Banked)
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    I was under the impression that it looked like ass on consoles period. Hell, even the PC version of C2 didn't come with all that was promised, promptly pissing some people off. Overhyped game to the 10th power. My only regret purchase of the year. Buying into media hype. That'll never happen again.


    I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

  3. #3
    PSU Trophy Manager
    Fenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,640
    Rep Power
    93
    Points
    20,664 (1,000 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    What makes you say the PS3 version is inferior exactly?

    According to lens of truth, the PS3 version is hardly inferior. Both versions are pretty much equal, and the final outcome was more about controller preference then anything.

    Sig&Av by Kuro

    Preorders:
    DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

    PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

  4. #4
    Elite Guru
    J3ff3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,230
    Rep Power
    82
    Points
    7,857 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    doesn't matter. the 360 pad is far better for shooters anyway. i only wish there was a multi/cross platform title that would allow online play so people could have their eyes opened.

    am playing through the resistances again before 3, and only the fantastic story and pace (and the fact that the game becomes more fun if you run and gun inaccurately) are masking the terrible controls.

    eitherway, who cares about crysis. far better games are coming out.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

  5. #5
    PSU Trophy Manager
    Fenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,640
    Rep Power
    93
    Points
    20,664 (1,000 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    doesn't matter. the 360 pad is far better for shooters anyway. i only wish there was a multi/cross platform title that would allow online play so people could have their eyes opened.

    am playing through the resistances again before 3, and only the fantastic story and pace (and the fact that the game becomes more fun if you run and gun inaccurately) are masking the terrible controls.

    eitherway, who cares about crysis. far better games are coming out.
    Thats personal preference not fact

    Sig&Av by Kuro

    Preorders:
    DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

    PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

  6. #6
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    While Crysis 2 was probably the best looking console game, I don't think a port of Crysis 1 will be as good. Especially for $19.99. But I don't mind being proven wrong if it ends up looking better than C2.

  7. #7
    Eagles_of_77
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    What makes you say the PS3 version is inferior exactly?

    According to lens of truth, the PS3 version is hardly inferior. Both versions are pretty much equal, and the final outcome was more about controller preference then anything.

    It was known that some sites switched videos of each version. I was led to believe the PS3 was superior just like you. Lens of Truth is phony if they were in on the switch.

    Of all the corrupt entities in the world, is the game industry the beacon of truth? Some say that IGN has leanings towards Xbox and an agenda towards PS3. I'd rather go with what I see than someone telling me what I'm supposed to see.

  8. #8
    Dedicated Member
    saleenf5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,198
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    1,838 (0 Banked)
    Are we really debating graphics? Back in my day we had to wait 10 minutes for a level to load that looked like it was made of right angles an cat vomit

  9. #9
    Ultimate Veteran
    mickice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia, In a Kangaroo's pouch.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    22,130
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    24,646 (40,000 Banked)
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    doesn't matter. the 360 pad is far better for shooters anyway. i only wish there was a multi/cross platform title that would allow online play so people could have their eyes opened.

    am playing through the resistances again before 3, and only the fantastic story and pace (and the fact that the game becomes more fun if you run and gun inaccurately) are masking the terrible controls.

    eitherway, who cares about crysis. far better games are coming out.
    Resistance is a bad example, the game it's self has horrid fps movement.

    - Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

  10. #10
    Elite Guru
    J3ff3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,230
    Rep Power
    82
    Points
    7,857 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Thats personal preference not fact
    i've heard alot of people say the standard of COD, for example, is higher on LIVE, and my experience backs that up. i'm terrible with the DS3, yet my scores aren't.

    there are certain differences that aren't just down to preference. the irregularity of the default sensitivity setting in the COD series and the production of controller addons backs that up imo.

    its not hard and fast fact, but its pretty compelling if you look at it - much like it isn't really debatable that the 360 dpad is terrible.

    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Resistance is a bad example, the game it's self has horrid fps movement.
    true. the only game though that breaks the mould at all though fps wise is KZ3. it was a breath of fresh air, but only because of what it had to overcome. i'd have been far less impressed with the game if it weren't for the ds3
    Last edited by J3ff3; 09-13-2011 at 03:20.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

  11. #11
    Elite Guru
    J3ff3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,230
    Rep Power
    82
    Points
    7,857 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    dbl
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

  12. #12
    DJDJ
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by unicron7 View Post
    I was under the impression that it looked like ass on consoles period.
    Wow! I would go out and buy the 360 version as of now it's the best looking console game to date. God knows how you got the impression it "looks like ass"

  13. #13
    Master Guru
    TDbank24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6,896
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    39,244 (0 Banked)
    I'm looking forward to Crysis on the PS3. I've only played it on a friend's high end PC for a few hours. I don't really care if it's not up to par with PC or even Crysis 2. It will still be a good experience.


  14. #14
    Forum Sage
    Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winterfell
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Age
    21
    Posts
    8,347
    Rep Power
    85
    Points
    31,925 (151,503 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by DJDJ View Post
    Wow! I would go out and buy the 360 version as of now it's the best looking console game to date. God knows how you got the impression it "looks like ass"
    I assume the ass he refered to was very hot and sexy

  15. #15
    Veteran
    unicron7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,762
    Rep Power
    81
    Points
    7,123 (0 Banked)
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by DJDJ View Post
    Wow! I would go out and buy the 360 version as of now it's the best looking console game to date. God knows how you got the impression it "looks like ass"
    Sorry, I guess generic would be a better word to describe it. Best looking game on consoles? Pfft. I'm not even gonna get into it. It's all subjective anyway.

    Also, why make a thread selling/praising the 360 version in the PS3 section? Not needed, and it seems to spur trouble. Perhaps it should be moved to it's appropriate section?
    Last edited by unicron7; 09-13-2011 at 03:47.


    I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

  16. #16
    PSU Trophy Manager
    Fenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,640
    Rep Power
    93
    Points
    20,664 (1,000 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles_of_77 View Post
    It was known that some sites switched videos of each version. I was led to believe the PS3 was superior just like you. Lens of Truth is phony if they were in on the switch.

    Of all the corrupt entities in the world, is the game industry the beacon of truth? Some say that IGN has leanings towards Xbox and an agenda towards PS3. I'd rather go with what I see than someone telling me what I'm supposed to see.
    Never once said the PS3 version was superior.

    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    i've heard alot of people say the standard of COD, for example, is higher on LIVE, and my experience backs that up. i'm terrible with the DS3, yet my scores aren't.

    there are certain differences that aren't just down to preference. the irregularity of the default sensitivity setting in the COD series and the production of controller addons backs that up imo.

    its not hard and fast fact, but its pretty compelling if you look at it - much like it isn't really debatable that the 360 dpad is terrible.



    true. the only game though that breaks the mould at all though fps wise is KZ3. it was a breath of fresh air, but only because of what it had to overcome. i'd have been far less impressed with the game if it weren't for the ds3
    That has nothing to do with the controller, Xbox (original, and 360) has always been known as the "shooter haven" - at least to me.

    Sig&Av by Kuro

    Preorders:
    DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

    PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

  17. #17
    Apprentice
    JVH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    39
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    55
    Points
    2,981 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles_of_77 View Post
    Disclaimer: This is only my opinion, the source of this information is me. "I AM NOT A LINK!"

    No where in googleland could I find reference to the real war and its not Crysis Console vs PC.
    If Crysis 2 is any indication, then I will be buying the Xbox 360 version. The PS3 version is inferior.

    Game industry assume the kids, students and young adults that play video games are ignorant and/or stupid. This is why CVG lies and says "The Best Looking Game On Console".

    Last winter pre release all they showed was Xbox 360 Crysis 2. It was suspected (correctly) that the PS3 version was inferior because of this.

    Last week they release a Crysis console trailer. And its not PS3. Xbox 360 was and still is the showcase for Crysis Console. So if you were me, you would buy the Xbox 360 version.
    If I were you I would not buy it at all because Ive played it on PC a hundred years ago and it was a pretty mediocre game with great graphics...

  18. #18
    Elite Guru
    J3ff3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,230
    Rep Power
    82
    Points
    7,857 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    That has nothing to do with the controller, Xbox (original, and 360) has always been known as the "shooter haven" - at least to me.
    so you think that its because the vast majority of people on the ps3 version are terrible? because i am, and yet my scores aren't. i should surely be punished by those on the psn that are good?

    i don't think that its anything to do with the console being the 'shooter haven', other than the fact that this has resulted from a $#@! pad. i just think that it doesn't allow people to play at their best, so i get away with things that i otherwise would not.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

  19. #19
    Elite Guru
    *goo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,298
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    32,619 (0 Banked)
    Currently playing through the PS3 version. Very happy, runs well and looks good. Currently on the mission 'Seat of power'.

    Don't care what the X360 version looks like, it's not the one I've purchased (though I could have, I own a X360 - just to be clear).

    Still not a fan of side-lining the PC platform, either. Appreciate that doesn't allow people opportunity to 'debate' the two lower visual quality versions though...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.