Page 1 of 6 1 ... LastLast
    Master Guru

Chasing your Community away?

I don't come here as much as I use to (nothing personal it just slips my mind) but when I do come here the 1st thing that I notice is long time members getting infractions & bans , & when I check to see the reason it's always something small & petty , so I just post whatever I came here to post & leave without even getting into any of the other discussions that's going on, because it seem like people are not allowed to be people here anymore, I made this thread because this was my favorite internet Forum for years but it seem like the changes has really killed it's spirit.

PS: sorry if this isn't the right place to post this I just needed to say something, & with the way things are going around here I'll probably get a infraction or banned for this.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Maybe the fact that they are constantly posting those small things is what has built up to the ban. Some members do deserve to be banned for constantly baiting and nothing ever happens, IMO this place isn't strict enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Still NOT Better Than Cuguy
    Items Bruce WillisBrad PittChristian BaleInfinity WardGoogle ChromeModern Warfare 3AppleFacebook LogoUser name style
    Examples would be lovely.

Add me on Steam: VintageElise

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    if you are talking about the recent infractions (from today) then the decision was taken due to a recent rule change (this has been updated, and i believe there was even an announcement about it) picking on others members who you dont agree with, rather than adressing the point they make, is now considered trolling, and is dealt with in the same manner as somebody who is flaming and or trolling in a thread. the punishment for which has also been upped under the rule reconstruction.

aaron is also correct in his assertion that small things add up.
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Guess under this new rule 90% of my posts are now troll posts lol

Thank you itachi

!! Watch Your Step !!
    Items Final Fantasy VIIPlayStationPS3 Slim
    ONQ, you are well within your rights to ask this question IMO, to quickly answer, each case is taken on its own merits and dealt with in a consistent and fair (as fair possible in fact) manner. There have been people here that constantly wind up other members and look to cause trouble, be it in minor ways often or major ways now and again. these people in most cases have built up a catalogue of 'offences' that have lead them to a short ban, followed by a larger ban, and then a perma ban, based on their behavior at each stage of course. We greatly value the community spirit here at PSU, and we don't want it to be spoilt for the many, by the few bad apples, hense the new system that lets people effectively get themselves banned by their own actions.

I hope this answers your question adequately.
    Now Playing: PS4!!!!
    Join us for some online LOLZ - The BnW Clan est. 2008

Master Poster
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Google ChromeDiceGoogle ChromeBattlefield 3Christian Bale
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    Guess under this new rule 90% of my posts are now troll posts lol
    You probably pay off the admins with your competition prizes.

Dat Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    You probably pay off the admins with your competition prizes.
    Damn your onto me to the chille jet! *runs to jet*

Thank you itachi

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ToonAssassin View Post
    ONQ, you are well within your rights to ask this question IMO, to quickly answer, each case is taken on its own merits and dealt with in a consistent and fair (as fair possible in fact) manner. There have been people here that constantly wind up other members and look to cause trouble, be it in minor ways often or major ways now and again. these people in most cases have built up a catalogue of 'offences' that have lead them to a short ban, followed by a larger ban, and then a perma ban, based on their behavior at each stage of course. We greatly value the community spirit here at PSU, and we don't want it to be spoilt for the many, by the few bad apples, hense the new system that lets people effectively get themselves banned by their own actions.

I hope this answers your question adequately.
    ok thanks I understand because the small back & forth fighting also drive people away , so I guess it's a damned if you do damned if you don't type of thing.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by ONQ View Post
    ok thanks I understand because the small back & forth fighting also drive people away , so I guess it's a damned if you do damned if you don't type of thing.
    We want everyone to feel free to express their opinions on everything, but we also need people to respect others, and the constant back and forth, the off-handed insults need to stop. It kills threads and makes sucks the fun right out of threads. And I would agree that it it is petty and that is the problem, people seem unable to control themselves and feel the need to throw petty off-handed insults at each other over what is really just a disagreement of opinions. Everyone here is in charge of their own fate, if you follow the rules and respect others, you should never be in trouble.

Forum Elder
    If you ban the word xbox360 from the ps3 part of the forums and the word ps3 from the xbox part of the forums, maybe things will get better. Less flamebaiting threads from the usual suspects

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by moots View Post
    If you ban the word xbox360 from the ps3 part of the forums and the word ps3 from the xbox part of the forums, maybe things will get better. Less flamebaiting threads from the usual suspects
    I see nothing wrong with debating and talking about 360 vs PS3, that is not the problem. The problem is how people end up doing it, and the insults and baiting and all that.
    I do not think banning words is the answer as this problem is restricted to a limited number of members.

Ultimate Veteran
    At the moment, I think chasing the community away isn't a problem - the real problem is not having a community.
    Last edited by Tutankhamun; 09-13-2011 at 18:19. Reason: typo.

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    There is only one problem here. Rule breakers
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    At the moment, I think chasing the community isn't a problem - the real problem is not having a community.
    I honestly don't even know why you are here, the only thing I ever hear you talk about is how bad this place is and how $#@! the community is, don't do us any favors if you hate it here then just go. I am not trying to be rude but it is very confusing why you are still around.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Unfortunately freedom of speech and respect of others and their opinions can be mutually exclusive. We have to meet somewhere in the middle concerning the rules as to stimulate healthy, mature, discussion.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Agriel View Post
    I honestly don't even know why you are here, the only thing I ever hear you talk about is how bad this place is and how $#@! the community is, don't do us any favors if you hate it here then just go. I am not trying to be rude but it is very confusing why you are still around.
    Yawn, what an old argument. Just because you complain doesn't mean you don't like something, often it means the exact opposite. But you can either ban me or put me on your ignore list, I don't care either way.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Unfortunately freedom of speech and respect of others and their opinions can be mutually exclusive. We have to meet somewhere in the middle concerning the rules as to stimulate healthy, mature, discussion.
    There are many ways to disagree with others and at the same time show respect.

Yawn, what an old argument. Just because you complain doesn't mean you don't like something, often it means the exact opposite. But you can either ban me or put me on your ignore list, I don't care either way.
    I am just confused is all, no matter what the staff does, it seems you are there to tell us how $#@! we did. I have nothing personal against you I just don't understand why.

Ultimate Veteran
    I am just confused is all, no matter what the staff does, it seems you are there to tell us how $#@! we did. I have nothing personal against you I just don't understand why.
    Well that's pure BS and you know it, I have not commented on anything related to the site in several months. But I have never been one to congratulate someone on things they do right, I much rather discuss things that can be improved. Nobody here likes that so I have stopped posting feedback, seems like a fair trade? But, by all means, if you don't feel I add anything to the site then go ahead and ban me, maybe you are right - I'd hate be a member that ruins the forum since I like the idea of the forum.

Dat Guy
    Because just like me, i have nowhere to go ;; this is mah internet home and your my crazy creepy internet family, forever and ever and everrrrr.

Thank you itachi

PSU Technical Advisor
    There are many ways to disagree with others and at the same time show respect.
    I would agree, but that's generally expecting a bit much from human nature. Therefore how the two tend to be mutually exclusive in practice as opposed to in theory.

Lol, Tut so you're saying that you are a fan of negative reinforcement?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Well that's pure BS and you know it, I have not commented on anything related to the site in several months. But I have never been one to congratulate someone on things they do right, I much rather discuss things that can be improved. Nobody here likes that so I have stopped posting feedback, seems like a fair trade? But, by all means, if you don't feel I add anything to the site then go ahead and ban me, maybe you are right - I'd hate be a member that ruins the forum since I like the idea of the forum.
    Where did I say I wanted you gone, don't be so dramatic, all I did was doing was asking a question. I have been here for 4 years my memory reach farther back then 6 months, but you are right that part of my post was uncalled for and I apologize for it. I personally would love everyone to stay and have a great time, but making a comment like you did in here is counter productive and boarder-line trolling tbh.

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    no hes saying hes a fan of suggesting improvements. a B is good, but if i wrote an essay in sixth form and got a B, chances are it would be full of notes telling me what wasnt so good etc. so next one could be an A
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbo1 View Post
    no hes saying hes a fan of suggesting improvements. a B is good, but if i wrote an essay in sixth form and got a B, chances are it would be full of notes telling me what wasnt so good etc. so next one could be an A
    what are you talking about lol

Ultimate Veteran
    Where did I say I wanted you gone, don't be so dramatic, all I did was doing was asking a question. I have been here for 4 years my memory reach farther back then 6 months, but you are right that part of my post was uncalled for and I apologize for it. I personally would love everyone to stay and have a great time, but making a comment like you did in here is counter productive and boarder-line trolling tbh.
    You said you didn't understand why I stayed and I say, since you are an admin, if you feel I do not add anything then remove me. Simple as that. I'd understand and move on, I'm a grown man.

As for trolling, I don't quite understand how you can see it as trolling when you can clearly take look yourself on the number of active posters.

Thread Information