Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Agriel View Post
    what are you talking about lol
    Tut only complains so the mods and admins know where the site needs improving frankely more people need to do this as it will increase site use and show the current members you care.

Thank you itachi

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    You said you didn't understand why I stayed and I say, since you are an admin, if you feel I do not add anything then remove me. Simple as that. I'd understand and move on, I'm a grown man.
    I never said I wanted you gone is what I am saying, you are being a little over dramatic I think lol but thats cool we all have our own way about us.

Ultimate Veteran
    I never said I wanted you gone is what I am saying, you are being a little over dramatic I think lol but thats cool we all have our own way about us.
    No, that's fine I get the message - trust me I won't comment on anything related to the site again.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    Tut only complains so the mods and admins know where the site needs improving frankely more people need to do this as it will increase site use and show the current members you care.
    I agree with that, but his above comment isn't anything like that and that is the type of comments I was talking about.
    We welcome feedback, but saying "At the moment, I think chasing the community away isn't a problem - the real problem is not having a community." how is that helping anyone improve the community?

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    what are you talking about lol
    im saying tut points out what he doesnt think is good. in the hope that it changes for what he perceives to be the better. arguable more positive feedback would be nice, but if thats not his style, thats not his style.

I agree with that, but his above comment isn't anything like that and that is the type of comments I was talking about.
    We welcome feedback, but saying "At the moment, I think chasing the community away isn't a problem - the real problem is not having a community." how is that helping anyone improve the community?
    agreed that one wasnt helpful.
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    No, that's fine I get the message - trust me I won't comment on anything related to the site again.
    yeah thats what I am saying.... what ever dude

Dat Guy
    Its feedback based on the new current trolling rule which frankly unless your an old member you now have a higher chance to be banned because it is very strict.

Thank you itachi

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Its feedback based on the new current trolling rule which frankly unless your an old member you now have a higher chance to be banned because it is very strict.
    No he is saying we don't have a community to chase away, even if that is true how exactly is that on topic.

What ever guys I think I am out of here lol I think I am talking myself in circles now.

Dat Guy
    No he is saying we don't have a community to chase away, even if that is true how exactly is that on topic.

What ever guys I think I am out of here lol I think I am talking myself in circles now.
    Welcome to most of my conversations!

Thank you itachi

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I just banned another one.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    It is a lot less strict than most other gaming sites though. Troll on GAF, perma banned. Troll on TXBox, banned, etc...

at least we give you a week to realize you screwed up and come back without the need to attack a person or derail a thread with tripe. (i am using "you" in the general, not talking about you personally).

I agree, though that we need a stronger community, but there are two core issues which have prevented that.

1. Site improvements have been slow in coming, that is changing now. You will see. Believe me, or don't, doesn't matter, but they are coming.
    2. trolls absolutely have killed any hopes of enjoyable conversations here. hence, the new point total. Essentially three strikes and you are gone. Whereas before, it could take upwards of 18 months for a troll to earn his own ban, now he can do it in under 3... that's efficiency

We are working hard, believe me, to get this place out and recognized... hearing people moan about how bad the community is, but not doing anything to help it, gets very old as well.

Make your suggestions, please, but for the sake of everyone else don't come into a thread with dramatics.
    LMAO

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    I wonder what the numbers are regarding how many people have been banned due to arguments/threads to do with xbox?

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Unbound Mercenary
    The reason the old members keep getting banned is because they beleive that they will not be banned. Or have grown to not care about the rules, and thus are punished accordingly.

I see nothing wrong with staff that ban people who break the rules. Just because you're an older member, does not get any different treatment. At least its not like that now, way back when the mods watched out for their pals and thus some members were never given warnings or bans.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Quote Originally Posted by T0PGUN View Post
    I wonder what the numbers are regarding how many people have been banned due to arguments/threads to do with xbox?
    No way to quantify that, but quite a few.

Definitely more than not. Either way, not important. Trolling is trolling.
    LMAO

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    The older regular members probably do have less chance of getting banned though, they're keeping the forum alive, bringing in a lot of discussion and also giving the ads a lot of traffic.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Forum Dawg
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    The older regular members probably do have less chance of getting banned though, they're keeping the forum alive, bringing in a lot of discussion and also giving the ads a lot of traffic.
    well there's always going to be a little bias/favouritism, that's inevitable.
    ♥ ∈ ∅

The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity Abraham Lincoln
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by ONQ View Post
    I don't come here as much as I use to (nothing personal it just slips my mind) but when I do come here the 1st thing that I notice is long time members getting infractions & bans , & when I check to see the reason it's always something small & petty , so I just post whatever I came here to post & leave without even getting into any of the other discussions that's going on, because it seem like people are not allowed to be people here anymore, I made this thread because this was my favorite internet Forum for years but it seem like the changes has really killed it's spirit.

PS: sorry if this isn't the right place to post this I just needed to say something, & with the way things are going around here I'll probably get a infraction or banned for this.
    If that's you in your avatar pic then I agree with absolutely everything you've said and I'm sorry if I ever offended you or your family at any point ever.

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by FallingBullets View Post
    well there's always going to be a little bias/favouritism, that's inevitable.
    Its no where near as bad as it used to be.

Master Sage
    Wow, and you say I act immature. I'm not one to usually side with Agriel but where in this thread did he say you no longer have a say about the forum? I believe the only thing he mentioned about you and the forum is the fact that you consistently moan about the place and yet you continue to use it. And I'd have to agree with him, too, you only ever seem to have negative feedback about PSU and it's community. If it bothers you that much, Tut, just leave. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I sure as hell won't miss you.

In regards to the topic at hand, I'm in complete agreement with AaronSOLDIER. The older members - or the vets, if you like - are less likely to be banned than, say, a newbie. But that's become the accepted norm on forums these days - after all, it's these people who keep the forum alive and bring in revenue. If it weren't for them, there would be no community. I'm not saying us older members should be allowed to get away with breaking the rules, but if it was a toss up between banning a new member or banning a vet, I know which one I'd choose.

Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    That last comment was not needed Topgun... it is factually incorrect and just simply posted to inflame the issue.
    LMAO

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    notsureitwasactually.com

Serious note, community is fine I think.
    Last edited by Noxia; 09-13-2011 at 20:11.

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    That last comment was not needed Topgun... it is factually incorrect and just simply posted to inflame the issue.
    Wasnt posted to inflame anything.

The way i see it is that this place should be pro-playstation. There is $#@! all about the 360 on the main site,so why should we have a 360 subforum,and more importantly,pro 360 members? (yes i know there are multi-console owners but,let's face it,most who are are in favour of the 360 in an argument against the PS3)

My solution?

A cull. From top to bottom.
    Or change the name of the site. Gamer's Universe or something like that?

My point is that if you take away the situations that are breeding grounds for flamebait and trolling (ie comparison threads etc) then maybe things will start to improve?

Just an honest opinion mind...

Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by T0PGUN View Post
    Wasnt posted to inflame anything.

The way i see it is that this place should be pro-playstation. There is $#@! all about the 360 on the main site,so why should we have a 360 subforum,and more importantly,pro 360 members? (yes i know there are multi-console owners but,let's face it,most who are are in favour of the 360 in an argument against the PS3)

My solution?

A cull. From top to bottom.
    Or change the name of the site. Gamer's Universe or something like that?

My point is that if you take away the situations that are breeding grounds for flamebait and trolling (ie comparison threads etc) then maybe things will start to improve?

Just an honest opinion mind...
    It'd be better to just get rid of the problem members. Take away the members that are posting flamebait and trolling, then maybe things will start to improve.

Dedicated Member
    I see it as though the administration of the forums is trying to create a more 'professional' atmosphere. They may need to do some graphical changes to dig that point across first, but that's not the point. The point is, they want people to be accountable for their actions and to have a forum that actually shows that not all gamer's are vulgar and detrimental to society. Also, to get rid of the idea that you are anonymous on the internet, you are not, and you should always maintain proper morals and ethics online. (Well, this is at least how I see it, and very much so favor it to be.)
    PSN and 360Live: Zombieking36

Unbound Mercenary
    It'd be better to just get rid of the problem members. Take away the members that are posting flamebait and trolling, then maybe things will start to improve.
    Well damn. We'd lose near half the members.

Thread Information