Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    It'd be better to just get rid of the problem members. Take away the members that are posting flamebait and trolling, then maybe things will start to improve.
    The problem members are the 360 dudes, then its the ps3 dudes that react (and promptly reported) leading to warnings/bans.
    That's the way i,and quite a few others, see it.

Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by T0PGUN View Post
    Wasnt posted to inflame anything.

The way i see it is that this place should be pro-playstation. There is $#@! all about the 360 on the main site,so why should we have a 360 subforum,and more importantly,pro 360 members? (yes i know there are multi-console owners but,let's face it,most who are are in favour of the 360 in an argument against the PS3)

My solution?

A cull. From top to bottom.
    Or change the name of the site. Gamer's Universe or something like that?

My point is that if you take away the situations that are breeding grounds for flamebait and trolling (ie comparison threads etc) then maybe things will start to improve?

Just an honest opinion mind...
    I would love to ban:

1. comparison threads. not only are they pointless, they are often littered with erroneous pics and vids that intentionally misrepresent the titles on each platform. This includes "list wars"... a pissing match on the number of titles that is somehow showing "superiority" from the console supporters. Again, usually full of opinion, not fact, or the lists are populated with MP titles or obscure exclusives that only show up in one region.
    2. sales threads. again, no one gets a cookie if PS3 outsells the 360 or otherwise. I have yet to read an interesting sales thread, and i have been here since 2007.

All of these topics breed nothing but fanboyism. Those topics yield the absolute most infractions here and by far attract the most fanboys.

Regardless if the site's name is PSU... we are a gaming forum first and foremost. People, like myself, who own multiple consoles like being able to come here to freely discuss the plat of their choice. Our news is PS3 content... our major forum focus is Playstation... that doesn't mean we can't have civil 360, Wii, PC, Apple threads.
    I
    LMAO

Dedicated Member
    I can't believe anyone can complain about the rules here. I frequent another game related forum an I got an infraction my first day for not capitalizing my "I"s in one short post. I tried talking to the mod an even pointed examples of other horribly made post by senior members an just got a "well I'm the mod" type of answer. Hell I had a giveaway post closed because they didn't want me doing it in the car trade post area because I wasn't technically trading a car I was giving it away. Closed it down without a care haha. This board is extremely relaxed and calm. I see curse words an a lot of joking around here that could easily be punished but the mods are cool enough to see it as just joking around.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    The problem members are the 360 dudes, then its the ps3 dudes that react (and promptly reported) leading to warnings/bans.
    Most of the trolling as of late is infact coming from 360 people in the PS3 section when they have absolutely no interest in it. Not saying that wasn't happening with PS3 people in the 360 section though, but right now the PS3 section is full of 360 die hards looking to get into a fight with any PS3 fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Nope.

If you only saw the number of reports we get to the contrary.
    LMAO

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post

Regardless if the site's name is PSU... we are a gaming forum first and foremost. People, like myself, who own multiple consoles like being able to come here to freely discuss the plat of their choice. Our news is PS3 content... our major forum focus is Playstation... that doesn't mean we can't have civil 360, Wii, PC, Apple threads.
    I
    There will always be problems then.
    Thing is though, its our core audience that are being 'chased away',as stated by the OP.
    Edit; no,we don't see the number of reports. If there are a lot then why is nothing still being done about them?
    This goes back to my post which was deleted.
    Last edited by -Shafty-; 09-13-2011 at 20:49.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    I am happy that rules are being enforced on these "thread killers". I've had a thread killed by a certain member and then he tried to kill another one of my threads. That member didn't do anything to contribute to the thread, he took a moment to bash me and tried to make other members follow. Next time I will report him.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Then you're only seeing the side you want to see. As CUGUY has pointed out, your theory is quite flawed. There are few 360 only owners here, VERY FEW. The majority of the multiconsole owners are who get trolled on, insulted, etc. The staff can back that info up.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Edit; no,we don't see the number of reports. If there are a lot then why is nothing still being done about them?
    Because often, rather than infract the people, warnings are given, user notes (which you cannot see) posted after the user is PM'd... etc... we have other ways we try to take care of problem posters.

And yes, we will always have problem posters, it can't be helped. But as staff we have to do what we think is best. Same old double edged sword analogy here as always.

if we are too strict, threads pop up saying we are driving the people away
    we are too lax, then people leave because they can't discuss things without being trolled into oblivion.

business as usual
    LMAO

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    Nope.

Then you're only seeing the side you want to see. As CUGUY has pointed out, your theory is quite flawed. There are few 360 only owners here, VERY FEW. The majority of the multiconsole owners are who get trolled on, insulted, etc. The staff can back that info up.
    They more than likely get trolled on/insulted because of some underhand comments beforehand that some members throw out there but only a few people pick up on them?

Some people are quite good at trolling within the rules.

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Nope.

Thats because most of the ps3 owners arent as easily offended and dont report minor petty things and just take it on chin and laugh

Thank you itachi

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    OMG this thread is pure gold. Wish i would've made it. *sighs*

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I agree with ONQ its gettign out of hand and often seems like the new mods are pushing their influence around just because they can.
    An infraction was given a few days ago that I thought was extremely petty and unwarranted and then a few days later was reversed.

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knight View Post
    OMG this thread is pure gold. Wish i would've made it. *sighs*
    It would be $#@! then though

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    Thats because most of the ps3 owners arent as easily offended and dont report minor petty things and just take it on chin and laugh
    Ummm no.

You couldn't be more wrong. In fact, if I had to say, the PS3 fanbase here is a lot more touchy if the reports section is anything to go by.

One user in particular averaged about 20 reports a day against the 360 fanbase... most of them so far off of being rule violations that we nearly infracted him for abusing the report button.

Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    I agree with ONQ its gettign out of hand and often seems like the new mods are pushing their influence around just because they can.
    An infraction was given a few days ago that I thought was extremely petty and unwarranted and then a few days later was reversed.
    that was because it was a typed misunderstanding... it was reversed after discussion showed it was read incorrectly. So that is a problem? The fact that those involved fixed the issue? Most sites wouldn't even care. They'd let the infraction stand.
    LMAO

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    I am happy that rules are being enforced on these "thread killers". I've had a thread killed by a certain member and then he tried to kill another one of my threads. That member didn't do anything to contribute to the thread, he took a moment to bash me and tried to make other members follow. Next time I will report him.
    It doesn't take a genius to work out you're talking about me. So, please, explain how I've 'killed' a number of your threads? The one, where you claim to be 'hated' by your neighbour, was active for quite a while before you seemingly gave up because you failed to provide any evidence to support your claim. The second thread, which I assume you're talking about the facial hair one, is still active and being discussed. I'd hardly say any of them were 'killed' by me or any other member you may be referring to. I strongly suggest you look up and learn the definition of 'derailing' and 'killing' a thread before you falsely accuse me.

On topic, I'm with Topgun; it goes back to what I said last week. It's fine for Xbox 360 owners to bash the PS3 (including, but not limited to, sales) but if a PS3 owner even thinks of stepping into an Xbox 360 thread (or indeed defends the PS3 in a 'PS3 Games' thread) the almighty ban hammer will be swung and the member smited. It's backwards, considering this was - and always will be - a PlayStation forum. You can tell me it's a 'multiplatform forum' all you want but you'd only be denying the truth and twisting all logic. After all, the reason for this forum and site being set up is in the name - PlayStation Universe.

Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    They more than likely get trolled on/insulted because of some underhand comments beforehand that some members throw out there but only a few people pick up on them?

Some people are quite good at trolling within the rules.
    I guarantee that isn't the case. I don't think anyone reads as many threads and posts as I do, so I can vouch for this with confidence.

edit:
    cuguy confirmed...

Jaeger, you couldn't be further from the truth on how things go around here.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    It doesn't take a genius to work out you're talking about me. So, please, explain how I've 'killed' a number of your threads? The one, where you claim to be 'hated' by your neighbour, was active for quite a while before you seemingly gave up because you failed to provide any evidence to support your claim. The second thread, which I assume you're talking about the facial hair one, is still active and being discussed. I'd hardly say any of them were 'killed' by me or any other member you may be referring to. I strongly suggest you look up and learn the definition of 'derailing' and 'killing' a thread before you falsely accuse me.

On topic, I'm with Topgun; it goes back to what I said last week. It's fine for Xbox 360 owners to bash the PS3 (including, but not limited to, sales) but if a PS3 owner even thinks of stepping into an Xbox 360 thread (or indeed defends the PS3 in a 'PS3 Games' thread) the almighty ban hammer will be swung and the member smited. It's backwards, considering this was - and always will be - a PlayStation forum. You can tell me it's a 'multiplatform forum' all you want but you'd only be denying the truth and twisting all logic. After all, the reason for this forum and site being set up is in the name - PlayStation Universe.
    I would say go have a look at the infraction section and see who has been banned in the last few days.
    Fact of the matter is that both sides do the same $#@!, and will both be dealt with equally and just as harshly.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog
    Let me urban dictionary this word before i give a proper response.
    @ tut
    do not even try and derail this thread mate, find a different thread to play in.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post

POLICIES

Language - As a community focusing not just on the PlayStation 3 console, but on all aspects of gaming, we would appreciate thoughtfulness from our users.

That has been in the rules and regs since the site was founded. Love it or leave it, we expect respect from all members regardless of their console of choice.
    LMAO

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Agriel View Post
    do not even try and derail this thread mate, find a different thread to play in.
    exactly what i was going to write!

Master Guru
    All thanks for that. I guess it's wrong for trying to put a little humor in a thread.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    All thanks for that. I guess it's wrong for trying to put a little humor in a thread.
    Time and place for everything and this is not the time nor the place so kick rocks.

Master Guru
    Time and place for everything and this is not the time nor the place so kick rocks.
    Dude, whatever.

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    Dude, whatever.
    Take the hint

Thread Information