Latest PSU headlines:

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Does to much gaming info ( ruin the experience )

I know we all want as much info as possible about a Entirely new game or a game from a series.. But do you think getting info is one thing and then getting to much info is another.

Let me explain... Metro: last night, we have got some trailers of the game for release next fall 2012 or earlier 2012. Right i know we will get alot more info over the next finale months of this year, i think a little info makes the game that bit more exciting, rather that a chunk of info that makes it feel like you have beat the game and learnt the story before even playing the game... I know there are the HUNGRY group the ones that want every single detail of a game so they have a heads up to what to expect when they play it. But why, i know many will argue the more we know the better chance's we have in liking the game or wanting to play it more over and over again and seeking a series out of it.

I on the other hand enjoy the mystery of what a game will be like with the littlest info possible. I know i have been seeking out so much info on FORZA 4 and SKYRIM, that is because these are games of a series i love and i like to see the changes that has happened.. But i never read further into it. Over the story of SKYRIM and the list of cars or tracks in FORZA 4.

What i am trying to say is that a little info will make that game more interesting than a tone of info that has you beating it before you even buy the game... I know i have the cheek to post a thread like this in a game forum, but what better a place to post a thread about this..
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    I think it does ruin the experience.

Before Final Fantasy X-2 released, I kept looking at trailers, screenshots, and spoilers. When I got the game, I wasn't shocked or anything at the stuff that happened because I knew what was going to happen. I found the experience lacking and regret spoiling myself like that. Ever since then I keep spoilers to a minimum concerning a new game I am interested in. I want to be surprised when I play the game and find out stuff for myself.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Ive been thinking about this a lot recently. I think it does, for meat least. Anyone who is an active member in a gaming community forum most likely follows a game from announcement to release and everything that comes in between. It's that in between stuff that really removes a lot of the excitement. Gameplay trailers, dev diaries etc I lap it up and love it, but its a 2 edged sword. I think in a way I am glad that games like The Last Guardian and FFvs13 haven't had alot of exposure. I will try and avoid any more coverage of these games because if there are any games that I don't want spoiled, itis these two,among a few others.

I miss the days of being a simple gamer who sees a cool looking game at the store or in an advert and buys it. I don't think I can go back to that because I am too addicted to the process of following a game. It makes taking the plastic wrapper off and playing it the climatic end of a long journey.

Dedicated Member
    Great post ^^^^^

I've actually stopped following as much as I used to. A few months ago I would be constantly watching BF3 an mw3 videos an reading everything I could. I don't even know their release dates now haha. An it's not just them, there's alot of others that I'll pick up when I know their out without following too closely. I feel im a lot more relaxed this way, I'm not hearing a piece of news an then stressing because it sounds game breaking or ect.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Yeah I agree with ghost 100%

I watch trailers and footage of games, but not ALL of the media they release for a game I like anymore. A year ago I bought a game... forget what it was now but I felt like I had already played the game because I had seen so much of it on the net :/

So from then on I decided to watch stuff for games I'm excited for, but not excessively to the point where there is no suprises left

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    I have found so much out about oblivion and forza3 before i bought them and i did fill like i beat them before playing them, this time around i am not following forza 4 or skyrim news all. I want the two games to be fresh and new
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Same as everyone else here.

I've literally avoided all Mass Effect 3 info that I can. And I'm only watching the odd Battlefield 3 vid. Don't like

For something like Skyrim though, I wouldn't be interested at all if it wasn't for the info I've read / seen about it. Still probably won't get it, but went from uninterested to interested.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Thread Information