Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

More PS3 Bonus Content - AC: Revelations comes with first AC

It seems like I was wrong in thinking we had seen the last of the bonus content for those who buy PS3 multiplats. Assassins Creed Revelations joins the likes of Battlefield 3, Bioshock Infinite, Saints Row The Third, SSX, Need for Speed: The Run etc, in offering extra content. Unlike the others though, the Assassins Creed offer is extended for day 1 purchasers.

Ubisoft today announced a special partnership with Sony Computer Entertainment to include the original Assassin's Creed game on the PlayStation 3 version of Assassin's Creed: Revelations.
    Ezio Auditore will relive the memories of Alta´r Ibn-La'Ahad in Revelations, and first day buyers of Revelations may also experience the story of Altair first hand. Having the original game bundled with Revelations will be a great refresher for old fans and it will be an even greater start for new customers into this deep franchise.
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations will launch for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC on Nov. 15.

Source.
    Last edited by Ghost; 09-20-2011 at 05:42.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Yep, I knew this would be a trend. I still think it has to do with the talks Sony had sometime back with game publishers about utilizing the bluray storage capacity on the PS3. This is great news. Keep the content coming.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    This is a weak offer. AC1 sucks compared to the others and I can't bring myself to playing that game again.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I was hoping for trophy support but no such luck. http://www.dualshockers.com/2011/09/...d-revelations/

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    EDIT: Didnt know Bioshock infinite had a bonus. I wonder if it'll include its challenge room DLC, probably not but it would be awesome.. o.o

I wish more games that I DIDNT already own the originals too had free games with it, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I was hoping for trophy support but no such luck. http://www.dualshockers.com/2011/09/...d-revelations/
    Damn, for some reason I was hopeful it would be included - it give me a reason to replay it.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I guess it's free, so there's something good about it...

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    This is a weak offer. AC1 sucks compared to the others and I can't bring myself to playing that game again.
    Haha I think it is more for the new comers to the series.

Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yeah that's a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I guess it's free, so there's something good about it...
    lol

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    EDIT: Didnt know Bioshock infinite had a bonus. I wonder if it'll include its challenge room DLC, probably not but it would be awesome.. o.oI wish more games that I DIDNT already own the originals too had free games with it, lol.
    Yeah, I have to agree. Bioshock infinite comes with Bioshock 1 which I've already played to death on both consoles and BF3 comes with BF 1943 which I already bought on both PSN and Xbox Live. I guess that leaves SSX and NFS.

Veteran
    Well...you can't beat free ninety-nine. And it seems worthwhile for anybody who hasn't played AC at all and wants a good start at a good value.

It would be more epic, though if multiplatform sequels came with the previous version in the PS3 release. This way, even if the first game sucks, you have a nice transition to the sequel (assuming the sequel is better).

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    Well...you can't beat free ninety-nine. And it seems worthwhile for anybody who hasn't played AC at all and wants a good start at a good value.
    Exactly. My ex fell in love with AC2, then Brotherhood, and wanted me to get AC so she could experience the whole story. With the recent price drops there will be $#@! loads of new comers to the platform who probably wouldn't have played the original. Also, it adds alot of value to those who are introduced to Altair for the first time in Revelations, now they can see his story in the full.
    Last edited by Ghost; 09-20-2011 at 06:59.

Apprentice
    Nice! I sold AC1 because I didn't really like it (or at least the repetitiveness of it) but I loved the concept, and I had to find out where the 2nd one would go after the huge cliffhanger... Now I'm completely in love with the series, and I've been considering re-purchasing the original to refresh my memory of what happened, and to have for my collection, but now I don't have to!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    That's too bad because I got into the franchise after playing the the first.
    The atmosphere and the cities just appeal to me as I like mid east style buildings.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    PS3 gamers get another free game xD Woo.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Yeah trophy support would have been nice but oh well it's free.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Dedicated Member

Dude, free is ALWAYS a good offer. I myself have played AC1 so it won't benefit me, but that doesn't mean it isn't a good offer. I'm sure many haven't played it and some of those that did might no longer have a copy and may welcome the chance to play again. To each their own, but your personal feelings about AC 1 doesn't nullify that a good offer was made. If you didn't like the game you don't have to play the freebee, you would still get Revalations in the package so it's all good. It's sad world when someone is complaining about something for free.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    That's too bad because I got into the franchise after playing the the first.
    The atmosphere and the cities just appeal to me as I like mid east style buildings.
    So did I and after playing AC2 and Brotherhood, there's no way I can go back to AC1(which I think is horrible compared to it's sequels). The repetitiveness and slow progression with learning how to fight is something I'm not willing to deal with again.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandWazoo View Post
    Dude, free is ALWAYS a good offer. I myself have played AC1 so it won't benefit me, but that doesn't mean it isn't a good offer. I'm sure many haven't played it and some of those that did might no longer have a copy and may welcome the chance to play again. To each their own, but your personal feelings about AC 1 doesn't nullify that a good offer was made. If you didn't like the game you don't have to play the freebee, you would still get Revalations in the package so it's all good. It's sad world when someone is complaining about something for free.
    "Sad world; free is always good." get over it. If I think it's a weak deal then so the $#@! be it. Of course I know some people will play it again and those that never played it will get a chance to. That doesn't benefit me not one damn bit. It's still a weak deal for me.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 09-20-2011 at 20:09.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Forum Sage
    AC2 and Brotherhood aren't that far off from the original in the repetitive department.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    ac2 and brotherhood aren't that far off from the original in the repetitive department.
    lies!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    AC2 and Brotherhood aren't that far off from the original in the repetitive department.
    He has a point.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    repetitively good

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knight View Post
    repetitively good
    Yeah, the first two hours you're doing the same thing over and over again...

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Yeah, the first two hours you're doing the same thing over and over again...
    That's what originally put me off playing through the game but if you power on through the first couple of hours you'll soon find that they are amazing games Currently playing through Brotherhood at the moment, and loving it.

Elite Sage
    Not repetitive enough for me to be bored out of my mind with them.

Forum Sage
    I've finished the first, the second and working my way through Brotherhood. I plan on getting Revelations as well. I don't find them all that different from each other so I can't relate.

I am a fan of the series and I've liked the first, I've liked the second -- Brotherhood is alright that I still need to finish before Revelations comes out.

They all can get repetitive and I don't see how one game being a little less repetitive changes the game's nature.
    Last edited by sainraja; 09-21-2011 at 00:39.

Elite Sage
    I've finished the first, the second and working my way through Brotherhood. I plan on getting Revelations as well. I don't find them all that different from each other so I can't relate.

I am a fan of the series and I've liked the first, I've liked the second -- Brotherhood is alright that I still need to finish before Revelations comes out.

They all can get repetitive and I don't see how one game being a little less repetitive changes the game's nature.
    Of course the core of the title is the same. That didn't need to be changed lol. There's just more stuff to do and ways of going about doing them in the other titles that you couldn't do in AC. Natural progression of the series. If you are making the sequels slightly less repetitive then that's your doing. Obviously I don't have that problem. The way I played AC2 and especially AC:B(having the assassins run with me), the game wasn't repetitive enough to make me not want to finish the title. I'm sure AC:R will do enough to set itself apart from AC:B with the bomb making along with other things.

Thread Information