Goldeneye Reloaded Move Bundle - worth it or not?

Hello all. I am looking for advice if I should get PS3 Move hardware.

I have been looking forward to Goldeneye Reloaded for PS3. They recently announced an option to purchase a move bundle.

From a recent article:
    "Dubbed, the “Double 0″ edition, this special GoldenEye: Reloaded bundle will come with a PlayStation Move, PlayStation Eye camera, a Move navigation controller, a Move Sharpshooter attachment, and a copy of the game."

I currently do not own any of the above mentioned hardware. No price has been announced but some have speculated, based on other similar bundles, that it will be about $150.

Basically I am on the fence. I own a Wii and have fun with that concept, even got the Wii Motion Plus. But the Wii games that rely on the motion functionality are developed specifically for that. Not sure how an FPS will be with PS Move. My fear is that the novelty will wear off and I will be back to using the standard controller.

Here are my questions:

- Assuming the bundle is $150 is it a good price? Am I saving money or just breaking even compared to purchasing separately?

- In your opinion is this setup good for an FPS? Have you used the Move (and it's accessories) for other FPS? If so what was your experience?

- Does the PS Eye camera support other functionality (for other games) for example: it recognises my body and moving around controlls the game? I experienced with Xbox, not sure if PS Eye is similar.

- Overall does PS Move expand the "fun factor" for the PS3? (keep in mind I own a Wii already and do not plan on replacing Wii "move" titles with like PS3 titiles).

Looking forward to your opinions.

Regards
    Last edited by yoyoyojo; 09-21-2011 at 21:47.

Super Elite
    I only use Move, when i play Killzone 3, M.A.G., Resistance 3, and i'm going to use it on Socom 4. Its not going to make you a beast right away but if in real life you have good body mechanics, patience, and the ability to take up the move challenge. Then i dont see why not.

But if your a KDR $#@!, and whiney when you dont get your kill then it might not be for you. Its a challenge but very rewarding when it all comes together theres days when ill go positive and once in a while will beast but other times will get owned. But its all good its fun thats whats important too me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Views and opinions of forum member cpitt, do not represent the views and opinions of ps3forums and any known associates, mods

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by cpitt View Post
    I only use Move, when i play Killzone 3, M.A.G., Resistance 3, and i'm going to use it on Socom 4. Its not going to make you a beast right away but if in real life you have good body mechanics, patience, and the ability to take up the move challenge. Then i dont see why not.

But if your a KDR $#@!, and whiney when you dont get your kill then it might not be for you. Its a challenge but very rewarding when it all comes together theres days when ill go positive and once in a while will beast but other times will get owned. But its all good its fun thats whats important too me.
    This. Move is something that may not feel natural right away, but if you stick with it and allow your hand eye coordination to develop, you will discover a new and exciting way to play games like KZ3 and R3.

Forum Elder
    Golden Eye with the PS Move is gonna be fun ! i'm getting the game as i'm a huge 007 fan.

Move imo is amazing with fps, once mastered you can be a beast because the aiming is better than a controller imo, but once mastered. The first time i played a fps with Move, it took me a lot of time to adjust but it's worth it and most important, it's FUN !
    The satisfaction of shooting with Move is awesome.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by ddPLaNeT View Post
    Golden Eye with the PS Move is gonna be fun ! i'm getting the game as i'm a huge 007 fan.

Move imo is amazing with fps, once mastered you can be a beast because the aiming is better than a controller imo, but once mastered. The first time i played a fps with Move, it took me a lot of time to adjust but it's worth it and most important, it's FUN !
    The satisfaction of shooting with Move is awesome.
    Couldn't agree more. Resistance 3 with Move and Sharpshooter is just a dream, I love it.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    For a second I thought goldeneye was gonna come with a movie - the Goldeneye movie on blu-ray cause then I'd buy this day one. But no, that is not the news. I am disappoint.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_rhayne View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Resistance 3 with Move and Sharpshooter is just a dream, I love it.
    Amen! I love Sharpshooter with Move. Awesome stuff. I plan on getting Goldeneye. I'm sorry that I can't offer a hands on opinion yet but when I get it I'll chime back in.

Thread Information