Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style

Would you drop your career for...?

Was reading this article and the guy gave up football to pursue other things. I ain't mad at 'em, that's great he went out the way he wanted to. But then his wife said this...

For me, it was superficial. For me and my family, and our belief in God, it wasn't a good enough motivation." Even if Wright felt differently, his wife, Tiffany, was ready to move on - with or without him.
    "I was done with football," says Tiffany, who gave birth to the couple's first child, Gabrielle, four months ago. "No offense to the Cardinals, but I think there's better things ahead. I know Jason is more capable of things outside of football."I told him, 'You can go back, but I'm moving.
    Now let's say he really wanted to stay in football and his wife left him, I find that petty and question her love for him. He's pursuing his dream and you're going to leave him because of it? That's mad $#@!ed up if you ask me. But my question to you is, would you drop everything if your chick/man/spouse said they were moving on with or without you pending your answer?

I'd definitely tell the chick to get the $#@! off my lawn if she ever came to me with this type of foolishness. But what say you?

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Dedicated Member
    I'd tell the $#@! to get back there an get me a whopper. No way would I leave a career because my significant other didn't like what I did. That's extremely selfish an goes back to that whole feminist bull. If their was a serious reason that hurt our family then yes I would leave an we would work things out together but her saying "I'm done with this so I'm leaving" is a definite hell no. She probably wasn't working anyway so he was providing for the family. Same goes for that "it's me or the car" $#@!...if a vehicle is really means for you to split up our family then kindly hope off my bean stalk an gtfo.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    No, I would never sacrifice my career for a woman. Want to go? Well then gtfo. There are nearly 7 billion people on the planet, I'm bound to find someone better.

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    yeah i'd quit playing a game for a living over some stupid $#@! who has my nuts in her purse

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

5. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Fack no! The most important to me is me! I'll never leave my career or business for a chick. My girl already knows where the door is and how quick some other chick will jump at the opportunity to be chilling in my house.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    He got trapped, she spawned now he has no balls?
    Whts with all these career threads popping up all a sudden?

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    Was reading this article and the guy gave up football to pursue other things. I ain't mad at 'em, that's great he went out the way he wanted to. But then his wife said this...

Now let's say he really wanted to stay in football and his wife left him, I find that petty and question her love for him. He's pursuing his dream and you're going to leave him because of it? That's mad $#@!ed up if you ask me. But my question to you is, would you drop everything if your chick/man/spouse said they were moving on with or without you pending your answer?

I'd definitely tell the chick to get the $#@! off my lawn if she ever came to me with this type of foolishness. But what say you?
    I would do what was best for my family before I chose to do anything for myself. Other than buying PSU.com that is...

9. Likes bash likes this post
    Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Love is the only thing i want in the world and i would gladly give anything up to get it and keep it but then again i have never had a girlfriend so im probably just insane from loneliness.

EDIT - Just realized this was a over a year old thread bumped recently lol
    Last edited by HellsJester; 12-02-2012 at 08:57.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    If she doesn't support what i do, then she better leave.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Well it would depend on my profession. If i would have been an senior designer at lamborghini i wouldnt leave for sure, doesnt matter how sexy that women would be. If she doesnt like what i am doing and have passion for than she can gtfo. Well i wouldnt even marry such a women in the first place...

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Devious, how did you find this year-old thread?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Devious, how did you find this year-old thread?
    I was on tapatalk and i guess we had a spambot bring it back and i comment after it i didnt even notice it was from 2011..

on my tapatalk it just puts threads in order by reply i cant see the date however not that im on my pc i can see it may bizzle LOL

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Nope, happy having no change
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Thread Information