Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 5 1 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Being $#@!sexual makes no sense.

Is this against the rules? I'm not sure but let me know if it is.

The subject of $#@!sexual comes up from time to time and even though my religion doesn't permit it, I've come to realize over the years that it's not a perverse thing and people do fall in love with the same sex. If it is sick, it's not any more sick than a boy or a girl liking the opposite sex.

Now that that's out of the way.

$#@!sexuality makes no sense to me.

1) You can't reproduce this way. Which is fine and all as it is but if we were all $#@!sexuals, our species would just die off eventually.

2) You're more susceptible to aids with anal sex, which doesn't always apply to lesbians and I've heard a gay man say that it's not the only way for two men to have sex...but isn't majority of the time for men? Are there gay men out there that have never done that? I seriously doubt it. Probably in the minority (hah).

Now, more disclaimers, yes I know that you can also get aids from $#@!l sex. I also know that animals can also be $#@!sexual (monkeys as an example), asexual, and even transexual (worms), transgender etc.

So really what I should be asking is...why is this phenomenon in place when it has no end purpose?

If we were in a world where no one was hetrosexual and the only way to reproduce was to have hetrosexual sex...would the $#@!sexuals engage in hetrosexual intercourse to survive as a species?

I donno if those are good questions or not but I hope I've at least provoked some sort discussion that I intend to learn from.

What is your opinion?

Elite Member
    From an evolutionary standpoint, I guess it doesn't make much sense, but it's something natural, and every species has $#@!sexuals.
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Why should it make sense? Life isn't perfectly fine-tuned.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    From an evolutionary standpoint, I guess it doesn't make much sense, but it's something natural, and every species has $#@!sexuals.
    I disagree, the fact that two men and two women can not reproduce is enough to show it is not natural.

Humans walk on two feet but no other animals do not do it. Does that make walking on two feet unnatural? In other words, just because other beings have or do it does not make it natural.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Friendship is Carrots
    Assuming it is genetic and not a choice/early influence for a person, then it's an evolutionary deadend. $#@!sexuals don't have children, and their genes die off. It's really that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    I disagree, the fact that two men and two women can not reproduce is enough to show it is not natural.

Humans walk on two feet but no other animals do not do it. Does that make walking on two feet unnatural? In other words, just because other beings have or do it does not make it natural.
    $#@!sexuality is 100% natural. That's just a fact.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Elite Member
    There's a difference between what's natural and what's common.
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    $#@!sexuality is 100% natural. That's just a fact.
    Why's it natural? What makes it natural?

Unbound Mercenary
    Amen to that. Its not natural, nor is it meant to be. Its disgusting.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi

I don't understand your analogy. $#@!sexuality in the animal kingdom does show that it's natural.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Friendship is Carrots
    It's an evolutionary byproduct of nature. It's natural, through and through, it being 'right' or 'wrong,' or anything else is irrelevant to it's standing facts.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Neither does being a psychopath or paedophile yet there are plenty of them too. Life is not logical, as much as we try to rationalise it.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    I don't understand your analogy. $#@!sexuality in the animal kingdom does show that it's natural.
    Yes, but is what's natural for humans natural for animals? Let me rephrase it. Is what is natural for animals natural for humans?

Is it natural for us to run across water like that certain lizard? It's not, and one reason is because humans were not made to run across water.

The human male ejaculates a lot of sperm, agree? That's one of the main reasons why humans have survived today, that and the fact that males are driven to pregnant a lot of women. What good is that sperm if it's in another human male? Does that make sense?

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    The thing about $#@!sexuals is that it's possible to love another man. There's no difference between a man loving another man over a man loving a woman. The only difference is that you can re produce and i say who f**king cares. The world is expected to reach 7 billion this year so there's not really a threat of going extinct or nothing like that. As for the aids thing you can get aids from sex with a woman even though it increases with a man it doesn't matter. It's there choice to take that risk because they love each other or there both drunk and horny Seriously when you leave the house you have chance of dying so don't let aids make you afraid.
    I end this with a quote. "There is no good or bad but thinking makes it so" My feelings on the subject

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Friendship is Carrots
    Yes, but is what's natural for humans natural for animals? Let me rephrase it. Is what is natural for animals natural for humans?

Is it natural for us to run across water like that certain lizard? It's not, and one reason is because humans were not made to run across water.

The human male ejaculates a lot of sperm, agree? That's one of the main reasons why humans have survived today, that and the fact that males are driven to pregnant a lot of women. What good is that sperm if it's in another human male? Does that make sense?
    That... doesn't makes sense. Nothing in nature was designed for anything, and even if it was, why should anything be restricted to just that purpose? We cannot run across water because we're physically unable to do so. Two people of the same gender can have sex because they are physically able to do so, and they choose to do so.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

Veteran
    That... doesn't makes sense. Nothing in nature was designed for anything, and even if it was, why should anything be restricted to just that purpose? We cannot run across water because we're physically unable to do so. Two people of the same gender can have sex because they are physically able to do so, and they choose to do so.
    I am sorry it doesn't make any sense.

Please do not take my beliefs the wrong way, everyone. I have NOTHING against $#@!sexuals and I love them the same as heterosexuals and . . . that word that means non sexual.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    Why should it make sense? Life isn't perfectly fine-tuned.
    That's the only reason I can think of so far. Life is full of mystery and you won't always find the reasons.

Assuming it is genetic and not a choice/early influence for a person, then it's an evolutionary deadend. $#@!sexuals don't have children, and their genes die off. It's really that simple.
    Oh I know that but I'm saying, if it is that...then why does it exist?

Sure, it might have a place in some way or another, what doesn't make sense to me is that if it's something that's accepted...then why is it looked at as an anomaly?

It isn't possible for $#@!sexuality to ever be equal in everyone's eyes (not stating my opinions but what will always be the reality among majority) because it's a mystery of life and something that not only has no purpose but was never intended (otherwise it would have a purpose).

Unless that purpose is to keep the population from going over.

Unbound Mercenary
    It's an evolutionary byproduct of nature. It's natural, through and through, it being 'right' or 'wrong,' or anything else is irrelevant to it's standing facts.
    So if a dude, decides to $#@! a cat..does that make it okay because he wants to do it? Or better yet, does it make it natural if a dog $#@!s a girl, simply because the dog started?

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by kwesnoth View Post
    So if a dude, decides to $#@! a cat..does that make it okay because he wants to do it? Or better yet, does it make it natural if a dog $#@!s a girl, simply because the dog started?
    to each there own, right? You only think it's wrong because it doesn't seem right to you. I'm not trying to justify someone doing it but it's his/her choice.
    Last edited by Silvy; 09-23-2011 at 01:31.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knight View Post
    Each to there own, right? You only think it's wrong because it doesn't seem right to you. I'm not trying to justify someone doing it but it's his/her choice.

I'm sorry, but no. Its not natural for two things to have sex, unless to reproduce. Thats the reasoning behind it, its used more as a pleasure, but the reason to have sex is to reproduce.

Good luck with that if two dudes are going at it.

Master Guru

I'm sorry, but no. Its not natural for two things to have sex, unless to reproduce. Thats the reasoning behind it, its used more as a pleasure, but the reason to have sex is to reproduce.

Good luck with that if two dudes are going at it.
    LOL i agree with you that sex should be used to re produce but i don't think it should be used just for that. Pleasure, love, and just cause you f**kingcan. If two dudes are going at it, i won't judge them.

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Because animals also have gay sex, dogs are a good example they will hump anything.

Thank you itachi

Extreme Poster
    Good point.

But a new question arises now, can you say if hetrosexuality is right or wrong?
    Hmm...interesting tangent.

Would anyone have an answer to this?

Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    That's the only reason I can think of so far. Life is full of mystery and you won't always find the reasons.

Oh I know that but I'm saying, if it is that...then why does it exist?
    I don't know the definitive answer. My guess is most gays are not so because of genetic reasoning, but maybe some are. If they are, then it's just a variable in their genetic code, possibly a leftover from before there were two genders? That's a rough guess.

Sure, it might have a place in some way or another, what doesn't make sense to me is that if it's something that's accepted...then why is it looked at as an anomaly?
    Ignorance, religion, bigotry, and legitimate opinions that frown upon it.

It isn't possible for $#@!sexuality to ever be equal in everyone's eyes (not stating my opinions but what will always be the reality among majority) because it's a mystery of life and something that not only has no purpose but was never intended (otherwise it would have a purpose).
    The only conscious purpose is what we give ourselves.

Unless that purpose is to keep the population from going over.
    It wouldn't. Any genes that lead to that type of behavior would die off.

Depends on how far you want to stretch the definition of natural. Technically, all sexual wants have a natural base, it's just choices and influences affect it.
    Last edited by Nerevar; 09-23-2011 at 01:40.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog

There are many examples of $#@!sexuality in nature. It usually occurs the most in species that are overpopulated. Why that occurs I do not know. Maybe a means to cut down on population numbers? Because, as someone said, two of the same gender can't reproduce.

When it comes to $#@!sexuality on a personal level, I could care less who is and who isn't. What people do in their spare time is their business. Who am I to judge? It no less sick than a man and woman holding hands and kissing in public. Love is love, no matter what gender it is towards. Them having sex in their home is no less immoral than straight couples having sex in their home.

Although straight, I personally can't wait until $#@!sexuals can marry across the board just to piss off the bigots and conservative crowd that hate anything and anybody different than themselves and what they personally believe in. I may not like Larry the Cable Guy albums, but you don't see me on a personal crusade to rid the redneck population of their most cherished hero's stand up routine. I simply don't listen to him. Simple and easy. Nobody is forcing you or your children to be gay, so just cut it out.

You can argue against my point of view with religious justification for your opposition of $#@!sexuality....but that'll be the point I stop reading/listening due to the argument being baseless and invalid. I'm not going to try to justify my point of view with Lord of the Rings, Curious George and other works of fiction.
    [COLOR=#fafafa !important]

[/COLOR]

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    It makes sense if you think that a person does not find the opposite sex attractive for whatever reason so they prefer their own sex. Also I personally tend to think humans use to be able to switch gender, much like some frogs, but we lost that due to whatever reasons, hermaphrodites and people being gay tend to support my thinking this way as non of us really know why. Much as not every woman likes it in the butt, not every gay man does. That is really all I got to say as I see this becoming quite the flam and think this is a subject where everyone is welcome to an opinion.
    Last edited by Yuuichi; 09-23-2011 at 01:51.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Thread Information