Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation

Will I be able to play Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep on Vita?

I talked to some Kingdom Hearts fans recently and they stated that KH:BBS will most likely NEVER be a downloadable title in PlayStation Store. They stated that Disney had a problem with the notion of KH BBS being a downloadable title.

My question to you guys is, is this true? I read some things and what I read was a rep from Square said they have no plans RIGHT NOW of bring KHBBS to the PlayStation Store. What I got from that was there's either a 50/50 chance or they just weren't going to make it downloadable soon.

With Sony stating there will be plenty of PSP support when the PS Vita launches, what are the chances that Birth by Sleep will be one of those PSP games available for download?
    Currently Playing: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire for the Nintendo 3DS

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Those fans were right, Disney is holding it back. The person from Square said they have no plans now and probably never will but its just PR. Basically unless Disney changes their mind you won't be able to play it on VITA which sucks unless they make a UMD addon.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Those fans were right, Disney is holding it back. The person from Square said they have no plans now and probably never will but its just PR. Basically unless Disney changes their mind you won't be able to play it on VITA which sucks unless they make a UMD addon.
    That truly does suck.

Forum Sage
    The reason why BBS isn't downloadable yet seems to at least partly stem from Disney. That's the only logical conclusion given that Square Enix has released a steady stream of PS1 Classics, all of their PSP games of the past 2-3 years (except BBS, of course), and even some older PSP games (FFI & II, FF Tactics: War of the Lions) on PSN.

The last comment straight from the source (Tetsuya Nomura himself) is a vague "there's maybe something in the pipeline", which could mean a myriad of things (PSP Remaster for PS3, Vita-enhanced version or they are just working through some obstacle that is preventing them from releasing the PSP version digitally at this time).

What are the chances of you getting to play BBS day 1 on Vita? I'd say moderately low. But if publishers continue releasing PSP games through PSN even after Vita's launch... it could maybe happen, some day.

Now playing: PSP: Persona 3 Portable (3)DS: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D PS3: deBlob 2 PC: The Witcher 2
    Next In Line: Ghost Trick
    Recently Finished:

Veteran
    Thank you, Azu, your reply gives me hope.

Thread Information