Latest PSU headlines:

Elite Guru

Datura: the new Move game by Plastic and Sony Santa Monica

Didn't notice this posted in the first couple of pages of posts so I figured I'd just throw this out there for you guys.

http://www.iwaggle3d.com/2011/09/pla...s-name-of.html
    Plastic Confirms "Datura" As The Name Of The Mysterious Santa Monica Studio Production

Polish demoscene group Plastic confirmed to iWaggle3D today that "Datura" is indeed the name of the mysterious Move game we have been guess working around these last few weeks.

Since earlier this month, three mysterious videos have popped up online, hinting at some yet unannounced Move-related production.

The first one, published via YouTube on September 8th under the title of "Odd Forest" (now renamed "Datura - first teaser") was quickly linked to the Polish developers by the investigative work of NeoGAF member Toppot. The developers subsequently confirmed their involvement, adding that God of War creator Santa Monica Studio is producing the project.

A couple of weeks later, two new videos were released on YouTube, apparently identical but actually slightly different both in content and uploader IDs. That was when the "Datura" name was cracked, which now Plastic has confirmed to iWaggle3D as the official one.

Without revealing much else about it, Plastic was also kind enough to share further information on this still quite mysterious project.

As hinted by the blurred car sequence in the last two videos, Datura will indeed support stereoscopic 3D, but probably the most important bit of news to many is that this is not a tech demo nor some sort of an "experience" akin to Linger in Shadows (previous Plastic work for PS3).

Datura is an actual game, of a yet unknown genre that is, but still a game.

Moreover, Datura isn't a Move-only effort as initially believed, but it is actually compatible with the DualShock 3 as well. A closer analysis of both videos reveals this. Looking at the bottom right portion of the screen in the comparison video below (at the 0:30 mark), one footage shows a DualShock 3 icon (its L2 trigger animated and colored in orange), whereas the other one shows a Move controller.

Just to be sure I was not seeing things I've asked Plastic for a confirmation and the answer was positive. That said, the developer was keen to point out that the (quite fascinating) virtual hand technology displayed in these videos has been in development for the last couple of years, specifically for the Move. How does that translate to the DS3 interface is anyone's guess at this time, as well as to what extent the hybrid nature of the interaction interferes with the full expression of Move potential.

Finally, upon suggesting that the forest shown in the videos might act as some sort of hub from which the player enters different worlds through doors or other passages, and that whatever he does in those "other worlds" affects the look of the forest itself (as hinted by the way the forest looks in the last shots of both videos - looks brighter in the "pig lives" one), Plastic wouldn't confirm but conceded an encouraging "it's a very good deduction!".

Look forward to more Datura news shortly. A "proper" unveiling is apparently expected in the next few days.
    I think they might be confused with the Dualshock compatibility though, since you can use either a navigation controller OR a Dualshock to control a character in a Move game that requires navigation so they're probably over thinking it but without more hard information almost anything is possible with this title.

Also there is an alternate version of the video above, here's a comparison video as posted in the article above.

Extreme Poster
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yup, exactly what I was thinking. I hate it when news website people are dumb.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    oh man.. i LOVE datura... wait oh you mean the game...
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Elite Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Move-game eh? Disappointment. :/
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    I thought Move looked kind of cool in the video. Smart implementation might make me dusting off my move controller.

Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    oh man.. i LOVE datura... wait oh you mean the game...
    Never met anyone who tried datura and would like to try again.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    I thought Move looked kind of cool in the video. Smart implementation might make me dusting off my move controller.

Never met anyone who tried datura and would like to try again.
    are you kidding me? even as someone who can say they are experts with hallucinogenics... i would never touch that stuff (and it grows crazy everywhere out here) That stuff is pure insanity... lol.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mael Duin View Post
    Move-game eh? Disappointment. :/
    Oh please, you act like this is Sony Santa Monica's major title they're working on. This just adds to the long list of games Santa Monica is helping out with, such as Journey and Starhawk. I'm sure there is a major AAA game they are secretly working on, I hope it's a new IP. Dentura looks very interesting though.

Thread Information