Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    I am only creating this thread to help those with both console choose the better platform for this game. Last night my neighbor and I compared the PS3 and 360 version on the exact same tv with the exact same settings. I really thought the PS3 was going to outperform the 360. To my surprise I found that the 360 was better from head to toe. I also feel that this would only be an issue if you try to compare the games yourselves. You would probably never notice the issues if you only played the PS3 version.The Xbox 360 version is more vibrant. The colors really pop out. Everything is very smooth but there is sometimes a split second delay with the graphics. You will notice the textures are blurry then the detail pops in. It happens very fast so it is not something that should annoy you. The PS3 however seems to do this more often and takes a tad longer for the detail to set in. Also during the opening sequence I noticed the PS3 version would chug or stagger a little more than the 360.The PS3 graphics seem to have a slight white mist about it. Almost like you have chlorine in your eyes. Overall both games are outstanding and those with only a PS3 will not think anything about the graphics and such. Unless of course you play the game on the 360 eventually.Bottom line - Those with both consoles may want to grab this game on the 360. It is full 1080p and seems to run a little better.I do hope this does not start any sort of flame war.The games were tested on a new 320gb Slim Xbox 360 and a 120gb Slim PS3. Both games were full installed to their console.
    I've had alot of playtime with both versions and I totally agree with your observations. +rep

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I've had alot of playtime with both versions and I totally agree with your observations. +rep
    thank you! I am glad someone else was able to compare these 2 games and confirm the results.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    DO you have an Nvidia card?
    AMD users are $#@! out of luck, AMD needs to pull their finger out of their arse and get with it and write some proper OGL drivers, there is always at least 1 issue with every OGL game more so on the older ones.

People report the game runs fine on 8800/9800GTX yes a 6890 struggles hell even sandybridge onboard GPU can do 30FPS.

PS bunnyhop for the win.
    I've got a GTX580 in one machine and a 6990 in another. The game runs beautifully on the 580, but I can't even get it to run at all with the 6990 - it stutters and freezes every few seconds making it totally unplayable. The machine with a 580 in it is my main gaming rig so my experience has been fine, but I feel for folks trying to play the game with AMD hardware. Not cool.
    i7 4770 | 2x EVGA GTX 780 ti SC ACX SLI | 32GB
    i7 3770 | EVGA SC GTX 580 3GB​ | 16GB

Superior Member
    Bottom line - Those with both consoles may want to grab this game on the 360. It is full 1080p and seems to run a little better.
    Again, what evidence do you have that the game runs at 1080p (non-upscaled) on either of the consoles? So far every direct feed screenshot I've found from either console has been in 720p.
    i7 4770 | 2x EVGA GTX 780 ti SC ACX SLI | 32GB
    i7 3770 | EVGA SC GTX 580 3GB​ | 16GB

Super Elite
    Can someone with the PC version just verify something for me, I came to believe this game offered offline co op (A BIG thing to me since online co op I consider worthless if no offline mode is also available) A friend who has the game was complaining that the game has NO offline co op and apparently according to me google is too hard to use (I'm already in this thread lol) so could someone confirm this? If not I'll be pissed more so than the slow download I can't seem to fix
    if I am in the PS3 or 360 section I will NOT post about the competitor just to please people, if you want to know what I think about the competitor link me to a thread in the appropriate section

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnzy View Post
    Can someone with the PC version just verify something for me, I came to believe this game offered offline co op (A BIG thing to me since online co op I consider worthless if no offline mode is also available) A friend who has the game was complaining that the game has NO offline co op and apparently according to me google is too hard to use (I'm already in this thread lol) so could someone confirm this? If not I'll be pissed more so than the slow download I can't seem to fix
    Looking on co-optimus you get:
    PS3 and Xbox 360 have:
    Local Co-Op: Yes
    Number of Players Offline: 2 Players
    Online Co-Op: Yes
    Number of Players Online: 2 Players
    LAN or System Link: Yes
    Number of Players via LAN or System link: 2 Players
    Splitscreen: Yes
    Simultaneous Local and Online Co-Op: No
    Number of Players Online with Local: 0 Players
    Drop-In / Drop-Out: No
    Co-Op Specific Content: Yes
    Single player content available in Co-Op: No
    PC has:
    Local Co-Op: No
    Number of Players Offline: 0 Players
    Online Co-Op: Yes
    Number of Players Online: 2 Players
    LAN or System Link: Yes
    Number of Players via LAN or System link: 2 Players
    Splitscreen: No
    Simultaneous Local and Online Co-Op: No
    Number of Players Online with Local: 0 Players
    Drop-In / Drop-Out: No
    Co-Op Specific Content: Yes
    Single player content available in Co-Op: No
    Seems you were looking at the console version man
    Last edited by Fenix; 10-07-2011 at 05:12.

Sig&Av by Kuro

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4
    DragonAge3DWitcher3Order1886Uncharted4Batman:AKDyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by sneezymarble View Post
    Again, what evidence do you have that the game runs at 1080p (non-upscaled) on either of the consoles? So far every direct feed screenshot I've found from either console has been in 720p.
    The back of the case says 1080p on the 360. The PS3 only says 720p. Is there proof that the 360 version is not 1080p? Naturally if you are looking at comparison pictures they will both be on the same resolution or it would not be a fair comparison.

When I play the 360 version my tv says 1080p. When I play the PS3 version my tv says 720p. Not sure what else you want me to say...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/220530/carmack-rage-runs-faster-on-xbox-360/

T
    hat link says the PS3 version was only running half the fps as the 360 version. PS3 would drop below 30fps if it was 1080p which is why it only does 720p and the Xbox does 1080p.

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    This game is not true 1080p you newbs lol.
    Do you have a link or anything? Not sure why everyone thinks all 1080p is upscaled?
    Last edited by Lethal; 10-07-2011 at 06:20.

Forum Overseer
    Do you have a link or anything? Not sure why everyone thinks all 1080p is upscaled?
    Because it's not possible with those graphics (not to mention, scale and physics).

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Supports 1080p, it definitely isn't native 1080p.

Forum Sage
    The back of the case says 1080p on the 360. The PS3 only says 720p. Is there proof that the 360 version is not 1080p? Naturally if you are looking at comparison pictures they will both be on the same resolution or it would not be a fair comparison.

When I play the 360 version my tv says 1080p. When I play the PS3 version my tv says 720p. Not sure what else you want me to say...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/220530/carmack-rage-runs-faster-on-xbox-360/

T
    hat link says the PS3 version was only running half the fps as the 360 version. PS3 would drop below 30fps if it was 1080p which is why it only does 720p and the Xbox does 1080p.

I very much doubt either console can run the game at 1080p. How many this games this generation (retail) have been at 1080p? If the game was 1080p you can bet the developers would be screaming that so everyone knew it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Because it's not possible with those graphics (not to mention, scale and physics).
    Pretty much this. Don't fool yourself because the console upscales it.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Its a sad day for PC gaming if Xbox is 1080p native and at 60FPS.
    Date of that article some one linked to is over 2 years ago FFS. Thursday 30-Jul-2009

No local co-op on PC but there is LAN play, that makes no sense to me.
    Last edited by keefy; 10-07-2011 at 13:03.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Local should mean on 1 system.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Its a sad day for PC gaming if Xbox is 1080p native and at 60FPS.
    Date of that article some one linked to is over 2 years ago FFS. Thursday 30-Jul-2009

It's not 1080p, so no worries about PC gaming.

Forum Overseer
    Because generally PC gamers play alone (when offline).

And the game couldn't run at a steady 30fps with the best rigs when it launched.

Super Elite
    Well my current experience with the PC version goes like so

FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE

So yeah... money not very well spent right now Worst thing is I kind think I need to format so it's not all RAGE lol
    if I am in the PS3 or 360 section I will NOT post about the competitor just to please people, if you want to know what I think about the competitor link me to a thread in the appropriate section

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    LOL Minnzy... I was experiencing the same thing. Saved me some money from trying before buying.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    As for the console versions, they both looks fine to me.

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/rage...s-ps3-face-off

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Super Elite
    I'm just hoping my request for a refund is honoured, so far a few friends have done so and it has been so fingers crossed

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Yeah it looks great on both consoles, and I think when you're playing it on a big television in the comfort of your living room, you'd probably have a hard time distinguising between them

Should come down to controller/online preference as well as ach/trophy preference, to be honest. Seriously, in motion I don't think I could even tell the difference on my TV, and even if I could it wouldn't hinder my experience as I'd rather play on my preferred controller than sit there thinking woohoo check out the extra fog or sharper textures (with the help of a magnifying glass) =P

Though when the difference is big and very noticeable (such as F1 2011 - FU Codemasters) then I'm all for buying the superior product

Ultimate Veteran
    Also theres this

I don't care what the OP thought he saw.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Also theres this

I don't care what the OP thought he saw.
    There is no thinking what I saw. And there is another member that compared the 2 games and agreed with everything I said. Sorry but it is what it is.

All these videos you guys look at are recorded directly from the console. These are not what you see on your tv. We all view these games from our tv's so the results are not going to be the same as these recorded videos. These videos are recorded directly from the the video feed out of the consoles......
    Last edited by Lethal; 10-08-2011 at 19:00.

Ultimate Veteran
    There is no thinking what I saw. And there is another member that compared the 2 games and agreed with everything I said. Sorry but it is what it is.

All these videos you guys look at are recorded directly from the console. These are not what you see on your tv. We all view these games from our tv's so the results are not going to be the same as these recorded videos. These videos are recorded directly from the the video feed out of the consoles......
    So? If the PS3 is outputting it like this then your TV must be mess up or something. Maybe you changed the settings to adjust for the darker 360 games?
    The games are so close it's worse than splitting hairs, some textures look better on 360 and some better on PS3.

I really don't think it's worth making a fuss over. Or even 2 threads.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Definitely agree with the "It's not 1080p on console" posts in this thread. We've covered this ground many a time before, but consoles just don't really have the meat in them to put out a true 1080p game while maintaining hallmark features want. Great graphics, stable framerates, epic battles\scope.

I mean yes, a console could make a total 1080p game. It'd just be nowhere near as jaw dropping as say Gears 3 or Killzone 3 in the visual department. Cannot be done.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    So? If the PS3 is outputting it like this then your TV must be mess up or something. Maybe you changed the settings to adjust for the darker 360 games?
    The games are so close it's worse than splitting hairs, some textures look better on 360 and some better on PS3.

I really don't think it's worth making a fuss over. Or even 2 threads.
    You clearly do not understand. If you record footage from the 360 or PS3 console straight to the recorder then you are not seeing exactly what the tv would be showing. You are recording a direct feed without the crossover to the tv. When the video feed gets to the tv you will see what everyone else sees. If you were to actually try this yourself and play both games on the same tv with the same settings you will clearly see the PS3 version lacks immediately. And you will then see why these videos which are recorded straight from the console is a not a true representation of what you will actually see when playing.

I also specifically stated that both games were tested with the exact same settings.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    You clearly do not understand. If you record footage from the 360 or PS3 console straight to the recorder then you are not seeing exactly what the tv would be showing. You are recording a direct feed without the crossover to the tv. When the video feed gets to the tv you will see what everyone else sees. If you were to actually try this yourself and play both games on the same tv with the same settings you will clearly see the PS3 version lacks immediately. And you will then see why these videos which are recorded straight from the console is a not a true representation of what you will actually see when playing.I also specifically stated that both games were tested with the exact same settings.
    Yep, exactly. Like you I also played on the same TV with the same settings and came to the exact same conclusion that you did.

Thread Information