Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

My Rage PS3 vs 360 comparison.....

I am only creating this thread to help those with both console choose the better platform for this game. Last night my neighbor and I compared the PS3 and 360 version on the exact same tv with the exact same settings. I really thought the PS3 was going to outperform the 360. To my surprise I found that the 360 was better from head to toe. I also feel that this would only be an issue if you try to compare the games yourselves. You would probably never notice the issues if you only played the PS3 version.

The Xbox 360 version is more vibrant. The colors really pop out. Everything is very smooth but there is sometimes a split second delay with the graphics. You will notice the textures are blurry then the detail pops in. It happens very fast so it is not something that should annoy you. The PS3 however seems to do this more often and takes a tad longer for the detail to set in. Also during the opening sequence I noticed the PS3 version would chug or stagger a little more than the 360.

The PS3 graphics seem to have a slight white mist about it. Almost like you have chlorine in your eyes. Overall both games are outstanding and those with only a PS3 will not think anything about the graphics and such. Unless of course you play the game on the 360 eventually.

Bottom line - Those with both consoles may want to grab this game on the 360. It is full 1080p and seems to run a little better.

I do hope this does not start any sort of flame war.

The games were tested on a new 320gb Slim Xbox 360 and a 120gb Slim PS3. Both games were full installed to their console.

The TV used is a Samsung 50" Magnolia Plasma 3D with exactly the same settings for both consoles.
    Last edited by Lethal; 10-08-2011 at 20:01.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Xbox 360 version is 1080p. Lame sauce.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Moved to the comparison thread
    LMAO

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Good luck with that.

First I've heard of this. From what I've seen the differences are minuscule when compared on various sites around the web. Regardless of what version has that 2% edge, other factors will come into play that make the purchasing decision for most. Network preferences, friends, controller etc.

These threads only lead to locking, people getting ridiculed for differing opinions, and eventual bans. This will be my only post within it. Done.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by unicron7 View Post
    Good luck with that.

First I've heard of this. From what I've seen the differences are minuscule when compared on various sites around the web. Regardless of what version has that 2% edge, other factors will come into play that make the purchasing decision for most. Network preferences, friends, controller etc.

These threads only lead to locking, people getting ridiculed for differing opinions, and eventual bans. This will be my only post within it. Done.

Then I suggest everyone acts like adults about it. I have never heard of a thread banning anyone. I feel my opinion is respected around here and I am sure there are many that would like to know which console runs the game better and what the differences are.

If anyone has both consoles and wants to test out my comparisons, please do. You will find I am 100% accurate with what you read.
    Last edited by Lethal; 10-05-2011 at 22:35.

Soldier 95B
    I am only creating this thread to help those with both console choose the better platform for this game. Last night my neighbor and I compared the PS3 and 360 version on the exact same tv with the exact same settings. I really thought the PS3 was going to outperform the 360. To my surprise I found that the 360 was better from head to toe. I also feel that this would only be an issue if you try to compare the games yourselves. You would probably never notice the issues if you only played the PS3 version.

The Xbox 360 version is more vibrant. The colors really pop out. Everything is very smooth but there is sometimes a split second delay with the graphics. You will notice the textures are blurry then the detail pops in. It happens very fast so it is not something that should annoy you. The PS3 however seems to do this more often and takes a tad longer for the detail to set in. Also during the opening sequence I noticed the PS3 version would chug or stagger a little more than the 360.

The PS3 graphics seem to have a slight white mist about it. Almost like you have chlorine in your eyes. Overall both games are outstanding and those with only a PS3 will not think anything about the graphics and such. Unless of course you play the game on the 360 eventually.

Bottom line - Those with both consoles may want to grab this game on the 360. It is full 1080p and seems to run a little better.

The games were tested on a new 320gb Slim Xbox 360 and a 120gb Slim PS3.
    Good read, and thanks for the information. I have been reading similar stories. I am just trying to figure out if this game is for me yet. I think I need to watch more video on it though first to see if the game play really will appeal to me.

Super Elite
    In a reasonable world no flame war should occur, you don't over exagerate or bad mouth anything so if someone does try to flame they should get a slap in the face. I'm just hoping I don't have any issues, downloading it now and apparently the game hates ATI cards. :O
    if I am in the PS3 or 360 section I will NOT post about the competitor just to please people, if you want to know what I think about the competitor link me to a thread in the appropriate section

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    There is no reason a comparison thread can't stay civil and be discussed. Fault lies solely on members in the thread to keep it that way.
    LMAO

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnzy View Post
    In a reasonable world no flame war should occur, you don't over exagerate or bad mouth anything so if someone does try to flame they should get a slap in the face. I'm just hoping I don't have any issues, downloading it now and apparently the game hates ATI cards. :O
    Try this driver. http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...erfDriver.aspx

Super Elite
    Oh nice thanks for that.
    if I am in the PS3 or 360 section I will NOT post about the competitor just to please people, if you want to know what I think about the competitor link me to a thread in the appropriate section

Soldier 95B
    You will have to let us know how the PC version is Minnzy.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    You will have to let us know how the PC version is Minnzy.
    Will do... though I suspect Steam servers are currently being drained for all they're worth, my downloads at like 3kbs, might need to change servers :O

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    so far the PC version has been a nightmare for me. Might be my specs though..

AMD X2 5000+
    GTX 460
    6GB RAM (ddr2)

I'll post some screens in a little bit in a PC rage thread instead of jacking this one.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post

AMD X2 5000+
    GTX 460
    6GB RAM (ddr2)

I'll post some screens in a little bit in a PC rage thread instead of jacking this one.
    ts not your specs, the PC version has some serious bugs, a lot of people of various websites have reported a lot of screen tearing and slow texture loads.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post

AMD X2 5000+
    GTX 460
    6GB RAM (ddr2)

You might want to try this Fear.

How To Unlock Rage's High Resolution Textures With A Few Simple Tweaks

http://www.geforce.com/News/articles...-simple-tweaks

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Thanks for the info. Will try in a little bit.

Forum Overseer
    This game is not true 1080p you newbs lol.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    the fact its 3 discs, is a no no for me.

So imma get it on ps3, besides, i cant tell any major difference

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    I assume you didn't as you didn't mention it, but did you install the game on the 360?

If you do, please let us know if it makes a difference.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    I assume you didn't as you didn't mention it, but did you install the game on the 360?

If you do, please let us know if it makes a difference.
    Oh yes. I install all my 360 games. And the Rage install is not optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    This game is not true 1080p you newbs lol.
    Either way, the 360 version has a higher resolution than the PS3 version.
    Last edited by Lethal; 10-06-2011 at 15:19.

Apprentice
    Lens of truth has a H2H and CVG made this video:http://www.computerandvideogames.com...rison/?mode=hd
    Itīs pretty much the same.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by JVH View Post
    Lens of truth has a H2H and CVG made this video:http://www.computerandvideogames.com...rison/?mode=hd
    Itīs pretty much the same.
    I watched that video before I compared the 2 games as well. You have to just play them both to see the differences. I expected the PS3 version to be darker because I watched that video. It turned out to be not dark at all. Almost cloudy.

Dedicated Member
    Either way, the 360 version has a higher resolution than the PS3 version.
    Other than you merely asserting that, is there any evidence to support your claim that "the 360 version has a higher resolution than the PS3 version"? Just curious, I don't care either way since I've got the game for PC. However, NowGamer posted several screenshots from the 360 and PS3 version of the game which they appear to have taken from direct feeds of the game. The shots from both the PS3 and 360 are 1280x720.

PS3

PC 720p 16xAA

PC 1080p 8xAA

PS3

PC 720p 16xAA

PC 1080p 8xAA

You can see some differences between the consoles. In particular, there are some texture resolution differences in some places. Though, it's difficult to judge which comes out on top, and it's actually sort of odd how things differ. For example, the railing in the first set of shots has higher resolution textures on the 360 than the PS3. But, the small rock at the bottom of the screen and near the right side has a higher resolution texture on the PS3 than the 360. Things like that. Both objects are in the foreground. Why the difference?

On my system there is absolutely no texture pop-in anymore, and the texture resolution is as high as it goes. The game runs at a solid 60fps at 720p with 16xAA. 16xAA at 1080p introduces frame dips down to the mid 30s in some locations and re-introduces texture pop-in. At 8xAA in 1080p the game runs perfectly at 60fps with absolutely no pop-in. Static images don't do justice to the dramatic difference between either of the consoles and the PC version at 60fps, 1080p, with no pop-in and textures as high as they go. The game looks nice on the consoles. It looks cinematic and even photo realistic in some places on the the PC.
    i7 4770 | EVGA GTX 780 ti SC ACX | 32GB
    i7 3770 |
    EVGA GTX 780 ti SC ACX | 16GB

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by sneezymarble View Post
    Other than you merely asserting that, is there any evidence to support your claim that "the 360 version has a higher resolution than the PS3 version"? Just curious, I don't care either way since I've got the game for PC. However, NowGamer posted several screenshots from the 360 and PS3 version of the game which they appear to have taken from direct feeds of the game. The shots from both the PS3 and 360 are 1280x720.

PS3

PC 720p 16xAA

PC 1080p 8xAA

PS3

PC 720p 16xAA

PC 1080p 8xAA

You can see some differences between the consoles. In particular, there are some texture resolution differences in some places. Though, it's difficult to judge which comes out on top, and it's actually sort of odd how things differ. For example, the railing in the first set of shots has higher resolution textures on the 360 than the PS3. But, the small rock at the bottom of the screen and near the right side has a higher resolution texture on the PS3 than the 360. Things like that. Both objects are in the foreground. Why the difference?

On my system there is absolutely no texture pop-in anymore, and the texture resolution is as high as it goes. The game runs at a solid 60fps at 720p with 16xAA. 16xAA at 1080p introduces frame dips down to the mid 30s in some locations and re-introduces texture pop-in. At 8xAA in 1080p the game runs perfectly at 60fps with absolutely no pop-in. Static images don't do justice to the dramatic difference between either of the consoles and the PC version at 60fps, 1080p, with no pop-in and textures as high as they go. The game looks nice on the consoles. It looks cinematic and even photo realistic in some places on the the PC.
    +rep. Great post. Pretty much what I expected.
    Last edited by unicron7; 10-06-2011 at 21:21.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    DO you have an Nvidia card?
    AMD users are $#@! out of luck, AMD needs to pull their finger out of their arse and get with it and write some proper OGL drivers, there is always at least 1 issue with every OGL game more so on the older ones.

People report the game runs fine on 8800/9800GTX yes a 6890 struggles hell even sandybridge onboard GPU can do 30FPS.

PS bunnyhop for the win.
    Last edited by keefy; 10-06-2011 at 22:47.

Thread Information