Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 180
  1. #51
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,713
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    80,461 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    you'll live better with a proper omnivore diet is incorrect. Plus the whole thing on vegetarian's and their deficiencies.
    Studies are wrong, and less eating options is better? OK....
    Add me on Steam!


    [Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

  2. #52
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    7,984
    Rep Power
    112
    Points
    43,240 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Studies are wrong, and less eating options is better? OK....
    This is your response? Seriously? There are so many studies on the subject that even if a few were incorrect it wouldn't matter at all.

    Hell there are several hundred million vegetarians in India alone and they seem to be doing fine.

    Less options? DO you have any idea the number the fruits and vegetables there are on this planet. It vastly outnumbers the regular available meat choices.

    I could probably list several fruits/vegetables I've eaten that you probably have not, or even heard of.

    Drop it an, you (and anybody else that wants to eat meat) is fine, but don't go around spouting misinformation that you must eat meat in order to have a proper diet and therefore cannot maintain a proper diet as a vegetarian (without supplements/vitamins).

  3. #53
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,713
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    80,461 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    This is your response? Seriously? There are so many studies on the subject that even if a few were incorrect it wouldn't matter at all.

    Hell there are several hundred million vegetarians in India alone and they seem to be doing fine.

    Less options? DO you have any idea the number the fruits and vegetables there are on this planet. It vastly outnumbers the regular available meat choices.

    I could probably list several fruits/vegetables I've eaten that you probably have not, or even heard of.

    Drop it an, you (and anybody else that wants to eat meat) is fine, but don't go around spouting misinformation that you must eat meat in order to have a proper diet and therefore cannot maintain a proper diet as a vegetarian (without supplements/vitamins).
    You're the one espousing that a pure vegan diet is better than a proper omnivore diet. What a joke.
    Add me on Steam!


    [Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

  4. #54
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,562
    Rep Power
    191
    Points
    108,170 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Rapture, I think you may have confused him with someone else in the thread...I looked back into it, this was MATRIX's reply earlier:

    Wrong, you can sustain yourself properly with a vegetarian diet without having to rely on supplements or vitamin pills.

    A vegan diet, however is not sustainable without those supplements/pills.
    He did differentiate that a vegan diet will need supplements but a vegetarian diet won't.

    Interesting because I might look into this whole vegetarian diet...I don't think I can ever become a pure vegetarian for various reasons, including social ones and sadly, convenience (learning how to make vegetarian stuff) but I think I will definitely lessen the meat diet quite a lot.

  5. #55
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    7,984
    Rep Power
    112
    Points
    43,240 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Rapture, I think you may have confused him with someone else in the thread...I looked back into it, this was MATRIX's reply earlier:



    He did differentiate that a vegan diet will need supplements but a vegetarian diet won't.

    Interesting because I might look into this whole vegetarian diet...I don't think I can ever become a pure vegetarian for various reasons, including social ones and sadly, convenience (learning how to make vegetarian stuff) but I think I will definitely lessen the meat diet quite a lot.
    You are from pakistan. The native cuisine makes it pretty easy (though it is more meat biased than Indian cuisine).

  6. #56
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,562
    Rep Power
    191
    Points
    108,170 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    You are from pakistan. The native cuisine makes it pretty easy (though it is more meat biased than Indian cuisine).
    Yup. I married an Indian and due to her, I know that Indian food is vegetable-based and it's a lot more healthy imo than the cuisines that we make (which is like you mentioned, meat-based).

    For me, the huge problem before was to find healthy meat and stop eating processed foods...and that look a lot of effort and knowledge. I've tried going more vegetarian but it's a lot tougher than going non-processed (readily available) foods. Living away from parents is tough, we're always scrambling to find ways to make sure we have enough food at home that is healthy to eat.

    My wife can't cook all the time, she has to take care of the baby, the house and she goes to school. I try to help out but like I said, it's tough to "not" go out and eat restaurant or cafe food because it's not easy to always prepare food at home.

    On top of that, pretty much everyone I know is not a complete vegetarian so there's another issue if you go to a party or to a relative's house.

    It's tougher than quitting smoking imo (without the nicotine of course lol but I guess that nullifies my analogy). Ok, it's like trying to quit smoking while everyone else around you smokes...actually to me that'd still be easier, imo of course. I can handle addiction (I am a gamer!) but it's tougher to handle hunger.

  7. #57
    Superior Member
    ozman79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Age
    35
    Posts
    818
    Rep Power
    47
    Points
    6,009 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    The meat you refer to is highly variable. If it is fresh/ not full of preservatives than it may offer the benefits of eating meat without the negatives. However if it is a processed/preserved meat or cooked in a certain fashion it can and will have detrimental effects on your health. Also light consumption is fine. but medium or heavy consumption can cause health issues.
    Which is exactly what I already said...

    Quote Originally Posted by ozman79 View Post
    As for any detrimental health effects from meat consumption, it's more a case of how the meat is produced, and how it is cooked, than the properties of the meat itself. As with many of the things we consume that can be considered health risks, moderation is the key to everything.
    ..so I'm not sure what your point is.

  8. #58
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    7,984
    Rep Power
    112
    Points
    43,240 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by ozman79 View Post
    Which is exactly what I already said...



    ..so I'm not sure what your point is.
    My point is that most people do not consume meat in the ways and quantities that are beneficial to their health, so that their meat consumption is working against their health/well being more so than a vegetarian diet without any meat consumption.

    In the end they are worse off than the vegetarians, which partially makes your point moot.

  9. #59
    Superior Member
    ozman79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Age
    35
    Posts
    818
    Rep Power
    47
    Points
    6,009 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    My point is that most people do not consume meat in the ways and quantities that are beneficial to their health, so that their meat consumption is working against their health/well being more so than a vegetarian diet without any meat consumption.
    Nobody is denying that and you're just stating the obvious again.

    In the end they are worse off than the vegetarians, which partially makes your point moot.
    No, it doesn't make my point moot. You're so eager to put us all right that you are failing to understand what is actually being said. My point relates to the basic principle of humans eating meat, not how we eat and produce it now. If we all ate proper proportions of unprocessed fresh meat as our ancestors did, our diet would be as low risk as you're saying a vegetarian diet is.
    Last edited by ozman79; 10-08-2011 at 23:49.

  10. #60
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    7,984
    Rep Power
    112
    Points
    43,240 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by ozman79 View Post
    Nobody is denying that and you're just stating the obvious again.



    No, it doesn't make my point moot. You're so eager to put us all right that you are failing to understand what is actually being said. My point relates to the basic principle of humans eating meat, not how we eat and produce it now. If we all ate proper proportions of unprocessed fresh meat as our ancestors did, our diet would be as low risk as you're saying a vegetarian diet is.
    But that is not the case of our present day reality.

    And even if that was the case today, there are still real health issues concerning the consumption of red meat, regardless about how it is prepared/preserved.

    My point still stands.

  11. #61
    Superior Member
    ozman79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Age
    35
    Posts
    818
    Rep Power
    47
    Points
    6,009 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    But that is not the case of our present day reality.
    Where the hell did I say it was? Why are you arguing a point with me that has nothing to do with what I'm saying? Go argue with someone who actually said an omnivorous diet was better than a vegetarian one, since that isn't me.

    And even if that was the case today, there are still real health issues concerning the consumption of red meat, regardless about how it is prepared/preserved.

    My point still stands.
    It's like talking to a brick wall.

  12. Likes sainraja likes this post
  13. #62
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    7,984
    Rep Power
    112
    Points
    43,240 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by ozman79 View Post
    Where the hell did I say it was? Why are you arguing a point with me that has nothing to do with what I'm saying? Go argue with someone who actually said an omnivorous diet was better than a vegetarian one, since that isn't me.



    It's like talking to a brick wall.



    Quote Originally Posted by ozman79 View Post
    Nobody is denying that and you're just stating the obvious again.



    No, it doesn't make my point moot. You're so eager to put us all right that you are failing to understand what is actually being said. My point relates to the basic principle of humans eating meat, not how we eat and produce it now. If we all ate proper proportions of unprocessed fresh meat as our ancestors did, our diet would be as low risk as you're saying a vegetarian diet is.
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    But that is not the case of our present day reality.

    And even if that was the case today, there are still real health issues concerning the consumption of red meat, regardless about how it is prepared/preserved.

    My point still stands.

  14. #63
    Superior Member
    ozman79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Age
    35
    Posts
    818
    Rep Power
    47
    Points
    6,009 (0 Banked)
    You have no clue what you're talking about. There are no major inherant health risks to eating balanced proportions of meat in of itself. It would be idiotic to claim so when our bodies evolved specifically to exist on a balanced diet of meat and vegetables. The health risks involved come from the way it is processed and cooked, and overconsumption, nothing more. If you lived only off the things you killed, prepared and cooked yourself in a healthy way, the risks would be negligable. It's our reliance on mass-produced supermarket meat, heavily processed meats, and fast food that causes the problem.

  15. #64
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    7,984
    Rep Power
    112
    Points
    43,240 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by ozman79 View Post
    You have no clue what you're talking about. There are no major inherant health risks to eating balanced proportions of meat in of itself. It would be idiotic to claim so when our bodies evolved specifically to exist on a balanced diet of meat and vegetables. The health risks involved come from the way it is processed and cooked, and overconsumption, nothing more. If you lived only off the things you killed, prepared and cooked yourself in a healthy way, the risks would be negligable. It's our reliance on mass-produced supermarket meat, heavily processed meats, and fast food that causes the problem.
    You are incorrect. Regarding red meat (for the most part), it is not just the preservation, cooking, and consumption levels. It is inherent to the meat itself.

  16. #65
    Superior Member
    ozman79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Age
    35
    Posts
    818
    Rep Power
    47
    Points
    6,009 (0 Banked)
    Whatever. I can't be arsed going in circles with you anymore when I could be playing DCUO. I'll pick this up again tomorrow.

  17. #66
    Master Guru
    Silvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Age
    21
    Posts
    7,100
    Rep Power
    79
    Points
    28,043 (31,233 Banked)
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Well, if you eat both of them then there isn't a problem, correct? Consume your veggies and meat. They each provide stuff you need.
    I can't believe you guys turn a topic about veggies and meats into a argument.

    Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

  18. #67
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    7,984
    Rep Power
    112
    Points
    43,240 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knight View Post
    Well, if you eat both of them then there isn't a problem, correct? Consume your veggies and meat. They each provide stuff you need.
    I can't believe you guys turn a topic about veggies and meats into a argument.
    Did you just skip over all my posts on this page?

  19. #68
    Master Guru
    Silvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Age
    21
    Posts
    7,100
    Rep Power
    79
    Points
    28,043 (31,233 Banked)
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Did you just skip over all my posts on this page?
    I was clearly saying that both provide what the human body needs.
    I wasn't specifically talking you. Also, why did you assume this?
    Edit: To answer you question i skimmed and read. A little of both.

    Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

  20. #69
    Dedicated Member
    saleenf5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,197
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    1,838 (0 Banked)
    I literally opened this thread to see if an argument has started.....damn I'm good.

  21. #70
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    7,984
    Rep Power
    112
    Points
    43,240 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knight View Post
    I was clearly saying that both provide what the human body needs.
    I wasn't specifically talking you. Also, why did you assume this?
    Edit: To answer you question i skimmed and read. A little of both.
    Then you would have understood 2 things:

    #1 you don't need to eat both.
    #2 Consumption of meat (red mostly) regardless of how much, or how it was prepared/preserved has been shown to have negative implications on your health.

  22. #71
    Veteran
    bash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Age
    21
    Posts
    4,531
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    1,736 (4,812 Banked)
    Items FuturamaLinuxBlizzardUser name style
    If everyone stopped eating meat it'd result in overpopulation and would $#@! up the food chain.
    2010 Lethal's FF League Champion

  23. #72
    Superior Member
    Marcsony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wolverhampton
    PSN ID
    Marcgear
    Age
    33
    Posts
    547
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    149 (1,948 Banked)
    Items PlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knight View Post
    Well, if you eat both of them then there isn't a problem, correct? Consume your veggies and meat. They each provide stuff you need.
    I can't believe you guys turn a topic about veggies and meats into a argument.
    Subjects of this nature will always get a tad heated when people talk about there belief's.

    Ok so just a few points/questions again as mentioned previously the thought that the human body has evolved or is in somehow designed to consume flesh is imo false as if it were why the hell do we need to cook the food prior to consumption. i aint seen many wild carnivores sitting around a campfires cooking its kill and telling ghost stories.

    Another one if our evolution was somehow based on the fact that we consumed flesh to increase intelligence then why is it not that the REAL carnivores of our planet are not following us on the same evolutionary path or even ahead of us in terms of intelligence.

    Also we breed the animals for our consumption so if we stopped that we would not be overpopulated but nice thought.
    Last edited by Marcsony; 10-09-2011 at 09:47.

  24. #73
    Master Guru
    Silvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Age
    21
    Posts
    7,100
    Rep Power
    79
    Points
    28,043 (31,233 Banked)
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Then you would have understood 2 things:

    #1 you don't need to eat both.
    #2 Consumption of meat (red mostly) regardless of how much, or how it was prepared/preserved has been shown to have negative implications on your health.
    I know that you don't need both. I've had seen vegans if you believe that.
    Secondly i have also seen people that eat red meat everyday and there fine believe it or not.

    @Marc. I know some people can't have a conversation without getting heated but it's okay.

    Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

  25. #74
    El Presidente
    podsaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    in a box
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,974
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    25,148 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by marcsony View Post
    Subjects of this nature will always get a tad heated when people talk about there belief's.

    Ok so just a few points/questions again as mentioned previously the thought that the human body has evolved or is in somehow designed to consume flesh is imo false as if it were why the hell do we need to cook the food prior to consumption. i aint seen many wild carnivores sitting around a campfires cooking its kill and telling ghost stories.

    Another one if our evolution was somehow based on the fact that we consumed flesh to increase intelligence then why is it not that the REAL carnivores of our planet are not following us on the same evolutionary path or even ahead of us in terms of intelligence.

    Also we breed the animals for our consumption so if we stopped that we would not be overpopulated but nice thought.
    I have no clue how cavemen first decided that throwing some meat on the fire would make it better but the obvious reason we cook our meat now is the destroy diseases that can come with it. Such as E.Coli or Salmonella.

    And I don't know what kind of diseases are in say seal meat but I would think there's something. So when a shark eats a seal sometimes they will die of whatever disease that seal carried. If meat is really used to increase brain intelligence(not saying it for sure is or is not) but perhaps that is why other animals haven't evolved because they are still plagued by diseases that kill them off. Just speculation about that one.

    I'll have to look at this more closely but I don't really think I'll give up meat any time soon. I still stick to what I said before. Plants are living things as well so things are still being killed for human consumption. I'm sorry to say but I don't believe it's possible to tip toe around everyone and not hurt anyone. Even with this post some people may vigorously disagree with me and that's ok.

    There are winners and losers. The eaters and the eaten. And someone tell me but I can't think of a single food that doesn't come from some living thing. Unless you want to sit around and eat rocks.

    Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

  26. #75
    The Dawkness!
    Naxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UK
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,647
    Rep Power
    103
    Points
    7,570 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Cooked meat takes a lot less energy to digest. Cooked meat also loses some of the nutritients that are essential to carnivores.
    Last edited by Naxi; 10-09-2011 at 22:50.

    My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.