Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1020
    Dedicated Member
    U3 has very good chances to win GOTY, the beaty of taste and opinions.

Gamernode : 5/5

http://www.gamernode.com/reviews/111...iew/index.html

Psfocus : 98/100

http://www.psfocus.nl/4_26369_Unchar...Deception.aspx

Graphics: 20/20

Sound: 20/20

Gameplay: 58/60

98/100

Megamers : 9.5/10

http://tbreak.com/megamers/45117/rev...rted-3-review/

PSM3 Magazine UK : 96/100

Confident storytelling, astonishing visuals and obscenely ambitious setpieces make Uncharted 3 the best of the series and an absolute must-have.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasimpse View Post
    It has no chance of winning goty but it was still good/great
    I concede that it probably won't win GOTY, however it definitely has more than 'no chance' lol

Ridiculous

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    I concede that it probably won't win GOTY, however it definitely has more than 'no chance' lol

Ridiculous
    Agreed....I think Rocksteady has a good chance to snag it this time. They won studio of the year UC2 won game of the year. This time i think they will get both.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Agreed....I think Rocksteady has a good chance to snag it this time. They won studio of the year UC2 won game of the year. This time i think they will get both.
    I have yet to play Batman: AC but it would be lovely for Rocksteady to get that kind of acclaim. Local studio round here

Forum Sage
    Ok fair play. "no chance" is an exaggeration. We love drama tho right. It has a chance. I would say a slim one with skyrim getting critical acclaim, but it deffo has a chance
    WII FRIEND CODE = 5509 0447 7406 7959

DJDJ
    It would be a travesty to gaming if this beat out Batman or Skyrim.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by DJDJ View Post
    I wouldn't say so.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Yeah I wouldn't go that far. Regardless if you enjoyed it a lot or not. There isn't any argument that this is not a quality game. I'm not saying that those games don't deserve accolades but saying this one doesn't is kind of trivial. I will go ahead and say that I didn't enjoy this one as much as U2 but it was still a very impressive title none the less. It definitely deserves to be in the running.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

9. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasimpse View Post
    Ok fair play. "no chance" is an exaggeration. We love drama tho right. It has a chance. I would say a slim one with skyrim getting critical acclaim, but it deffo has a chance
    We?

You mean....YOU.

11. Likes Two4DaMoney , Nitey likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    We?

You mean....YOU.
    Exactly

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Apprentice
    After playing all the major game this year I think Uncharted should be GOTY.
    “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”― Oscar Wilde

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Yeah I wouldn't go that far. Regardless if you enjoyed it a lot or not. There isn't any argument that this is not a quality game. I'm not saying that those games don't deserve accolades but saying this one doesn't is kind of trivial. I will go ahead and say that I didn't enjoy this one as much as U2 but it was still a very impressive title none the less. It definitely deserves to be in the running.
    Deffo deserves to be in the running but doesn't deserve the win.

Everyone loves drama not just me. If you think otherwise your blind IMO
    WII FRIEND CODE = 5509 0447 7406 7959

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    Not played UC3 as I opted for Skyrim which is my GOTY so far. I personally believe Skyrim has the advantage purely based on multi plat.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk

Devas
    UC3 won't win game of the year this time simply due to one phenomenal game released this year in Skyrim. A solid #2 however.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    barit
    Just finished UC3 on my brand new 40" 3DTV and holy $#@! what a great game. I think it should win GOTY cause it offers so much more then Skyrim. Yes Skyrim is great too but after you complete everything there is nothing left. UC3 however has a great singleplayer and a fantastic multiplayer so that u can still play this game 2 - 3 years after it was released. Except that UC3 has more quality for me like 3D, great soundtrack, splittscreen coop and so on.

Superior Member

Finished this just tonight. Its a better ending than U2 but only marginally, Naughty Dog can't do endings very well I think. Having had some great moments of subtlety and invention earlier on in the game they yet again boil things down to the lowest common denominator in gaming - shoot lots of goons with guns! I seem to feel strangely unsatisfied after so much promise in the first half. Its a better game than U2, which takes a while to get going and really well and truly peaks in the middle before having quite a rubbish ending. U3 spreads its charms more evenly but really weakens when Drake arrives in the desert. There's also a couple of dreadful plot holes but other than that its better game than U2 and better written. Its emphasis on problem solving instead of endless gun fights during the first half was a master stroke. Uncharted is at its best when you're actually exploring and solving problems, you can take in the wonder of the design and attention to detail.

Unless they can do something totally different with it then they should probably end the franchise now and start on something new.

Apprentice
    i enjoy being shoot in the back w/ the sawed-off and jumping on top a grenade for some rag-doll physics/ effects! (it just looks really good) getting really good, can't get enough!
    Last edited by lee___radio; 11-26-2011 at 12:49.

629 performance center snub, strictly .44 magnum buffalo bore!

Dedicated Member
    Again, you continue to think your opinion is a fact, which is not !

Uncharted3 = GOTY 2011 for me. My opinion.

10 number 23 :

Playstation: The Official Magazine (US) : 10/10
    Viewed strictly as a videogame, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception represents the height of technical achievement--the state-of-the-art, if you will--for the interactive console experience.

My thought :

10/10

Masterpiece ! You have to play it more and more to appreciate it, to find the perfect balance between shooting and combo fighting. It's very very funny, to take cover, run from the cover and shooting without aiming, take cover again, throw a grenade, aim and shoot, run again and shoot without aiming, and so on; you can do most sequences in so many different ways that the same sequence can be fresh every time you play it again. I like the more aggressive AI, and you can't stay in the same cover 10 minutes like before; you have to move, it's more dinamic and more funny, my taste.
    Enemies are more aggressive, they throw more grenades and you are surrounded more easily, and the new combo is spectacular, so funny when you engage a fight with more than one guy.
    Puzzles are now puzzles, you have to think about. This game is incredible, but you need some skills and Uncharted2 MP experience on your back to fully appreciate it. Graphics are mindblowing, incredible, fantastic, best ever, I love the art design. Beautiful environments, details, details and details, textures, lighting, all is over the top. Often I stop playing just to admire the environments, looking all around, impressive, a step forward Uncharted2.
    The add of extra animation like Drake moving his arms and hands while close to a wall or objects, or walking close to, is very nice, the way he interacts, make him more alive and natural.
    Best game I have played this generation.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EatSleepAndPlay View Post
    After playing all the major game this year I think Uncharted should be GOTY.
    Well after playing all the major games (by major I mean the goty contenders that are available on PS3, along with other worthy games), I don't know what I feel deserves goty. This year has been amazing.

[EDIT]
    But! I feel we need some new, original IP's. I love sequels, but I want something really original in 2012 (that year is looking amazing too).

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by bigCman123 View Post
    Well after playing all the major games (by major I mean the goty contenders that are available on PS3, along with other worthy games), I don't know what I feel deserves goty. This year has been amazing.

[EDIT]
    But! I feel we need some new, original IP's. I love sequels, but I want something really original in 2012 (that year is looking amazing too).
    Couldn't agree more.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Thread Information