Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Apprentice
    Items Google Chrome

Online PSN codes from Gamestop = RIPOFF!

I just ordered a $50.00 PSN code from gamestop that is supposed to be emailed immediately, and it's been an hour and NOTHING!

Anyone else ever have this problem from these idiots?!

Their customer service is closed so I can't even call them. WTF?!!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    First, calm down. Second, check your spam mail. Third, wait for it to be emailed.

Apprentice
    Items Google Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    First, calm down. Second, check your spam mail. Third, wait for it to be emailed.
    I already checked the spam mail, it's not there either. It just pisses me off because I'm used to buying them from Amazon, where I ALWAYS get them instantly. I just had to go to gamestop.com because Amazon is out for some reason, and whatya know?

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Sometimes email gets jammed up in the system. Just have to wait it out. Make sure you're checking the right email address too...

Extreme Poster
    Don't know about Gamestop but I've always liked Amazon's service.

Apprentice

read the reviews, people have said it takes anywhere from instant to 2 days.

Apprentice
    Items Google Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by gujupmp88 View Post
    read the reviews, people have said it takes anywhere from instant to 2 days.
    Thanks guju. At least that gives me SOME insight as to why I haven't got it yet. Last time I'll ever use Gamestop though. I could be playing Thongs of Virtue right now!

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Quite honestly you should of known, not all sites can email stuff instantly. Amazon is, as far as I know, mainly online.. so of course there online services will be top notch.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    I didn't know it could take up to two days. I bought a 3-month Live card (When I was a sucker back in the day) and I got it instantly. I'm surprised that you'd have to wait for a code that long. That's the whole point of buying the damn thing online in the first place!

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    you ordered the PSN code.. online @ gamestop.com?(in that case why not just buy it off PSN?) or you went into the store and purchased a code? gamestop sells the cards that you use to just enter the code on PSN... i dont understand why they sent it via Email?

when it comes down to it i guess... if you want something instantly... just purchase it off your PS3.

ALSO... check your reciept you got from gamestop (if you went into the store) it may have the code on it... just enter that code into PSN. (PSN codes look like this: 1234-1234-1234
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Not content with the OP's description of the events... I decided to do a little investigating myself...

Where does it say you'll receive the email instantly? I think the OP screwed up, not Gamestop.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    This sort of thing confuses me. Why the need to buy a code int he first place? Why not just buy the stuff you want directly form the PSN bypassing gamestop altogether?

I'm a hater, a traito.
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    you ordered the PSN code.. online @ gamestop.com?(in that case why not just buy it off PSN?) or you went into the store and purchased a code? gamestop sells the cards that you use to just enter the code on PSN... i dont understand why they sent it via Email?

when it comes down to it i guess... if you want something instantly... just purchase it off your PS3.

ALSO... check your reciept you got from gamestop (if you went into the store) it may have the code on it... just enter that code into PSN. (PSN codes look like this: 1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    This sort of thing confuses me. Why the need to buy a code int he first place? Why not just buy the stuff you want directly form the PSN bypassing gamestop altogether?
    Many different reasons. My PSN account is a UK one, I moved back to Ireland and my Irish card won't work on that account and it will only accept UK PSN cards which I can't get here, so I have to buy UK PSN cards online. Same if I wanted to buy anything off the US store.
    Other reasons may be that he doesn't have a Debit card but he has a PayPal account, so he can't buy things directly off the PSN but he can buy PSN Cards online.
    OP, in future, cardcodes.com are very reliable. They too sell cards of different prices, regions and consoles for pretty much whatever you need and instant email.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBiggieKat View Post
    I just ordered a $50.00 PSN code from gamestop that is supposed to be emailed immediately, and it's been an hour and NOTHING!

Anyone else ever have this problem from these idiots?!

Their customer service is closed so I can't even call them. WTF?!!
    Not sure where the ripoff part comes in. You are still getting your $50 code.... So much hostility.

Whats up with these idiots selling these cards online and having you wait in the comfort of your home for the email with your code. Whats up with these idiots not making you go and drive to their store to buy the card? What idiots!

Superior Member
    Items PS3 SlimBlizzardMovePlayStationUser name style
    Calm down.
    http://www.psu.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=215813&dateline=13047  62730

Forum Elder
    Not content with the OP's description of the events... I decided to do a little investigating myself...

Where does it say you'll receive the email instantly? I think the OP screwed up, not Gamestop.

It might not say instantly but it says immediately. That's the same

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by moots View Post
    No it's not.

They said you can buy them immediately but that doesn't mean they send you the code immediately.

What i get from that is;
    You can buy the code whenever you want when you want i.e - immediately.
    After your order has been placed they send you the code - what if his order hasn't been processed yet?

I think the OP is over reacting a little.

I'm A Monster!
    Items User name style
    That is unfortunate Amazon is out of them. I guess you'll just have to wait it out. That sucks.

Sig By FinalReaper.
    Socom/Trophy Card.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by moots View Post
    Yes, you get the purchase immediately in the form of the instructions with the order confirmation. That's the instant delivery. The email is just a backup in case you don't want to use the code right away. Read it again. He should have read the order confirmation, where his code was printed, then he wouldn't have to wait on the email.

There's no fault for gamestop here, just a consumer that didn't read before posting a rant thread.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Yes, you get the purchase immediately in the form of the instructions with the order confirmation. That's the instant delivery. The email is just a backup in case you don't want to use the code right away. Read it again. He should have read the order confirmation, where his code was printed, then he wouldn't have to wait on the email.

There's no fault for gamestop here, just a consumer that didn't read before posting a rant thread.
    I normally agree with you, but I can't here. That code is supposed to be instant. That's the whole point of buying it online and receiving it digitally.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamestop
    You will receive a download code and redemption instrutions immediately on your order confirmation page.
    You're supposed to get the order confirmation instantly, which in turn you're supposed to receive the code as well. Like I said, when I bought a 3-month card before all of it was instantly and I didn't wait for anything. I'm pretty sure I'm no exception to the rule (Yeah, I know I'm Great, but still) So, I don't know, but it could be more to the story, too.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    At no point on the website does it say that you get the code instantly. It does say you will immediately get a confirmation email. Following that email will be another email with download instructions..

Apprentice
    Items Google Chrome
    Well, I finally got an email from the idiots today (1 day later) saying that the order was cancelled by them for no apparent reason, yet I was still charged 50 bucks. So I sat on hold for an HOUR to their customer service #, and they told me it was cancelled automatically because I checked out as a guest and the system automatically cancelled it because it wasn't certain that I was who I claimed to be. WTF is that $#@!?

So now, I have to wait "3 to 5 business days" (according to gamestop) for my money to be reimbursed and "if it doesn't come back into my account" to call them back, and to also contact my bank to speed things up. What a $#@!in' hassle all over a measly PSN card. I will never shop with gamestop again.

Oh, and to the few people asking why I didn't just buy what I wanted directly through the PSN, it's because I stopped using my credit card info on there ever since the hack.

Apprentice
    Items Google Chrome
    Originally posted by F34R:

It wasn't printed on the order confirmation. It looked like this:

Activation code: (BLANK)
    Last edited by BlueBiggieKat; 10-18-2011 at 01:52.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    No it's not.

They said you can buy them immediately but that doesn't mean they send you the code immediately.

What i get from that is;
    You can buy the code whenever you want when you want i.e - immediately.
    After your order has been placed they send you the code - what if his order hasn't been processed yet?

I think the OP is over reacting a little.
    Read it again. It says that after your approved order is placed, you will receive a download code with redemption instructions immediately on your order confirmation page. The order confirmation page appears right after you place an order. They also say they will e-mail the code with instructions.

He did not read his confirmation page and waited for the email which he hasn't got according to him.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBiggieKat View Post
    It wasn't printed on the order confirmation. It looked like this:

Activation code: (BLANK)
    @BlueBigKittie - If so, they screwed up. Did you save a copy of the confirmation page?

Contact them.
    Last edited by sainraja; 10-18-2011 at 02:10.

Apprentice
    Items Google Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Because I don't do that anymore since PSN got hacked.

Thread Information