Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    The PS3 phat is a piece of shit when it comes to reliability so no I wouldn't be raining on that.
    Oh god it wasnt that bad, a lot of them are still out there running just fine.
    While I've seen evidence that hey had some issues, I've never seen anyhting on the level of "peice of shit" in terms of reliabilty.
    Thats reserved for the original 360 build.
    Last edited by mynd; 10-31-2011 at 20:11.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AA,Batman AC,Borderlands 2,Enslaved,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,DarkSiders,DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I only know one person who still has their 60GB (that hasn't been fixed)
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Im sure you could put a call out on these boards and find serveral that are running just fine.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AA,Batman AC,Borderlands 2,Enslaved,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,DarkSiders,DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully

Forum Elder
    The PS3 phat is a piece of shit when it comes to reliability so no I wouldn't be raining on that.
    fooks sake.... why do people have to keep saying stuff like the above? my 60gb phat is doing fine.

i'm beginning to think people are just jealous of their cheap looking slims when compared to the luxury item that is a phat PS3.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    lol... I had one, I looked after it perfectly well, it died. Its a matter of luck. Its also a matter of how often you play it, if you only ever play exclusives on it once or twice a month of course its not gonna die as soon as someone who plays everything on it.
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Dedicated Member
    lol... I had one, I looked after it perfectly well, it died. Its a matter of luck. Its also a matter of how often you play it, if you only ever play exclusives on it once or twice a month of course its not gonna die as soon as someone who plays everything on it.
    I've played my 60 GB non-stop since I bought it and it still runs like a charm(and that was more than 4 years ago)

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Then you're lucky, which is what I said, its down to luck.

yay, next gen!

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Meh... 2008, 40GB phatty, still running like a champ.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Thats not a launch phat.

And again, its down to luck and how often you use it compared to your other consoles.

If I played my 60GB one or two hours a week it'd still be alive.

yay, next gen!

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Thats not a launch phat.

And again, its down to luck and how often you use it compared to your other consoles.
    You didn't say launch phat. Anyways... really, it doesn't have anything to do with luck lol.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    It totally does. My friends 60GB launch phat is still alive and he's played on his WAY more than I played mine. What else is it down to? The system not liking its owner?

yay, next gen!

Power Member
    Items User name style
    It totally does. My friends 60GB launch phat is still alive and he's played on his WAY more than I played mine. What else is it down to? The system not liking its owner?
    Batch numbers, maybe if your console was built on a Monday, particular plant issues etc.
    It is likely its luck that you got one that does or does not fault, but in all likley hood its not luck that it will fail.

It wasnt luck that the 360's failed, it was a systemic fault.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    If I'm to pick one up from a specific batch it is luck, theres nothing I can do about it. I highly doubt its down to the batches when all regions have had ridiculous amounts of failings.

yay, next gen!

Super Elite
    My bro's launch 40GB console is doing just fine, and he leaves it on all the time.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Power Member
    Items User name style
    If I'm to pick one up from a specific batch it is luck, theres nothing I can do about it. I highly doubt its down to the batches when all regions have had ridiculous amounts of failings.
    What regions, it was only ever launched in America and Japan.
    EU got a different build again (one without half the PS2 chips).

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    It was different chips but it was still labelled 60GB, we didn't get the 20GB.

yay, next gen!

Dedicated Member

I'll say this...

The 360 RROD was covered for 3 years under warranty. PS3 warranty only lasted a single year.

So odds are more people paid to replace broken PS3s than broken 360s.

Also Nintendo numbers are only year to date (Date being September 31). Christmas isn't a big holiday in Japan where the PS3 sells well, but it's a HUGE holiday in the US where the 360 sells well. Considering MS is likely to shift nearly 4 million consoles between October 1st and December in the US alone, I wouldn't go jumping for joy quite yet.

Extreme Poster
    I say we cry until then. Someone has to cry until this is sorted out.

Master Guru
    Can anyone say they're shocked? We all knew the PS3 was the most popular console worldwide and worldwide is what matters most. It's nice to say that the 360 is dominating here in the states and while i'm proud to be American i know there are other places in the world that matter than just here. This is a true testament to the staying power of the PS brand.

Super Elite
    You guys have to remember that the vast majority of people kept their fats on all the time, seriously when they werent gaming many people were doing that number crunching for cancer or something like that. Seriously i know people who bragged about always leaving theres on.

So yeah those phat ones did get used and abused like a motherfudgepacker.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Views and opinions of forum member cpitt, do not represent the views and opinions of ps3forums and any known associates, mods

Elite Member
    I sold my 60 GB launch to a friend, and it is still working according to him.

I'd say the Launch PS3s were somewhere between the Original 360 and Wii build quality. I suppose when you do get a console at launch, the heat issues are not all sorted out. Unless you go Nintendo's route, where they slightly upgraded the Gamecube specs. I can see the Wii U having a few more issues. Of course that may be just mildly more powerful than the 360 and PS3.

Extreme Poster
    Basically I would've gone 360 if it weren't made by an American company. My biggest issue with the 360 is that you have to treat it like a high-maintenance bitch.

Remember when people were saying how stupid it was for people to move their consoles while it was running and that it made sense why it would scratch the games...well, I fucking do that all the time on my PS3 and not once has it scratched the disc, in fact it's never done it.

Not to mention, my cousin went through 4 controllers in a year back when he bought the original Xbox. I can't trust an American company...now if a Japanese company took over the design then I might consider it. They just need to make it quality and I might just consider them.

I have a 1 year old and he throws my controller around so much that no other peripheral would be able to take it...I never get afraid of it breaking, we've stepped on it several times too...I still can't believe it works perfectly and has not given out yet.

In fact, I have NEVER had a PS controller go out on me...I still have the original PS dual shock controller that I bought back in 1999.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by cpitt View Post
    You guys have to remember that the vast majority of people kept their fats on all the time, seriously when they werent gaming many people were doing that number crunching for cancer or something like that. Seriously i know people who bragged about always leaving theres on.

So yeah those phat ones did get used and abused like a motherfudgepacker.
    Exactly people were folding like crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    I can't trust an American company...now if a Japanese company took over the design then I might consider it. They just need to make it quality and I might just consider them.
    Shh, don't tell Intel IBM or Apple.

Its like youve never heard of silicon valley.

I'll take the tech from USA over Japan anyday.
    Last edited by mynd; 11-01-2011 at 06:00.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Shh, don't tell Intel IBM or Apple.

Its like youve never heard of silicon valley.

I'll take the tech from USA over Japan anyday.
    I know what you're saying but come on mynd, you know what I'm talking about.

Not to mention, how do we know IBM and Apple doesn't employ a bunch of foreigners as engineers? I bet most of them are Asian (not necessarily Asian in the usual sense of things but like Indians and stuff as well).

I'd rather own everything Japanese and/or Korean/Taiwanese than American or Mexican for that matter lol.

Look at ford and chevy and then compare that to Hyundai and Toyota/Honda.

Not to mention, most quality assurance concepts come from Japanese (which began with Ford but 'dem japs perfected it). We learn a lot of business concepts from Japanese. They know wtf they're doing.
    Last edited by Sufi; 11-01-2011 at 06:30.

Super Elite
    The Xbox 360 was made in China, as I am sure the Playstation was as well.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Thread Information