Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 ... LastLast
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I don't use the browser either...other than the rare google searches or if I need to look something up on youtube.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    I agree with that completely.

But let me go ahead and say that my parents bought a PS3 two or so years ago because they liked browsing youtube on TV. As much as I loved the PS3, I made them take it back.

They eventually got one again for Netflix...I didn't stop them then...their new one is a slim and they got it when it went down to $299.

Point is, I think it's donkey balls $#@!ass, I'm sure everyone else here does too but that doesn't stop people from looking at it as a feature.

I told them that they should get a laptop instead...but they don't want the hassle to hook it up to their TV every time they wanna watch something and they don't wanna dedicate it just for their TV...funnily enough they only wanted their PS3 for one feature, go figure.
    We have DirecTV, which has Youtube built in, so we use it on there. We never turn the receiver off, so it's always ready to go when I turn the TV on.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    We have DirecTV, which has Youtube built in, so we use it on there. We never turn the receiver off, so it's always ready to go when I turn the TV on.
    Yea they have a set top box now that offers that and they also have another blu ray player that has a built in youtube (I'm not sure about the second one) but this was back in 2009 when these things weren't mainstream yet.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    i just found your enthusiasim a little over the top.
    Over the top? lol Why shouldn't I be enthusiastic? While people are foaming at the mouth in dire need for next gen, I am TOTALLY satisfied with what I have now. Sony has perfectly catered to my gaming tastes for 16 years and are doing this better than ever before. I am not going to curb my enthusiasm for Sony for anyone here (especially on a predominantly PS3 forum?? lol), and I will use which ever adjectives I find fit their tech. It's funny that someone should call me out because of the words I choose to use lol. I cant help it if I think the PS3 from Sony is the industries premier games machine delivering fun and exciting gaming experiences and industry leading graphics while pioneering game enhancing features like 3D and motion controls, as well as being your all in one media player, allowing you to view all your favorite movies and 3D blu-rays, browse the net and stream a whole host of digital content right into your home!
    Last edited by Ghost; 11-09-2011 at 18:45.

5. Likes Acid Snake , JVH, ddPLaNeT, Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    You better stop using those big words and complicated wordplay, Ghost.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Over the top? lol Why shouldn't I be enthusiastic? While people are foaming at the mouth in dire need for next gen, I am TOTALLY satisfied with what I have now. Sony has perfectly catered to my gaming tastes for 16 years and are doing this better than ever before. I am not going to curb my enthusiasm for Sony for anyone here (especially on a predominantly PS3 forum?? lol), and I will use which ever adjectives I find fit their tech. It's funny that someone should call me out because of the words I choose to use lol. I cant help it if I think the PS3 from Sony is the industries premier games machine delivering fun and exciting gaming experiences and industry leading graphics while pioneering game enhancing features like 3D and motion controls, as well as being your all in one media player, allowing you to view all your favorite movies and 3D blu-rays, browse the net and stream a whole host of digital content right into your home!
    ^^ I totally agree !

It's great to see positivity, especially on the Sony side of things because lets make it clear, Sony hating is the trend this gen.

Sony have done many things wrong this gen, but they also done a lot of things right and GAMES is one of them.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    sony maybe taking control of emi's publishing arm...more vidz for vidzone!!

sorry for the ot.

Super Elite
    Sony didn't do anything that great in regarding to gaming from my perspective. The motion control is just borrowed from Nintendo, and Xbox has all the good exclusives this generation like Mistwalker, etc.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

10. Likes vivek1 likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzane2050 View Post
    Sony didn't do anything that great in regarding to gaming from my perspective. The motion control is just borrowed from Nintendo, and Xbox has all the good exclusives this generation like Mistwalker, etc.
    lol Sony were playing with motion control prototypes while the Wii was JUST being conceived. They had come up with the webcam and wand using a sphere before the time that Nintendo came up with their motion controller.

Their drive of 3D has made the industry take notice, and now the quality and excellence is awesome and studios and publishers are seeing it and following suit (Ubisoft, Rocksteady, Irrational Games etc). They are releasing more exclusives this side of the generation which is the best side to be owning on as game engines and programming skills are at their best (Uncharted 3).

While some people $#@! all over it, I think it's great what Sony and Valve are doing with Steam and PSN, and while PSN isn't the online service that XBL is, its open nature gives us MMOs and other benefits.

12. Likes vivek1 likes this post
    Super Elite
    Nintendo beat both Xbox and Playstation to the punch in motion gaming, regardless of how long their never-to-release prototypes were sitting in te R&D labs. Motion gaming is nothing to enjoyable aside from Resident Evil 5, imo. Sony never introduced anything to gaming that wasn't already here.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    lol Sony were playing with motion control prototypes while the Wii was JUST being conceived. They had come up with the webcam and wand using a sphere before the time that Nintendo came up with their motion controller.

Their drive of 3D has made the industry take notice, and now the quality and excellence is awesome and studios and publishers are seeing it and following suit (Ubisoft, Rocksteady, Irrational Games etc). They are releasing more exclusives this side of the generation which is the best side to be owning on as game engines and programming skills are at their best (Uncharted 3).

While some people $#@! all over it, I think it's great what Sony and Valve are doing with Steam and PSN, and while PSN isn't the online service that XBL is, its open nature gives us MMOs and other benefits.
    Sooo..the inovations that you like the PS3 for came about about 2 years ago?
    What did you like about the PS3 pre-3d?

And you make it sounds like 3d is exclusive to Sony somehow.
    Despite all the BS about "Xbox cant do it" its just as capable, and in fact has done it without as much fanfare.

While Sony might have been bold enough to push 3d (and we all know why -which was silly really given how bad thier LCD's are doing at the moment, but hay its a niice idea prop one money loosin gbusiness iwht another), you really have these guys to thank for your decent 3d gaming these days...

http://eu.trioviz.com/en/professiona...ons/video-game
    Last edited by mynd; 11-09-2011 at 20:08.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post

Despite all the BS about "Xbox cant do it" its just as capable, and in fact has done it without as much fanfare.
    Pre 3D it was the Move, and then Sharpshooter. These two products are what got me into the FPS genre, the level of immersion was awesome, to actually hold a rifle like device, and to pull a trigger to fire is awesome.

Of course 3D isn't exclusive to Sony, but no one really gave a $#@! about it until Sony picked up the ball. MS doesn't care, and they are just leaving it up devs to implement it, but xbox owners with 3DTVs will be treated to awesome 3D gaming from the likes of Batman and AC thanks to Sonys drive, and will likely get Bioshock and other titles in 3D too.

16. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Apprentice

Try reading his other post...
    And whatīs your point ? He prefer the ps3 so do I and therefor we are members of a ps3 forum. You donīt even own a ps3 but still posts like a rabid dog in the ps3 sections. All you seem to do is to trying to downplay anything that has to do with the ps3.
    Itīs getting old Mynd, drop it !

18. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Pre 3D it was the Move, and then Sharpshooter. These two products are what got me into the FPS genre, the level of immersion was awesome, to actually hold a rifle like device, and to pull a trigger to fire is awesome.

Of course 3D isn't exclusive to Sony, but no one really gave a $#@! about it until Sony picked up the ball. MS doesn't care, and they are just leaving it up devs to implement it, but xbox owners with 3DTVs will be treated to awesome 3D gaming from the likes of Batman and AC thanks to Sonys drive, and will likely get Bioshock and other titles in 3D too.
    I still dont think the masses give a $#@! about to be honest, I know its leading edge stuff etc, and its most definatly a bonus for those who have 3DTV's, but as with most leaidng edge stuff, it affects few.I mean thats not to say I wouldnt mind a 3DTV, but we purchased a LCD TV just on 3 years ago, and I really aint going to invest in another one for some time.
    I definatly give Sony props for pushing it, even if it was really to sell TV's, thats thier perogative, even if its kinda backfired on them somewhat.

As for the sharpshooter, if you think that great you should have been around for the old light guns.....

Quote Originally Posted by JVH View Post
    Try reading his other post...
    I read it, Im not sur ewhat your point is.
    And whatīs your point ? He prefer the ps3 so do I and therefor we are members of a ps3 forum. You donīt even own a ps3 but still posts like a rabid dog in the ps3 sections. All you seem to do is to trying to downplay anything that has to do with the ps3.
    Downplaying it by quesitonging what he found attractive about the PS3 prior to a very recent introduciton? Hardly "downplaying it". Just curious.
    Itīs getting old Mynd, drop it !
    I didnt downplay anything, I didnt attack him for his choice, at most merely pointed out that 3d isnt an exclusive to Sony.
    I didnt say anything about more excluisive this end of the generaiton because I agree with him.
    Last edited by mynd; 11-09-2011 at 20:30.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I still dont think the masses give a $#@! about to be honest, I know its leading edge stuff etc, and its most definatly a bonus for those who have 3DTV's, but as with most leaidng edge stuff, it affects few.I mean thats not to say I wouldnt mind a 3DTV, but we purchased a LCD TV just on 3 years ago, and I really aint going to invest in another one for some time.
    I definatly give Sony props for pushing it, even if it was really to sell TV's, thats thier perogative, even if its kinda backfired on them somewhat.

As for the sharpshooter, if you think that great you should have been around for the old light guns.....
    I can't even play Uncharted or Batman in 2D anymore. These games are arousing a LOT of interest in gamers though, I have been seeing people wanting 3DTVs left right and center across different forums and youtube. I don't really care for wide scale adoption of 3D right now, as long as Sony and others are making 3D content I will have my need satiated.

Super Elite
    3DTVs need glasses tho. It sucks. And it ruins the game with $#@!ty graphics and textures.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    I can't even play Uncharted or Batman in 2D anymore. These games are arousing a LOT of interest in gamers though, I have been seeing people wanting 3DTVs left right and center across different forums and youtube. I don't really care for wide scale adoption of 3D right now, as long as Sony and others are making 3D content I will have my need satiated.
    Ah ha sounds like 3d has made you its junkie

Well if it can hook you that much, maybe it has a bright future.

3DTVs need glasses tho. It sucks. And it ruins the game with $#@!ty graphics and textures.
    Its the latter that concerns me more, if they can do it with out a noticable drop in quality I'm fine with it.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    The glasses are such a non issue for me. I wear headphones when I play BF3, I wear glasses when I play 3D. When you play U3 or Batman 3D, glasses are the last thing on my mind. It is such a non issue and it's a shame that people let glasses deter them from this tech. Also, $#@!ty graphics and textures are a thing of the past, as clearly proven by 2 of the 3 games in my sig.

Ah ha sounds like 3d has made you its junkie

Well if it can hook you that much, maybe it has a bright future.

Its the latter that concerns me more, if they can do it with out a noticable drop in quality I'm fine with it.
    Junkie is an understatement haha. It's not the POP OUT IN YO FACE aspect of 3D (which we don't really get in games) but the depth perception between the character, the level and its objects etc, and cutscenes have an added pop that looks really nice.

And as I mentioned above, the days of quality loss in 3D is seemingly over, at least when done correctly. If AC pulls of U3 and BM quality I'm gonna be in heaven.

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    noone called you out, i just think you need some perspective.

you're welcome to be enthusiastic. just as i am welcome to tell you your descriptions consist more of meaningless PR bull$#@! than actual substance.

watch:

"With more sales worldwide than any other HD console the Xbox 360 is the industries premier games machine delivering fun and exciting gaming experiences and industry leading graphics while pioneering game enhancing features like 3D and motion controls, as well as being your all in one media player, allowing you to view all your favorite movies and stream a whole host of digital content right into your home!"

sound familiar? like i said before, its fundamentally the same console but without a browser and bluray capabilities. two features, one more sigificant than the other. all the superfluous adjectives and exclamation marks in the world aren't going to make your points any more grounded in reality.

let me skip the bull for you:

"the ps3: better games, a better media player"

express your love and enjoyment of the console by all means, but if you could tone down the unnecessary cliches and platitudes it would be appreciated.
    Last edited by J3ff3; 11-10-2011 at 04:27.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

Super Elite
    noone called you out,

. just as i am welcome to tell you your descriptions consist more of meaningless PR bull$#@! than actual substance. .

let me skip the bull for you:

, but if you could tone down the unnecessary cliches and platitudes it would be appreciated.
    You're not attacking nor insulting him at all. Not one bit.

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    You're not attacking nor insulting him at all. Not one bit.
    he may well be insulted, but i wasn't calling him out as a fanboy.

and there's nothing wrong with saying that his description of the PS3 and its position in the industry was closer to meaningless PR bull$#@! than actual reality. i'm not saying he doesn't have a point, or isn't right, i'm saying he phrases it in a way that sounds like meaningless PR bull$#@!. i get through the first sentance with it's 17 adjectives and exclamation marks and it wears a little thin.

i agree, sony has the best games and offers the best features - i do most of my gaming on the ps3. but rehashed excitment doesn't exactly help the discussion of any topic. if you like something, get to the point. if i wanted PR speak i'd be emailing sony.
    Last edited by J3ff3; 11-10-2011 at 04:41.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    he may well be insulted, but i wasn't calling him out as a fanboy.

and there's nothing wrong with saying that his description of the PS3 and its position in the industry was closer to meaningless PR bull$#@! than actual reality. i'm not saying he doesn't have a point, or isn't right, i'm saying he phrases it in a way that sounds like meaningless PR bull$#@!. i get through the first sentance with it's 17 adjectives and exclamation marks and it wears a little thin.

if you like something, get to the point. if i wanted PR speak i'd be emailing sony.

The superlatives are a little bit extraneous in other words.

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    The superlatives are a little bit extraneous in other words.
    touche

at least that is only a post or two.
    Last edited by J3ff3; 11-10-2011 at 04:44.

Super Elite
    J3FF3~

So in a nutshell, you are just griping bcuz you dont like what he has to say. Gotcha.

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    J3FF3~

So in a nutshell, you are just griping bcuz you dont like what he has to say. Gotcha.
    which is exactly what you are doing.

Thread Information