Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 252
  1. #176
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,462
    Rep Power
    161
    Points
    159,178 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzane2050 View Post
    J3FF3~

    So in a nutshell, you are just griping bcuz you dont like what he has to say. Gotcha.
    I think he's griping because his eyes glaze over when reading it

    I dont mind Ghost saying those type of things, but when hes does, I just gloss over it. If he has a serious point to say, he is better to not wrap in one of those blurbs.

  2. #177
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,777
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    6,546,293 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Maybe, just maybe, if people are going to spit the dummy because they can't handle pro PS3 comments, they shouldn't spend so much time in the PS3 section of a forum of a PS3 news site...

    And if its because of the words I choose to use...smh

  3. Likes JVH likes this post
  4. #178
    Elite Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,415
    Rep Power
    110
    Points
    14,921 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    A ps3 bundle will be $199 mf'ing dollars Black Friday. The first time its been in the sweet spot in the states. Sony may very well hit 7.5m this quarter. I know I'm buying one and I'm going to sell this brick I have on ebay or somewhere.

    Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

  5. #179
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,462
    Rep Power
    161
    Points
    159,178 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    A ps3 bundle will be $199 mf'ing dollars Black Friday. The first time its been in the sweet spot in the states. Sony may very well hit 7.5m this quarter. I know I'm buying one and I'm going to sell this brick I have on ebay or somewhere.
    If they can repeat that elsewhere in the world they are going to kick some ass for sure.

    Are you sure it $199?

  6. #180
    Apprentice
    JVH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    39
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    2,981 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    I read it, Im not sur ewhat your point is.


    Here, Iīll help you:

    Over the top? lol Why shouldn't I be enthusiastic? While people are foaming at the mouth in dire need for next gen, I am TOTALLY satisfied with what I have now. Sony has perfectly catered to my gaming tastes for 16 years and are doing this better than ever before. I am not going to curb my enthusiasm for Sony for anyone here (especially on a predominantly PS3 forum?? lol), and I will use which ever adjectives I find fit their tech. It's funny that someone should call me out because of the words I choose to use lol. I cant help it if I think the PS3 from Sony is the industries premier games machine delivering fun and exciting gaming experiences and industry leading graphics while pioneering game enhancing features like 3D and motion controls, as well as being your all in one media player, allowing you to view all your favorite movies and 3D blu-rays, browse the net and stream a whole host of digital content right into your home!

    He explains pretty good what he likes about the ps3 both pre-3d and now.

    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Downplaying it by quesitonging what he found attractive about the PS3 prior to a very recent introduciton? Hardly "downplaying it". Just curious.


    I didnt downplay anything, I didnt attack him for his choice, at most merely pointed out that 3d isnt an exclusive to Sony.
    I didnt say anything about more excluisive this end of the generaiton because I agree with him.
    Yeah, not talking just about this thread you know. I have been around long enough to pretty much know what you will post in pro-ps3 threads, and thatīs getting old.
    But carry on.
    Last edited by JVH; 11-10-2011 at 10:05. Reason: Fucked up the quotes.

  7. #181
    Elite Guru
    J3ff3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,230
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    7,726 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, if people are going to spit the dummy because they can't handle pro PS3 comments, they shouldn't spend so much time in the PS3 section of a forum of a PS3 news site...

    And if its because of the words I choose to use...smh
    pretty much all of my posts in this thread have been pro ps3. but none have been walls of text containing generic words such as 'drive', 'vision', 'versatility', 'leadership' and other superficial words that really mean nothing and could easily describe either console manufacturer.

    mynd is right, i do glaze over, i see it as borderline spam.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

  8. #182
    Ultimate Veteran
    mickice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia, In a Kangaroo's pouch.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    21,936
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    21,911 (40,000 Banked)
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    PS3 was $287 here from most retailers at one point, I'm sure that shifted a few units.
    Hopefully SONY can pull off something similar this year.
    Last edited by mickice; 11-10-2011 at 13:30.

    - Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

  9. #183
    Super Elite
    Inzane2050's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,009
    Rep Power
    30
    Points
    9,729 (0 Banked)
    Sony has been driving the industry forward with its beautiful vision of the future of gaming with the versatility and leadership needed to drive this industry forward.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

  10. #184
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,102
    Rep Power
    243
    Points
    146,174 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Sorry, competition has been driving the industry forward. Since you mentioned it in your pr statement, can you give me a run down of the vision Sony has for the future of gaming? The versatility, I get... under the hands of which leadership?
    Last edited by F34R; 11-10-2011 at 13:49.

  11. #185
    Elite Guru
    J3ff3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,230
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    7,726 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Sorry, competition has been driving the industry forward. What are you guys, PR spokesmen? Who talks like that? (not a bad thing I guess, Sony definitely needs the free marketing)
    you need to go back a page or two, he's trying to be funny.

    but yes, my point entirely.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

  12. #186
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,102
    Rep Power
    243
    Points
    146,174 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I edited my post because after I read it, it might come off wrong for some.

  13. #187
    Super Elite
    Inzane2050's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,009
    Rep Power
    30
    Points
    9,729 (0 Banked)
    I am being funny, lol.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

  14. #188
    DanLoton
    Guest
    not surprised

  15. #189
    Elite Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,415
    Rep Power
    110
    Points
    14,921 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    If they can repeat that elsewhere in the world they are going to kick some ass for sure.

    Are you sure it $199?
    I'm not sure what they are planning elsewhere but the black friday leaks show the ps3 bundle being $199 in the states. It a legit bundle from sony so it may be available elsewhere but I'm not sure.

    Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

  16. #190
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,102
    Rep Power
    243
    Points
    146,174 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzane2050 View Post
    I am being funny, lol.
    You got me on that one... I THOUGHT you were, but I couldn't resist. I tried, REALLY hard... lol

  17. #191
    Elite Guru
    J3ff3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,230
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    7,726 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzane2050 View Post
    I am being funny, lol.
    it is true, people that laugh at their own jokes are generally being funny....
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

  18. #192
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,462
    Rep Power
    161
    Points
    159,178 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    I'm not sure what they are planning elsewhere but the black friday leaks show the ps3 bundle being $199 in the states. It a legit bundle from sony so it may be available elsewhere but I'm not sure.
    Game over then. They are going to sell a $#@! load.

  19. #193
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,777
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    6,546,293 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I think I will adopt more PR words into my posts, I feel like experiencing what the americans call "freedom of speech". Feel free to glaze over or place me on ignore if some of the words I will use upset you or make you feel uncomfortable.

  20. Likes Nitey likes this post
  21. #194
    Super Elite
    Wasib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,056
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    2,618 (0 Banked)
    Items Microsoft LogoApple
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    I dont think MS is going to drop the 360, especially when its making money hand over fist. On the other hand, Sony have every reason to stop making a machine that is costing them money.

    I dont know why you guys see the PS3 as selling long term, maybe if they can get the costs down to the point where they can turn a profit.

    But if the PS4 was announced tomorrow, you can bet the PS3 would be phased out faster then you can say "lets make some money for a change".

    Thats may change in the future, but the PS3's life cyle is really going to depend on 3 things:

    What the oppositon brings out in terms of starting price/performance on the next gen.
    If they are making money on the PS3 or not. (Currently not).
    If they gear their next console to make money.


    Right now, Sony hold virtually no cards in the deck, they loose money on thier console, they are price reactive to get sales and they are at pretty much the will of their competitiors.

    Consider this scenario:

    WiiU is released at $299 with BR and better performaing games next year.
    720 is released the following year with a leap in graphics/inlcudes BR.

    It really leaves the PS3 out in the cold. Sony needs to turn a profit and make the Vita sucessfull to get back on track.
    If they cant subsidise the PS4 with either the PS3 or Vita, they are up $#@! creek.
    Regardless of thier sales.

    Quite frankly both Nintendo and MS are probably looking at Sony and trying to judge how they will react, not proact.
    This is interesting. Any numbers to confirm that Sony is losing money from the PS3?

    I know their CPS (Consumer Products and Services) division is losing money but that does not necessarily mean the PlayStation division is. A few quarters back the PlayStation division (which was still bundled in with other products and services from Sony - albeit less) was making money for Sony. But again impossible to isolate that to the PS3.

    I agree though that as a group Sony need to sort themselves out because they are in quite a mess. But this has been known for the last 6 years nearly.

    Price reactive to get sales? That has been part and parcel of the video-game business since it started. It is not something exclusive to Sony. Maybe it seems Sony are doing more price-cuts on the PS3 relative to their competitors - but this is something expected considering it's initial high price.

    Sony don't need to subsidise the PS4 with the PS3/PS Vita. PS4 project can be independently funded from various internal/external sources.

    Wii U is not releasing with BR - Nintendo have confirmed this themselves. Even in the Wii U/720 arrive that does not leave the PS3 in the cold - was the PS2 left in the cold for instance when the 360, Wii and PS3 arrived?

    I agree a successful Vita launch would really help out the PlayStation division. But that is stating the obvious.

    Quote Originally Posted by ddPLaNeT View Post
    ^^ I totally agree !

    It's great to see positivity, especially on the Sony side of things because lets make it clear, Sony hating is the trend this gen.

    Sony have done many things wrong this gen, but they also done a lot of things right and GAMES is one of them.
    Yup - good to see some positivity. All consoles have there advantages and disadvantages. Shame the PS3 was picked out this generation and made into the inferior product when it has a lot going for it like the other consoles.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, if people are going to spit the dummy because they can't handle pro PS3 comments, they shouldn't spend so much time in the PS3 section of a forum of a PS3 news site...

    And if its because of the words I choose to use...smh
    Unfortunately the truth is there are anti-PlayStation folks out there and they will never change on that position. To be honest in the long-run it is there loss because the PS3 as stated is a fantastic product and worthy of experiencing.

    Unfortunately some just choose to talk about it (in a negative fashion) which cannot be the best thing for them in the long-run.
    Last edited by Wasib; 11-10-2011 at 20:46.

  22. #195
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,278
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    105,140 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    $#@!, I was gonna say, Wii-U with a BR? Would've been interesting.

    And this new Wii-U can do a game like BF3?

  23. #196
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,102
    Rep Power
    243
    Points
    146,174 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Game over then. They are going to sell a $#@! load.
    Yeah, they will. Will it be enough though? I doubt it.

  24. #197
    Elite Guru
    Nitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,675
    Rep Power
    62
    Points
    40,911 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Yeah, they will. Will it be enough though? I doubt it.
    Enough to take WW sales for the year?

  25. #198
    Elite Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,415
    Rep Power
    110
    Points
    14,921 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I got 108 in credit from Gamestop from giftcards. Gamestop don't $#@! me over now lol.


    Sony made black friday specific bundles. I think they'll be prepared.

    160GB Playstation 3
    Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
    LittleBigPlanet 2 Special Edition (includes $35 bonus content)
    30 day Playstation Plus trial membership
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 11-10-2011 at 21:44.

    Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

  26. #199
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,462
    Rep Power
    161
    Points
    159,178 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasib View Post
    This is interesting. Any numbers to confirm that Sony is losing money from the PS3?

    I know their CPS (Consumer Products and Services) division is losing money but that does not necessarily mean the PlayStation division is. A few quarters back the PlayStation division (which was still bundled in with other products and services from Sony - albeit less) was making money for Sony. But again impossible to isolate that to the PS3.

    I agree though that as a group Sony need to sort themselves out because they are in quite a mess. But this has been known for the last 6 years nearly.

    Price reactive to get sales? That has been part and parcel of the video-game business since it started. It is not something exclusive to Sony. Maybe it seems Sony are doing more price-cuts on the PS3 relative to their competitors - but this is something expected considering it's initial high price.

    Sony don't need to subsidise the PS4 with the PS3/PS Vita. PS4 project can be independently funded from various internal/external sources.

    Wii U is not releasing with BR - Nintendo have confirmed this themselves. Even in the Wii U/720 arrive that does not leave the PS3 in the cold - was the PS2 left in the cold for instance when the 360, Wii and PS3 arrived?

    I agree a successful Vita launch would really help out the PlayStation division. But that is stating the obvious.



    Yup - good to see some positivity. All consoles have there advantages and disadvantages. Shame the PS3 was picked out this generation and made into the inferior product when it has a lot going for it like the other consoles.



    Unfortunately the truth is there are anti-PlayStation folks out there and they will never change on that position. To be honest in the long-run it is there loss because the PS3 as stated is a fantastic product and worthy of experiencing.

    Unfortunately some just choose to talk about it (in a negative fashion) which cannot be the best thing for them in the long-run.
    Ill refer you to this thread:
    http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...scal-Year-Loss

    But to quote what I said in there:

    They have stated that the PS3 price cut contributed to the loss.

    Categories contributing to the deterioration in operating results (excluding restructuring charges) include LCD televisions,
    reflecting a decline in unit selling prices that exceeded cost and expense reductions, the game business and PCs,
    reflecting lower sales as noted above.
    The price cut cost them.
    What I meant by being price reactive is that they had to cut the price when they didnt want to.
    Last edited by mynd; 11-10-2011 at 22:15.

  27. #200
    Super Elite
    Wasib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,056
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    2,618 (0 Banked)
    Items Microsoft LogoApple
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Ill refer you to this thread:
    http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...scal-Year-Loss

    But to quote what I said in there:



    The price cut cost them.
    What I meant by being price reactive is that they had to cut the price when they didnt want to.
    How do you know they had to cut the price when they did not want to? It was not as if the PS3 was posting poor hardware and software sales and was going to epically collapse if no price-cut was given. Quite the contrary was the situation.

    They did the price-cut because they believe/forecast that increased in hardware/software/accessory sales will lead to a better outcome. Whether that happens is a an open question.

    But you cannot say the "price cut cost" them when the long-term outcomes of that price cut have not been verified.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.